Would starting a Paypal dispute make me seem impatient?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Soundblaster1, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    So I won an item on the 21st of November (link) and the seller is yet to send me any kind of email.

Yes, I am aware the total was $3.99, but I still expect to be treated like a valued customer.

I am also aware that any of the seller's items from the 21st that ended for $1 ish plus shipping do not have any feedback left.

Would starting a dispute/claim/whatever make me seem impatient at all? I'm not too fond of the resulting negative FB I might get (although if he leaves me one, I'll leave one for him...) But I do like to be kept in the loop with my purchases, and 3-5 sent emails later... Nothing.

Input, anyone?

2. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Fuck it and file a dispute now. Not only because I think this SS sucks in comparison to the first Cobra version :p  but it seems like the guy is being a douche and not want to honor the winners who got Joes cheap, including yourself. You have every right to file it now when you've gotten zero communication with him.

3. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Aside from the opinionated part about my taste in Storm Shadows, that's pretty much what I was thinking. Consider the dispute filed... I'll let everyone know how this goes.

4. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One thing you could do is if he's currently selling items, ask a question about an item and if he responds with in a day or two then you know he's purposely avoding you and can file a claim with confidence.

5. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    The other way to look at it .. is since others haven't gotten theirs.. then I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.. I'd start the dispute only when you're approaching the dispute deadline...

I'd only worry if everyone else got their items already and you didn't.. at this point, I'd send him an email and see what happens.

Edit: You got a really good deal on the figure.. I'd try to resolve things with him before disputing.. you might luck out and get the figs you wanted... happens all the time.. (to me anyway?)

Also, did you already pay? or were you waiting for him to tell you to pay? I normally just pay right away.. there's no reason to wait for an invoice if you know how much to pay.. it makes things move faster..

You could also check out his other feedback.. see approximately how long it took for the item to end and how long it took for the person to give him feedback.. it gives you an idea of how slow/fast he is

6. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

He has nothing listed currently.

What I do like about the red-dragon-adorned Storm Shadow, at the very least, is that he'd look good with some Red Ninjas as backup. I'm still going to stick with the other, but it's not like he's total crap. What ninja is? :) 

7. ranoobu

News Credits:

:rock 

8. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Alright, I'm sick, my head hurts like hell, so I could only focus on examining his auctions so much. You know how he's still been receiving feedback? They're for auctions that ended sometimes as long as a month ago. Turnaround looks to be in the toilet.

And all sentient beings should be aware of the inherent badassitude of ninjas. It is that some, the haters, are simply untrue to themselves.

9. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    If I recall I paid after staying up to win the auction (oooh... 1 AM... really late...). Right then and there.

His turnaround time (recently) has been too varied to come to a conclusion... I'm just going to assume he's avoiding me because he doesn't want to lose any money until I hear different. (I did hint on that several times in my dispute, but I didn't come out and say it.)

10. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You filed too early. Paypal won't take it serious until after maybe a month.

11. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Eh... Too late now... Either he'll get off his ass and ship it, or refund my $4.

12. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I think, being done so early, it might do a better job of lighting a fire under his ass than PayPal intervening immediately. And as long as it's not immediately escalated by SB1, PayPal isn't going to take it serious or even un-serious, because they don't do anything at that stage.

13. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

I've had times where I've started a Paypal dispute after an item hasn't been received in two weeks. I only did it because of the lack of communication. Usually when I sell something I TELL the person what's going on. They (Paypal) ruled in my favor. Nov 21 is pushing it, unless there was some kind of communication going on.

14. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This one time this guy didn't email me back for about two weeks from ebay. It turns out his wife died and he just didn't check his business email during that time. He was very apologetic once he was on his feet again and I totally understood, I felt really bad for him. Sometimes people have personal problems in their private lives they need to deal with. I know planning a funeral is a lot more important than mailing out a Transformer. Not everyone is trying to run a scam, be firm, but do not be a jerk..

15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    It seems most of my Ebay transactions take forever to get to me regardless of how much I spend. It seems they either haven't shipped until at least a week after I've won the auction, or just use cheaper shipping so they see a little more money from the auction.

16. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Apparently it shipped today, and for some reason mine was one of the ones from that time that was held (but others shipped)

17. ranoobu

News Credits:
    :lol  :) 

18. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Great it turned out well.

I still have $464 out in cyberspace I'm trying to claim. Seller still hasn't replied to the paypal escalated claim... frankly i'd be glad if he don't reply so the claim will fall to my advantage.

19. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Just in case, don't close the claim until you have it, which I'm sure won't be long.

And what did I tell ya? Flame, meet ass. Ass, flame!

20. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Well, I got a tracking number today. It says the item left the seller's location on the 4th. If I'm lucky I'll have it tomorrow.