Would the fan Script been better?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by protocida, Jul 5, 2009.

1. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In 2008, an "official" Script for Transformers 2 leaked on Internet and was eventually proven false, but several people like it, and some theorize that certain ideas of it were incorporated on the official movie script.

Now that Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is out and praticly everyone saw it, I come here to ask:

Would the fan Script been a better movie if it was real, or is RotF better?

For those who don't remember the Fan Script: http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h12/dvg_forum/transformers/

Discuss. :thumbs2: 

2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Impossible to say.

3. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    Generally fan scripts drip of wet wankery.

4. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Story-wise, I mean.

5. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like a lot of the ideas in this treatment better than a lot of what we ended up getting, but I agree there's no way to say the execution would have been better.

And, wasn't this confirmed as not just a fan thing, but an official early outline?

6. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    No, I feel the pacing in that would have been poor.

7. messi

messi Well-Known Member

it wasn't a fan script, it was done by real screenwriters but not considered.

8. Lunar_wolf

Lunar_wolf thisuniverse.tk

It depends on the persons talent. Most of the scripts would be garbage.

9. transFormers3

transFormers3 Well-Known Member

I've never saw this script before, I'll read it right now.

10. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    If your talking about the Las Vegas based one, no I don't think it would have been better.

It had some good ideas but there would have been major bitching from the fact that a even bigger precentage of the Decepticon forces were protoforms during the final battle and that it ended on a cliffhanger doesn't really help things.

11. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    Nah.

12. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Yeah, there are alot of elements that just don't work in this "Script" to translate well into a movie (What was with the Fast and Furious Racing moment and the character Shige? Did this dude watch aformetnioned movie and Disturbia as well?). Makes for great FanFiction though.

13. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    the movie had a script?

14. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

i think if the writers took it more seriously and did not have so much humor and had a fan with knowledge revise it and throw in some ideas the script would turn out the best under this scenario!

15. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    While it's a nice read, it probably wouldn't be any better on screen. Sam's roommate in this script probably would have been just as annoying as Leo is to most people. Devastator still wouldn't have done much and people still wouldn't like the humor (Sam's roomy pissing his pants during the Devastator fight).

But hey, no one can really say since it's only a script.

16. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

not to say the pacing in rotf really was all that remarkable. I have a hard time thinking anything else could be worse. That movie constantly moved and left most people behind.

I think the treatment would have been a decent time line if anything it was consistent with being an understandable next step in plot.

the Fallen idea in the current movie was a horrible fan nod as it was trying to be more underground/cool than anyone cared for. Its as if they wanted to really say to the fans hey were hip we are with it we are so cool we know the fallen, not realizing most of us could care less about the fallen. lol . If they really felt so hell bent to introduce the fallen they should have just alluded to him being on the wrecked nemesis in obelisk form and made a huge build up of him finally being let out for part three. Then it would of made what ever kills prime activating his re entry into this realm more signinficant. Plus people would be wondering for the entire time is Prime ever coming back to life. That would be the decepticons revenge and then the name may make sense instead of the Revenge part never really happening. If anything this should have been named Revenge of the Critics. LOL

Simple things like this ROTF couldnt even accomplish instead its here is bot a and bot b they fight and maybe lets add bot c,d , e then F oh why not just throw bots G-Z in , oh we ran out of bots just reuse bots F-N the fans wont care they ll just be happy with anything.

The clone or drone army is a tired excuse for bad scripting. The treatment was indeed better especially how it handled devastator than what we got in the movie

17. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    How was it a Horrible Fan Nod, and how on earth were they trying to be "Underground/Hip & Cool" by choosing him? People were requesting that they include the 13 Primes in the next film (from what I remember) and they did just that. The Fallen was apart of those 13 Primes up until he decided to try and kill the planet Earth by destroying the Sun with the Sun Harvester. Dude, you do realize the people working on this film franchise are fans of Transformers as well, right? I think they know what their doing when they take concepts and character from every TF Continuity and create what is the movieverse as we know it.

I'm pretty sure people were wondering when and if Prime was going to be brought back to life in ROTF after he was killed by Megatron. And you wanted the Fallen to be handled with like Sauron was in the LOTR trilogy (sans the floating eye wreathed in flame)? Stuck up in a tower and twiddling his thumbs until the next movie? No thanks, I don't think that would've worked at all. In fact I'm pretty sure people would've been complaining about that detail as well (not to mention drawing comparisons to said movie).

So you were unhappy with "More Robots Fighting"? Okay, there's no pleasing you then. And they weren't clones/drones, they were Decepticon Protoforms. I.E., Transformers without Alt. Modes (and I seem to remember "Cannon Fodder" being common place in the TF Universe as well, so what's out place with faceless characters?). And is it impossible to believe that Grindor chose the same Alt. Mode as Blackout?

18. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    i remember this and liked it

19. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  20. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That fan script would of been loads better. I loved it since the first moment I read it.