would you be interested?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OMEGAPRIME1983, Jan 29, 2009.

?

would you like transformable RC cars?

1. yes

38 vote(s)
    70.4%
  2. no

16 vote(s)
    29.6%
  1. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hey all, I'm in class right now, and I need to come up with a new product to propose to a company. I was wondering that if I were to propose the idea of transformable Radio controlled car would you be interested in some thing like that? Let me know as this is something I might actually like to propose to Hastak.

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I'd definitely like that!

3. AMG

AMG Old School

Yes I would. In fact, I'm wondering if we're going to get one in the form of Wheelie from the new movie.

4. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

I thought they actually made a transforming RC car. I think I saw it at Target once.

EDIT: Yep, it's called the V-BOT. Sorta looks like gears.

5. krazy83karl

krazy83karl Well-Known Member

I couldn't say that I would exactly be interested in this concept, but I could definitely see a marketing strategy to target younger kids who don't necessarily know transformers but are into RC cars that would totally be into a transforming rc car. And then as a side market you get the hardcore transformer collectors who would collect anything transformers as it is. I'd defiintely say it has potential to work.

6. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

There's also a toy by the name of RCRC, another transforming remote controlled car/robot. Albeit he basically squats down to transform, it still is competition...

7. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Totally. Probably be expensive though.

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I just goack on here, and am very surpirsed by all of the positive feedback. Thanks so much everyone! So I was looking at the new human alliance BB, and started refining my idea. Initially I was going to give it a switch button on the remote, but as I was thinking about it, instead of doing that I would just put a small motor into each rear wheel that would run them. Then some how possibley make each wheel turn seperately but at the same time obviously to turn the vehicle, and keep the aspect of the manual transforming in the toy. After all, that's half the fun of transformers right? Now here's where I need a bit of help. I need to come up with an actual proposal for this class. Where could I find a motor small enough to do something of this nature??? How could one go about maybe making the front steering independant from each other? I'm thinking that something like this would work for a figure the size of Ult. BB... I really want to make this something that is actually small enough to still play with as a figure, but able to run radio controlled functions. Any suggestions?

9. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I'm actually working on one now! It'll be Alternators scale, Cliffjumper! I will give no more details as to the how or what, but the engineering is about 40% complete!;) 

10. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just need tips to get this assignment done. Deffinately not looking to steal anyones idea.

11. Movebuster

Movebuster Hiding True Intelligence

I've got an Idea for a tiny motor that might be useful for automating transformations, but I will probably never get around to building and testing it. It's kind of a linear electric motor. It basically consists of a permanent magnet and an electromagnet attached to opposite sides of a hinge. This combination is multiplied many times throughout the transformer, and to transform the toy, the electromagnets are caused to switch polarity in sequence... the speed at which this could be done effectively, I couldn't tell you. It would be cool if you took my idea and it took off!

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Definitely, if the remote control had controls in which you could do the transformation itself instead of it being fully automated.

13. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    You could do a small scale transforming car for use on slot racetracks, like the old school glow-in-the-dark Tyco set I still have from the 80's, or the newer one from Scalextric.

14. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, I dont know if the small motors from the slot cars would work that well though, but thats deffinately a good place to start at though, so thanks much for that :thumb  More to the point, how would I be able to get that to run on a remote that isnt connected to the figure though???? Thats where I'm stumped, cus I cant seem to be able to find any kind of a motor thats small enough to be able to fit into the leg of an BINALT or the new H.A. BB from the ROTF line. I need to have something for this class that is feasable in construction unfortunately.

15. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    As long as it leads to a transformable airplane I can call Jetfire then yes.

16. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Does anyone remember the transforming RC cars we got back in the 07 Movie line?

17. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
  18. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I've thought about doing the same thing myself... cannibalizing an Alternators and installing the proper components.

19. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they transformed they would fly pff the shelf.

20. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they transformed they would fly off the shelf.