Would the Autobots really HUNT DOWN the Decepticons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Johnator, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

The beginning of the movie has the Autobots hunting down and killing Decepticons that are hiding on Earth. My question is why? Megatron is dead (at the time) and I would think the Autobots would want peace not killing every last one of them.

I know the Decepticons are evil but it seems they can be redeemed. Jetfire changed sides in the movie as did Wheelie (kind of) so we know it is possible. I would think that Optimus Prime would want peace and to reunite with as many of his kind as possible. Megatron is gone so wouldn't it be the ideal time? I just don't picture the Autobots as a "kill them all!" type group.

Thoughts?

2. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    This was kind of handled poorly, it even seemed for a minute all the Decepticons they are hunting are innocent and just want to be left alone :p ..

But I think the Autobots wouldn't go for them unless the Decepticons popped up on their radar doing mischievous things..let's just assume characters like Demolishor or Sideways did some bad stuff before they got wrecked.

3. Johnator

I thought the exact same thing!

4. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's this. we really don't know what they were up to before we see them. But there's also the fact that even though Megatron was dead, the Allspark was also gone, so they wouldn't come to Earth unless it was just to cause trouble for the Autobots. They obviously knew Autobots were there, if they wanted peace they would have stayed away, or sent a message to Prime saying "Look, we're coming to Earth, we don't want any trouble. We just want a new home."

5. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I was thinking about this, and you have to wonder if Demolishor caused as much death and destruction as he did because the humans and Autobots where hunting him down. Maybe he was just trying to hide and being attacked sent him into a rage.

I guess we'll never know.

6. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    They would, because uh.....er......

AMERICA! F#CK YEAH!!! HERE TO SAVE....THE MOTHERF#CKIN' DAY YEAH!

7. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    they were searching for something...

also rember Starscream is alive and I assume he follow the Fallens order, to technicly all Decepticons out in the world are looking fro something.

8. Johnator

:lol 

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

This.

10. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

Hunting down the Decepticons is reasonable. They are international criminals / terrorists that need to be put to justice.

Killing them off one by one without the chance of a surrender however, is neither noble nor good. Especially since it's not done in self defence.

Of course, since the Decepticons are not human citizens, human laws do not apply to them, but that should also concern the Autobots to the chance of similar reprisals. Once the Decepticons are gone, why shouldn't the humans kill off the Autobots to make sure that they won't be bothered again?

Prime is hesitant to give the humans Autobot weaponry, which means he does not trust them with it (with good reason). Ergo, he should be the first to worry about the humans getting greedy and turning on the Autobots in the distant future. Which could lead to an Autobot / Decepticon team-up after the army decides to exterminate all Transformers for the sake of global security (turning us humans, into the real villains of the story), with Starscream selling out Decepticon weaponry to power-hungry generals in order to kill Megatron, rule the Decepticons and then, turn on his (evil) human allies. In the end, humans and Transformers would fight humans and Transformers, with both sides influencing each other (The Autobots adopt the xenophobia of the humans, and the humans the civil war of the Transforemers). Major mental f**k ups.

So many possibilities for good storytelling, wasted.

11. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Don't the Decepticons just want to save their race?
    Besides the whole blowing up the sun thing, Demolisher and Sideways were provoked, causing all that damage, like said above.
    BUT I am a decepticon Supporter, so ..... Think What you want.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Yes, and it's not just the movieverse that has the Autobots hunting down the Decepticons. There's evidence in Universe Sunstreaker's bio that the Autobots will do that kind of thing: 'He'd rather be polishing himself up for (insert whatever the heck it was, I can't get the card out of storage right now, it's burried in my basement) than going out in patrols hunting down Decepticon terrorist cells" or something like that.

13. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    The Decepticons want to save their race so they can conquer it. It's all just a weak excuse to talk the Decepticon cause right, but if they hadn't started this conquest and started killing innocents Prime wouldn't have had to launch the Allspark and doomed their planet.

HAIL THE AUTOBOTS! HAIL THEM!!

14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    this is how i see it , prime would realize as long as there are decepticons on earth there is the risk of them banding together and trying to conquer the planet, so its best to hunt them down before they can cause any major problems and keep the peace

15. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

The ironic thing is, that the movie itself shows that Decepticons are open to defection and become Autobots. All the more reason for the Autobots to be more open-minded ...

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It is kind of screwed up that Autobots claim to be so much more noble and a morally advanced culture, yet human cops don't kill every criminal nor do human soldiers kill every enemy of their nation.

Throw in that Jetfire said it's a choice and the Autobots look even worse for not giving any Decepticon the chance to give up and change their ways. I mean it's kind of bad that the only character who offered the chance to change instead of just kill it because it's a Decepticon was one of the humans.

I guess Cybertron has no justice system since just being on the Decepticon side means an automatic death sentence even when you are damaged, unarmed, and unable to fight back.

17. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I would agree, but you have to consider how psychically destructive movie-verse Transformers are in battle with each other. It seems like because of this, every fight is a fight to the death. So I suppose taking Decepticons prisoner isn't an option, at least not on Earth.

This is also a good point, but Wheelie and Jetfire where hardly typical Decepticons. They may have even switched sides for their own survival, as the Decepticons would see Jetfire as a waste of energon since he's so old and broken down, and they would probably kill Wheelie for messing up such a simple mission. There's a reason you don't see a Decepticon equivalent of the Twins.

No way of knowing, since unfortunately we probably won't get to see Cybertron in the movies, at least not a thriving one.

18. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

Wasn't Demolisher's last words "The Fallen shall rise again" or soething? Meaning he's in league with the decepticons looking for the haveseter and thus as some one said earlier already wreaking havoc. Now rather or not the autobots knew I dont know but Demolisher and possibly Sideways were not innocent.

19. Hooligan

Hooligan Active Member

The Decepticons want to preserve their race, but it is at the expense of the human race, and the Autobots won't let them accomplish that goal. So no matter what, I'd say the Autobots at least have good motives as opposed to the Cons bad ones.

But I think this topic is actually very interesting and could be applied to today's post 9/11 World. After that happened, The War on Terror started, and now we are striking against people who MIGHT pull another 9/11 on us, and there is a huge moral question. Do we hit them before they hit us or do we wait for them to strike? Of course in this movie, they are evil robots, so I guess nobody feels sorry for them.

20. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

To the starter of this thread please go to your LCS & grab the Alliance series. oh & Defiance too.

Problem solved.

Thank you.

Your welcome