Would u prefer an real ressurection or reformat

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eagc7, Mar 29, 2012.

?

??

1. An actual/real Ressurection

15.4%
  2. Reformat them to Galvatron, Scourge, Cyclonus, whatever!

56.4%
  3. Doesnt matter to me, just bring them back somehow

28.2%
  1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think I would like to see Megatron at least come back, and be the major threat that he deserves to be.

How that is pulled off depends on how it is handled - but I'd not call anyone narrow-minded or idiotic movie fans for wanting to see major characters - Hall of Famers and central players in the mythos - to make a reappearance. Honestly a couple of you guys are starting to sound like you're trolling in driving that opinion home.

2. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Mindwipe, Bludgeon, Overlord, Thunderwing, Sunstorm, Jhiaxus, a real Sideways that changes sides... Hell, even Tidal Wave.

Just for the love of God, not those three.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Unless it's a reboot, neither, let them stay dead. They've already poisoned the well when it comes to ressurrections in the Bay films.

If they desparately want to make use of some aspect of those characters, I'm sure this multi-million dollar team can put their heads together and come up with some NEW way around the problem.

4. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    This

5. Mixmastah

Mixmastah Scientist

News Credits:
    Neither they are dead get over it. Megatron died and was ressurected once that was enough.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

No resurrection, no reformatting characters, no other back from the dead tricks.

If the movies need these types of characters to carry the franchise forward then simply put they need to stop killing off Decepticons left and right as their one and only idea of how to end a movie.

I understand that some people really like the characters but the production team is never going to learn from their mistakes if they can always go oops we shouldn't have killed that character so lets just magically bring them back from the dead.

7. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

Partial reformat for Shockwave since he didn't get decapitated or have his spark extinguished.

I approve of your avatar.

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    None of the above.

I'm with this guy. New villains are currently the way to go, and Overlord would make a splendid new villain.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    If Megatron had to be brought back in some way (not that I'm saying I'd be upset if they went with a completely new bad guy for the movies like Overlord) I'd be happy for him to be either reformatted or resurrected or rebuilt or any other 're' words into Galvatron. Just as long as Galvatron was given some decent personality rather than the 'Rargh!' mosnter Megatron was most of the time.

Bringing Megatron back as just Megatron won't do it for me now as the character in the BayVerse just fell too far to be taken seriously anymore. Making him into Galvatron gives the character another shot at being taken seriously while also sorta giving him a clean slate with the audience for his failings. Giving Galvatron Megatron as his origin and backstory gives the 'new' bad guy a built-in history and gives him something to work away from with whatever new plan his comes with to win against the Autobots and the humans. He's all-new but he still has that connection to Optimus the previous movies established rather than having to bring in a completely new bad guy and build everything from scratch.

It may be a bit yawnsome for some to revive Megatron yet again, but if he's revived as sort of someone else then at least it's a new slant on it, and one that the general audience won't really know has been done in TF before.

We could still have Overlord anyways. Just Galvatron as well. :) 

10. thecollector

thecollector Will pet your dog

Neither. Let the dead stay dead, I'd like to see some new villains instead of the same guys over and over again.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind if Starscream was brought back. Considering G1, UT, and Animated, being immortal of sorts is par for course for him.

Soundwave should stay dead. Megs is on the fence for me.

12. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

Yes! Someone agrees Shocky could have lived!

13. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

None. And stop making threads about this. One is more than enough.

14. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

*looks at the thread title*
    Ah its an eagc7 thread.. big surprise.

On topic; I dont want them back. At this point Megatron has been killed twice. Enough already.
    Give some new villains a chance to shine, like Straxus.

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Megatron should be ressurrected and die again in the first 10 minutes. In fact, the entire movie should just be those three Decepticons coming back from the dead in increasingly implausible and ridiculous ways only to be continuously dispatched in gruesome and brutal fashion minutes later.

16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I disagree. If you look back at some of Transformers past -- the Marvel comics, for instance -- some of the most interesting parts were extended periods where one or more of those characters were absent. And Beast Wars, considered by more than a few people to be the franchise's pinnacle, more or less only really featured one of those three characters, and even then, only briefly and as a ghost.

The thread-starter is a guy who by his own testimony has admitted he's never watched or read any Transformers other than the three Bay movies. All that people here are suggesting is that if he chose to expand his horizons a little, he might find more to enjoy out there. It also might curb some of the self-destructive behavior he's described when thinking about these characters' deaths. I don't think anyone here is being trollish in the slightest.

17. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i want see galavtron yelled decepticons

18. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    i am confused

just to be honest i have read some TF comic books, before u say well they must be the bayformers comics, yes i read them, but i also read some G1 Comics

19. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    Overlord, Straxus, Ratbat and/Or Thunderwing or GTFO.

20. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light

:lolol 

edit* And nice.. I quoted the wrong post :(