Would we have a chance to have bigger characters in the CHUG style?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rodimusconvoy, Oct 24, 2010.

1. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Characters like Omega Supreme, the combiners, Trypticon, etc. in the Generations style (new style).

Something like updated versions like Cyclonus, Red Alert, etc.

2. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love that especially if the combiner teams could combine

3. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    When the movie stuff dies down, I could see it happening.

4. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    The only combiners we'll probably see are Bruticus and Superion, again.

I think Hasbro has some kind of hatred towards the other combiners (well, they did give us the Seacons so that's better than nothing). You think they would have done something with Menasor or Devastator out of the last remaining combiners.

5. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I don't think we'll ever get an appropriately large Trypticon or Omega Supreme update.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    If PCC does well enough to get a bigger budget next time around, they will definitely do updates of the combiners we want. Or at least that's what the Hasbro rep told me at Botcon.

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I got to agree with GOGDog after DOTM dies down we would have our best chance for it to happen.

8. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeap this is mostly what is going to happen. Sadly it's going to maybe be 2+ years. Hell of a wiat yes but maybe they will pepper the line with some classics looking one like Breacher from HFTD and what not. But after the initial run of the core movie stuff and characters.

9. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    So long as what they make isn't crippled by it's electronics like the Universe Ultras were then bigger characters would be nice to have.

10. optronix72

optronix72 Autobot

Ebay:
    They should make a wfc Omega Supreme and Trypticon, and Metroplex and a new style Fortress Maximus............. bring back some of the big ones Hasbro! (spend money to make money!) they would sell!

11. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Omega Supreme and Trypticon would sell so long as they retain their flying death cannon alt-modes from WFC.

Fortress Maximus would need to transform into metaphorical fortress on wheels or something.

12. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    fort max would still be good as a city bot, but hasbro won't make anymore city bots

13. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Because no kid wants to buy a Transformer that turns into a condo.

14. vmagnum

vmagnum Horrorcon

Or Metroplex,for that matter.Boy,how I wish

15. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I wouldn't hold my breath. Hasbro's put a lot of effort over the past couple years in improving the play value of smaller toys. I don't think there's going to be any big move towards going back to larger figures, especially considering that they flat out don't sell as well on the market.

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I think there's a possibility of it happening, but at the same time I'm not going to hold my breath for it. As long as they advertised it's play value with Legends-sized figures, I think a city/base-former could sell well. They just have to make sure they can get kids interested enough in it that those kids could then convince their parents to buy them a larger toy. Plenty of gimmicks and what not would be needed, along with some sort of connection to current fiction. Add to all that the toy safety laws they need to abide by.

In the end, it's possible, but not as probable as them sticking to the smaller figures. Especially Deluxe-class figures, since they seem to sell the best.

17. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I can't see it, sadly.

Generally, the further you go in either direction on the size scale with TFs, the more of a shelfwarmer they become.

Look at recent years, Animated supreme Prime, ROTF Devastator, Ultimate Bumblebee, Armada Unicron... all shelfwarmed more than the deluxes which were around at the time.

On the flipside, every time I go into a shop that sells TFs, I see shelves and shelves of legends and RPMs, erm, not selling!

We may see the odd huge figure released from time to time in the coming years, but I'm not going to be holding my breath.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see updated versions of Fort Max, Trypticon, Omega Supreme et al, but history has shown us that the demand for the big toys at retail is not high, which may result in Hasbro simply not producing them.

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    There just isn't a market for the big bots anymore. Even leaders have trouble moving outside of christmas season.

It's not like it was in the 80's, where big playsets were the thing every kid wanted, and if you had a big robot that turned into a big playset, that was the coolest damn thing ever.

Those were the days. Those days were awesome.

19. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd love to see some city/base-bots but sadly I can't see it happening for reasons others have outlined - the big stuff just doesn't sell.

20. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

I agree, we need both City Bots and Omega Supreme