Would the Movie Constructicons now count as army-builders?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Opticron Primal, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    We've been told that in the movieverse the Constructicons are more then just 7 main bots. They're an entire sub-faction with multiple soldiers. The movie further cements that claim.

So with that said, would that mean that the Constructicon toys we're getting could also be used to army build? It seems so from what we now know.

2. BonecrusherCA

BonecrusherCA Plastic Crackhead

$12 or $23 is a little steep for army building, no?
    Although, not saying I won't buy a red Rampage or yellow Long Haul should they make one. And Jungle Bonecrusher doesn't look so out of place anymore.

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i am sure going to get at least two long hauls

4. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    In the movie, 1 Long Haul was a robot, and 2 Long Hauls were used on Devastator.

5. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont think two were used in the combination however there was a dump truck parked there and another one drives up

I wont army build them but I will have the loose cons infront of my Devs when he comes out and any repaints

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

MegaHavok is right, but the other Dump Truck is called "Overload", a red articulated Dump Truck, as his toy is named in the EX legends Devestator, who looks awesome.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, expensive troop-builders, but official troop-builders none the less. Only way I personally would troop-build them, is if they were Scout class figures (like Dirt Boss is). As-is, there's only three of the Constructicon's that I plan/want to get, and only two of them are getting larger-than-Legends/EZ figures, Long Haul and Rampage. The third is Overload, who shows up extremely briefly in the movie to combine to form Devastator. Realistically, while he is a different kind of dump truck, I'd honestly be happy enough with a repaint/retool of Long Haul (at least give him a new head like the Deluxe repaints are getting). I just can't see them making a Deluxe or Voyager version of him, though it'd be nice to be proven wrong about this, lol.

8. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    They could be but, I think it's too much money. It might not even be worth it if you don't play with your toys.

9. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Before the other vehicles arrived, Hightower and Long Haul were already parked.
    Overload, Scrapper, Mixmaster, Scavenger arrive and park beside Hightower.
    Another Long Haul arrived with Rampage.
    The legs are already formed and the arms are already formed.
    Another Scrapper is used to form the left hand.
    The parked Long Haul also transforms but it is not shown which part he went into.
    So at least 2 Long Hauls were used, and 2 Scrappers but there could've been more duplicates in forming Devastator.

10. newguy

newguy i

Maybe 1 MISB and 1 for display if you have the money. I'm not even sure how I get the money to buy the TFs i have now, so I don't think I will be able to get 2 of each constructicon. I don't like some of them anyways. So far all I like is Mixmaster.

11. BonecrusherCA

BonecrusherCA Plastic Crackhead

I actually am hoping for a deluxe Scrapper as well, particularly considering he's the "Constructicon Scout" in the ROTF game.

12. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I have six rampage two mixmaster and three demolishor so far.

They do make good troop builders even if the movie continuity had'nt supported that. They should make that red rampage though. so I can fill out the Squad leaders.

If your wondering how I afford so many transformers: I Starve And have a 40 hour work week.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  13. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Not unless I am (a) bored, (b) have money to burn, (c) there is a HUGE sale, or (d) there are a lot of goofy repaints. I am guessing that one of these will happen, so probably will end up with an army when all is said and done. Definately a red Rampage if he comes out. That looked pretty sick on film.

I am really suprised that Hasbro didn't whore out a rainbow worth of generic protoform D-Cons though.

What I am really looking forward to is all the fan made creations from The Fallen's toy.

14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I know why Rampage is red and not yellow - to avoid colour clashing with Bumblebee!

15. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    After seeing the film I think that Devastator is the 'character' and his alt mode is the seven (six) construction vehicles.

Dev is never referred to as 'they', his bio names the vehicles, but talks only of Dev's personality.

Eh, it really helps to rationalize buying the $100 set...

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL! I'm still unsure of getting the big guy but being the sucker I am for TFs, the moment I see him on the shelf, I've pick him up! LOL!

17. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Pretty cheap compared to the Botcon Sweeps army builders, and right on par with the potential army-building of the TRU G1 Insecticons resissue: $35/3~=~$12