Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Soundwavedredd2, Jun 2, 2012.
If u were given the chance to change rotf or DOTM What would u do and why?
>Remove the dog humping scene
>Remove the Wheelie humping scene
>Remove Devastator for a longer final battle sequence between The Fallen, Optimus, and Megatron, or keep Devastator but make him last longer and not killed by a deus ex machina
>Remove the Simmons thong scene
>Cut most of the college crap
>Cut some of "RUNNAN THRU DA DESERT"
>Have Jetfire actually combine with Optimus and live for the third film rather than dying and Optimus wearing his corpse
>Have the robots do something other than standing in the background outside of the Shanghai and desert fights
>Cut some of "FALLAN THRU FALLAN SKYSCRAPER"
>Make the flying squirrel scene a bit shorter
>MAKE THE OPTIMUS AND MEGATRON FIGHT LAST LONGER DAMMIT, and add some more dialogue
>Make Shockwave speak English
>Replace Que with Jolt
>Soundwave actually kills Bumblebee
>Have someone mention that Ironhide is dead
>Put the twins in the movie, have them die the same way as in the comic adaptation
Reasons for most of them being to remove stupid humor, make the movies less drawn out, and flesh out the robots a bit more.
this sums everything up perfectly!
Besides agreeing with most of what Bountyan said, OP, this is quite a popular topic.
Michael Bay would be replaced with another director. Someone who actually cares.
Once again, Tyler is on the ball. He's like the sage of the movie forums.
Make Devestator more threatening and make him harder to kill
Remove Devestator's balls
Remove the Twins
Make the Fallen harder to kill and a better villain
Remove the stupid jokes
Remove the scene with Wheelie humping Megan Fox's leg
Remove some of the college stuff
Have Jetfire's combining with Optimus not kill him
Have Starscream attempt to overthrow Megatron, but fail in the end
Include hints towards Megatron being tired of the war
Mirage and Wheeljack keep their names
Mirage gets killed instead of Wheeljack
Give Barricade a larger role
Have remorse from Optimus over Ironhide's death
Give Shockwave a larger role and more lines
Have Jetfire and Starscream have a huge aerial battle which apparently kills Starscream
Have Sidewipe die in the Chicago battle after Mirage dies
Have Bumblebee get killed by Soundwave
Have Ratchet kill Soundwave
Give Topspin a voice
Give Ratchet more lines
Have Megatron feel guilty over the war, but have him still want Optimus dead, leading to Megatron's death
Make the fight between Optimus and Megatron slightly longer
At the end have a close up Starscream's body, and have his eyes light up, leaving potential open for the fourth movie
I've always felt that ROTF felt kinda clutterd and rushed with a lot of interesting stuff glossed over and under developed so I'd split it into two films.
The 1st film would focus on the Nest and Autobot hunt for Decepticon infiltrators and Sams time at college(yep more college time ). This movie would be more about build up and paranoia with time spent fleshing out the cast(human and bot).
The Nest plotline would show the global threat that Con infiltrators pose as well as drop hints that they are after more than revenge against the Autobots and there Human allies.
The college plotline would at first seem lighter with Sam trying to fit into his new life while trying to make his long distance relationship with Mikaela work. But it would steadily amp up the menace and parinoa with the Allspark giving Sam strange dreams and later on visions, as well as both Sam and Mikaela realising that the Cons are after them.
The film would end with Primes death at Megatrons hands, Nest being shut down and the Fallen transmiting his messege to the world.
The 2nd film would open with Sam and company on the run from both the Cons and the goverment. Hooking up with Simmons allows him to get in contact with the Nest guys. The film can then focus on the hunt to find the tomb of the primes and the sunkiller giving us a global search for clues that involves more than wondering around Eygpt for a couple of days and be more like the Indy and National treasure movies.
Dude, please slow down on the threads.
You've made several in the past couple days.
The only thing I would change about Revenge of The Fallen would be the geographical errors.
i keep brains in unwear drawer sence in dotm
i keep 7 primes in rotf
revome crazy general
Perfect! (ThoughI did rather like Que, I really wish Jolt got more screen time and dialogue, so he would be an acceptable replacement).
RotF - Take out some of the humor and say that Megatron was actually in Stasis lock and just needed energy to give his spark a jump start again. So he wouldn't have died twice
DoTM- This and TF1 are my two favorite movies to be honest but if I HAD TO CHANGE anything it would be refrence Ironhides death.
Get rid of bay and the writers, hire Joss Wheedon to write and direct.
Give him new designs to work with.
Very nice, I like this a lot!
If I where to change something?
Get ride of Michel Bay.
I agree with a lot of Bountyan's changes, so I'm just going to put up a variant of his list, with an additional list for the movieverse changes
RotF would require a major rewrite to bring the diamond out of the rough, so I'll hold off on it for now.
>Most of the job interview sequence is scrapped.
>Replace Que with Jolt, and have Jolt fill a similar role, right up to his execution. He would still have Que's alternate mode, explained as an upgrade.
>Starscream kills Dino, like in the novel adaptation.
>Megatron stays out of the fighting, instead acting as the diabolic manipulator pulling Sentinel's strings; after Sentinel executes Ironhide, he begins to question himself at Washington, only to have Megatron spell out how Optimus sacrificed their home for a bunch of insects. Also, when Sentinel does his whole face-grabbing thing at Chicago, Megatron pries Sentinel's hand out of his face, overpowers him, and growls "Did you really think I was that weak? That I would allow you to take control so easily? I don't think so. You need to be educated on the facts of your new situation, Sentinel: You have no where left to go, save me. I am the one with the resources to restore my empire. If you want to see your home again, you will follow me."
>Sentinel gets the "Cybertron, you are saved" line just as Cybertron emerges, while Megatron roars "It's our world, now!"
>During Optimus's rampage, he grabs Shockwave's cannon and shoots at the pillar, only this time destroying it and Cybertron. Sentinel looks on in horrified despair at Cybertron's destruction, which leads into his duel with Optimus: "I bring you Cybertron, your home! And still you choose humanity? Why?!" Optimus would respond, "You taught me that freedom is the right of all sentient beings. You of all people should know why."
>During Optimus and Sentinel's duel, as Sentinel overpowers Optimus, he accuses him of not being able to make the hard decisions. Optimus changes the tempo of the battle, laying into Sentinel and beating the living crap out of him, furiously retorting, "Hard decisions? Who are you to talk to me about the hard decisions?! I launched the Allspark into space to stop Megatron from using it to enslave others! I destroyed the Solar Harvester, the only chance of getting the Allspark back, so that billions could live! I just destroyed my home, to save this planet. And you want to talk to me about hard decisions?! You took the easy way out. You made a deal with the devil."
>As the fight ends, with Sentinel on his knees, Optimus says "You didn't just betray me. You betrayed the people of this city. You betrayed Ironhide. You betrayed everything you stood for. You brought this on yourself."
>Put the twins in the movie, have them die the same way as in the comic adaptation.
>Laserbeak escapes Sam and Bumblebee, rendevousing with Megatron. Megatron turns into his vehicle mode, while Laserbeak turns into the pink Bumblebee, hops in Megatron's cab, and the two roll out of Chicago while the getting is good.
None of this is to say that I'm unhappy with Dark of the Moon; these are just alternate ideas.
what this guy said. word for word.
Megatron and Sentinel should swap roles in the Chicago section. Megatron (who should be getting better, not slowly dying) should beat Sentinel around who starts to question if he made the right choice in joining Megatron. In the final battle, Megatron should be the one who fights an beats Optimus. Then as he's about to kill Optimus, he is attacked by Sentinel. After a brief battle, Sentinel kills Megatron but not before being fatally wounded. He begs for forgiveness but as Optimus flashes back to Ironhide and the twins, he refuses to forgive Sentinel.
Soundwave gets to beat the crap out of the Captured Bumblebee, like in the novel. Also, he should have his G1 personality and it would be Barricades idea to put a show on for Megatron. Them torturing the Bots for LOLs instead of just killing them could be part of what convinces Sentinel that he's on the wrong side. Soundwave should be killed by Sideswipe. Que should be killed when Shockwave first attacks the Autobots, like in the novel.
Starscream should be injured by Sam and killed by Mirage who Starscream manages to kill before he dies.
The Alice scenes in ROTF should be cut out and the extra time used for explaining plot holes and more back story. Also, the Cons should only have met the Fallen between the TF1 and ROTF and Megatrons return to the Nemesis should be his first Meeting with him. Here, the Fallen should give the false promise of Making Megatron a Prime. Megatron should also make plans to get rid of the Fallen after he becomes a Prime. He makes certain they have insufficient areal defenses so the Bombers kills the Constructicons (who are the Fallens elite) and intentionally wastes Devastator on a Pyramid, instead of using him to fight the Bots.
It is explained that only the spark energy of a Prime can kill the Fallen. Jetfire knowing this merges his spark with Optimus so Optimus has extra spark energy. The way Optimus kills the Fallen should be altered to fit this.
When Optimus fights the Fallen, he should be losing until Megatrons entrance into the Battle. Megatron should have a brief battle with the Fallen, instead of Optimus. Optimus then uses this to his advantage and attacks the Weakened Fallen and manages to kill him.
Devastator should only have been injured by the rail gun and at the end if the film, taken down by the Autobots.
Grindor should not exist. Optimus should not be able to take on Megatron, Starscream and someone almost twice his size so easily. Therefor, he should not be in the Forest Battle. His role of abducting Sam and co. should be filled by Barricade who should also replace Sideways except he actually (only just) manages to escape Shanghai. Bees fight scene with Rampage should be changed to one with Barricade who wins but runs when Soundwave informs him of the incoming bombers.
Arcee should be a car, not three bikes, Jolt should be cut out, Skids and Mudflap should be Sideswipe and Sunstreaker and be less annoying, Ravage should fill all of Reedmans scenes and the Protoforms in Egypt and Bonecrusher (or whatever it was in ROTF) should be replaced by the rest of the Constructicons. Leo Should be replaced by Glen.
Alright, here's mine. Some of them will simply reinforce what others have said, while others will be strictly my own.
Broad things between all three movies
-Optimus, Ironhide, and Ratchet form the 'old guys' for the Autobots. They all treat each other as equals like they were friends before they were troops. When Ironhide dies, Optimus drives all of his rage towards Megatron while Ratchet takes it really hard.
-Soundwave is there from the very beginning. He doesn't fight in '07, but Frenzy is one of his many advanced 'pets' and he helps coordinate the Mission City attack. In RotF, Ravage is the one on the satellite until he crashes to earth (his laser eye pointing towards earth, body contracts and streamlines, tail blade 'plugs' into satellite).
- Instead of having Mikaela and Carly, composite them so there's no 'who is she' moment in the third one. She would have the mechanical prowess of Mikaela, and be helping Dylan (who raced according to the newspaper clips) in the third one.
- Jolt gains more screentime and is characterised as an extremely hyperactive and excitable inventor. Towards the beginning, he is downright giddy giving Bumblebee some new gadget.
- Sam is still in college, but cut out the college humor. Leo is portrayed more competent as a conspiracy theorist who found out about the Transformers on his own from the happenings of the first one. (Just pretend something changed in the first one too so it could more likely be kept underwraps.)
- Optimus still has vengeance for Megatron, but is portrayed as being sympathetic towards Demolisher and others who he feels have been twisted by Megatron. The camera angle would change when he kills Demolishor from 'gun pointing towards camera' to 'man shooting rabid dog'. Also, Demolishor will be raving like a mad man about how Megatron will rise again, the earth will burn, he will raise Cybertron from the ashes etc... when afterwards, Optimus shows some sense of regret but say it had to be done and it is all the more reason he must have resolve in his mission.
- Starscream and Soundwave have more spotlight in the beginning. Soundwave wants to revive Megatron as he believes Megatron is the Decepticon's strength while Starscream argues that it is a lost cause. Obviously, Soundwave wins. He uses various precision strikes to revive Megatron right under the humans' nose. Optimus catches on to the plan because of Demolishor two seconds too late. (Galloway says all they can do is place a few ships over the abyss.
- Megatron is shown as being twofaced. He inspires leagues of Decepticon troops in a slightly Hitler to Germany inspired speech about the greatness of their race, Cybertron must be remade, and the Autobots would rather protect insects than their own homeland so are pretty much emotionless monsters. The Decepticons roar and clang. Megatron turns around and talks to Soundwave where he reveals Cybertron is far too long gone and he just wants Earth as the breadbasket for his new empire.
-The Fallen is locked away in Egypt from the beginning and Megatron wants to unleash him because of his vast powers. Megatron is actually shown manipulating his predecessor by turning his rage against his brethren to make him try to destroy prime. He has vast powers including the abilities of teleportation, telekinesis, and pyrokinesis. The fight against Prime lasts a lot longer.
-Megatron looks pretty bad from the start of his ressurrection. The head gash is given to him from the forest battle which is what leads him to become desperate enough to try to unleash the 'agent of entropy' the Fallen. He progressively looks worse throughout the movie.
-Devastator is the combined form of the Fallen's guards standing over his tomb and is treated as a legend on Cybertron; he didn't name himself after the powerful winds, cybertronians named the wins after him. Only a combined assault could take him down in the end.
- Instead of the biker triplets, there is only one; Arcee. She is treated as a spy and an infiltrator while also being something as a cybertronian ambassador; being the only one to fit into most buildings.
-Maggie is here and she is the hacking specialist for NEST. She makes some comments about both how hard it was to conceal the 2007 incident and about a hacker coming from Sam's college who could unveil all that.
- The matrix doesn't melt in Sam's hands. it has a small blue glow that enters Optimus thus leaving the actual Matrix as nothing but a trophy. Now, the Fallen must kill Optimus and absorb the true Matrix energy for himself if he is to activate the Sun Harvester thus providing more motive.
- Now, for the standard ones. There is no Simmon but, no marijuana, no Devestator balls, and no leg humping. Instead of Sam seeing roboheaven, the combined wisdom of the Primes talk to the revived Optimus about who the Fallen is and why he must be stopped.
I think I did a pretty good job.
My DotM list is a lot shorter;
-Less of Sam's job search.
- Sentinel is portrayed as a Noble Demon of sorts. He really does just want his home back and is more than willing to leave it at that. He rejects the Matrix because he is unworthy (facial cues would be more obvious). He tries to overpower Megatron when Megatron seems to go to far, but Megatron is still stronger even in his weaker state. He gets the "Cybertron at last" line while Megatron gets "Now, we are gods" when Chicago is pretty much overruled. Sentinel gets the faceslap moment with Carly while he is sulking and attempts to take down Megatron. He thinks he has succeeded, turns to Optimus (because Optimus just destroyed the spacebridge), slight fight, Megatron backstabs. Sentinel Prime says something like "I did all of this for Cybertron, for our future, for us. Why couldn't you see that?" While Optimus says something like "A long time ago, you told me 'Freedom is the right of all sentient beings'. Why are we worth more than them?" Then, epic fight with Megatron. Just as Optimus lands the killer blow, we see everything Megatron has ever done, every life he destroyed.
- Epilogue is filled with a message of hope at last. Some Decepticons throw down their arms when they realize Megatron is dead, others run. There is some dedication to both Ironhide and Sentinel. The public at large nows not just that transformers exist, which they did since Egypt, but now they know their heroes.
-More minor things. Soundwave is treated as more feared, he speaks, and the Dreads are called his hounds. The twins die like in the novel. Dino isn't a ferarri, thus can be called Mirage, and is treated as Sideswipe's 'brother'. He is portrayed as respectful towards Optimus, but distrustful towards humans. He dies protecting Lennox from Shockwave in the end. There is no Que, but Jolt has his place.
Separate names with a comma.