would this be a better vehicle mode for transformers animated soundwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Apr 17, 2010.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

Soundwave by ~CyRaptor on deviantART

the more i look at that picture the more i get the feeling it could actually be made asa kitbashed transforme figure from animated ultramagnus

swap out one shouldr cannone for a energon shockblast arm cannon

mod the shockblast arm cannon using energon weapon parts from energon omnicon signal flare

and swap out the head for cybertron optimus priems head for starters

give it a better g1 soundwave style paint job a mid waist rotating joint and a better set of wrist jointed super articualted hands and i think all that work would go a long way to making that picture a reality kitbash transformer figure wise

to be honest i actually think that vehicled mode would work better for soundwave or soundblaster even

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

That can't work with the Animated UM mold without a REDICULOUS, namely because that design has the truck windows in the chest, whereas the actual UM toy has the cab splitting in half and becoming the giant sholders. To even make the chest right, you'd need to totally re-engineer the body, stripping out the electronics and carving holes into the sholder blocks so that it could work as a replacement main body.

Frankly, more work than it's worth in my opinion, especialy since I think the Animated Soundwave that we did get is perfect for the "sonic warrior" since he turns into an xB covered with SUB-WOOFERS.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Interesting, it reminds me of the "laser" trucks from the old Godzilla movies

4. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i figure with little dremil work here and there and some scratch building animated ultra magnsu 's chest could be rmeolded and partially rebuilt in sucha way that his chest is designed based on g1 soudwaves chest but with it still more or less having the original shape of aniamted ultra magnus's chest mold

basicly it being a hybrid design of magnsu and soudwaves chest s to jsut pull off that classics look for the character

yeah it would take some work though but it would not be too diffacult for any skilled kitbasher here to pull off

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

That would still require gutting the entire figure of ALL electronics, because the chest has the Elite Guard symbol that activates the lights and soundbytes that are Ultra-Magnus centric, and then to put in the giant radar cannon thing you'd have to remove the light-up giant cannons right behind the head, but then that introduces the problem of it being something similar to Machine Wars Soundwave except the cannon would really offset the balance of the figure.