Would Optimus have died again if G1 continued after the rebirth?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, Dec 18, 2010.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

Hello ,do you think Optimus Prime will died again after the Rebirth in season 4 if the serial not stop at the points ?

Do you Will he dead at the end of season 4 and return in season 5 as powermaster or dead in episode 4 after the Rebirth just like the Japanese Headmaster serial ?
    Will he be killed by Galvatron or Scorponok or Sixshot ?

Will he pass the Matrix to Hot Rod again or pass the Matrix to Fortress Maximus or even pass back to Ultra Magnus ,what do you think?

Thanks.

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I highly doubt he would have. as he had already died once, that idea would have lost its punch and besides the learned killing him off in the movie was a very bad idea. as for the Powermaster they could have handled that with just having him grievously wounded and rebuilt as a Powermaster.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think it's pretty clear that if Optimus Prime dies again in any continuity (at least for a long while) that he won't stay dead.

4. Edgcracker

Edgcracker Well-Known Member

Yes. Dying is what Optimus Prime does best. He died "for real" in the Movie, but he had died and been revived in single episodes before that. Hell, Megatron tore him apart and the Constructicons made an alligator out of his parts in the G1 episode "City of Steel."

5. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Nuggets like the one stated above sort of invalidate the '86 movie. I remember an episode where Starscream pissed Megatron off and Megs pulled a handfull of circuits out of his chest. Yet he didn't "die", and was easily brought back online. In my mind, I treat the '86 movie a bit like the Macross and Fist of the North Star movies where it's a bit of a continuity change for summing a broad spectrum of stuff in a short time.

To answer the OP's question, he DID die again (and permanently) in the Japanese Headmasters series.

6. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Although Headmasters negates Rebirth.

7. Black Swordsman

Black Swordsman Banned

then you have to think he dies in powermasters to I think TF victory I could be mistaken on the name then he dies in the G1 comic countless times hell he even killed himself.

8. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Not sure what you mean but Ginrai isnt Optimus/Convoy.

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    If the G1 cartoon had continued there was no way in hell that they'd risk killing Optimus again. Especially not since the only reason they brought him back in the first place was fan backlash. They'd definitely have upgraded him when the Powermaster toy came out, but there's no way that the cartoon's writers would have killed him off again - at best they might have done a cliffhanger where he was severely injured or something as a build up to the Powermaster upgrade.

10. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

This is a topic I happen to know a something about.

I worked at Marvel durring the 90's and spent loads of time in the file room.While there I found plenty of notes on possible episodes ideas for the US Headmasters series.

Sort of like a "brain stormin" meetings...and yes, "the rebirth" was originally planned as a pilot for a Headmaster series, not a season 4.

And from those notes I found they did plan to have Optimus near death near the end of the first season, so they could bring him back as a Power master in season 2.

True, these were just idea's that were noted down so who knows if any of it would have been done.

And I'm sorry but , No, I have no solid proof of any of this, back then I never conceived that I might be needing it.

I dont recall that ever happening in the G1 toon.

Far to graphic for the time.Maybe in the comics.

The character in Master Force and Victory was not Optimus Prime, he just looked like him.

11. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I would have done it the same way. I was a bit sad that Optimus Prime never was a Powermaster in the series, as this was the only toy of Optimus Prime I have ever seen on the shelves and that I had at the time of the series run.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yes but only to become Powermaster Prime!!!!!!!!

13. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I accept Headmasters and the following series and completely ignore Rebirth.

So yes. He dies, Rodimus Prime carries on until he leaves and Fortress Maximus takes over.

14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    The big divider here is US vs Japan series. In Japan yes they did Kill him OP off for good. In the Us if Headmaster had continued from Rebirth no way they would have killed him off again.

Thats something Even Bay did not go the whole hog on, he had Sam revive OP by movie's end.

Edgcracker in none of those cases was Prime's spark extinguished as it was in the 1986 movie, so he never died prior to the movies in the cartoon, came damn close yes, but never died.

15. Edgcracker

Edgcracker Well-Known Member

HE WAS RIPPED APART AND OFFLINE! The idea of the "spark" was not introduced into the cartoon series at that time. In fact, I do not remember it before the Movie.

16. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Don't feel bad, once some idea has been retconned most of the fandom forgets that that didn't exist previously.

17. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt they would have flat-out killed Prime again, but I could definitely see him being grievously wounded or near death for awhile, to explain the Powermaster upgrade.

I remember that too. It was in Hoist Goes Hollywood...

18. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Not quite for good. He came back as Star Convoy but that was only a magazine story and manga.

19. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Just watched it and you guys are right.

20. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    There are a few possibles if he dies:

1. The designers got a new toy that is not OP that wants it shown off.
    2. The designers want to bring him back in a "more awesome body" aka, new toy
    3. New toy
    4. New toy
    5. New toy

aka, he will die if its purpose is to introduce a new product.