Would Megatron be a "Phase Sixer"?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by icanfly, Dec 1, 2010.

?

Would Megatron be a "Phase Sixer"?

1. Yes

63.2%
  2. No

36.8%
  1. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi

Just seen another topic relating to if Megatron would beat Overlord in the fight Overlord intended to happen in IDW's Wreckers series. Now I think he would, but it made me wonder, does that make Megatron himself "Phase 6" material? I think it does, and would anyone else qualify?

JL

2. Slain

Slain Decepticon

Could be. Although I think he's more of a Phase 5. Assuming that Phase 5 is more or less total, open warfare. Sixshot, Overlord and Black Shadow would be there to totally annihilate anything left. Megatron probably wouldn't be bothered with that...

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Infiltration_protocol -> Phase 3, 4 and 5 were never described by IDW, so it's all a lot of assumption.

3. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    What would Scorponok and Trypticon be?

4. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

phase 6 for sure scorponok would be in idw anyways if he powered up into devil z scorponok from masterforce

5. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Skorps was alot smaller in IDW than his G1 incarnation, but still pretty powerful. Don't recall seeing Trypticon mentioned at all so far in IDW

6. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    IDW Scorponok wouldn't make the cut. He was reduced to slagged head after one good shot by UM, couldn't beat Grimlock one on one, and faired poorly against Shockwave.

Trypticon probably would, but he's only pretty much had name service in IDW as he survived fighting with Thunderwing.

As for Megatron, yes. The way IDW have been showing him make him phase six material.

7. Slain

Slain Decepticon

There's three mentions of Trypticon. He's in Stormbringer in Prime's flashback when they're all attacking Thunderwing. He's also in a flashback in Spotlight: Blaster, and he's seen at a distance in an issue wher Prime and Ironhide do that pacifist energon stopping thing (dunno, my comics are packed at the moment).

Trypticon would be a Phase X all on his own, but with the energon shortage in the IDWverse, I figure he's mostly sleeping it off... or they're holding him back to be thrown into a random ocean by Metroplex.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Megatron is almost certain a Phase Six or beyond kind of character. Do you really think he'd nominate these planet-razing characters, without himself having a way to take them down? Certainly his new form is up to that power level, given what little we've seen of him.

9. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Not sure if megatron would be a phase 6, Starscream seemed pretty worried when megatron made sixshot that he'd made a TF he couldn't stop if he went rouge hence why he had that shut down code put in him.

10. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Megatron, easily. I don't think he would allow Scorponok to become a 'Phase 6' though - Scorpy had too many ambitions of his own, and the resources at his disposal to become a serious nuisance if he thought he was that important.

11. Thyme

Thyme Disciple of Yun-Harla

sure ... why not.