Customs: would like to commision a Devastator?

Discussion in 'Requests' started by skeith09, Oct 26, 2010.

1. skeith09

skeith09 Well-Known Member

Hello all
    I am a Fellow Transformer lover ever since I was born.
    (the same year the ark crashed on earth in 1984 lol)
    anyway I have been doin some very small repaints and attemps at customs myself.

but do not have the proper toys,parts or skill! lol to do a Transformable Devastator so I have come here to see what and who would be interested and what there service would intell and prices

and hopefully with so many Custom devez floating among the radicons surly I could find someone who would like to offer ^^

as for paint job wise im not that picky doesnt have to b super detailed
    long as it has a nice color scheme/outline of the said characters itll be fine

so it doesnt have to be super like some of the really big and well known customizers such as frenzyrumble or encline lol
    but yea something like whats been seen and floating around like them
    ^_^

id also like a Meanasor so if anyone has photos/vids of such work and details/info theyd like to share please do

you can email me:
    skeith09@comcast.net

Till all are One! im out! lol

2. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What you looking to spend homey?

3. CooljazCustoms

CooljazCustoms Autocon/Deceptibot

Ebay:
    $ is prob the first thing most people are going to need to know. id say a figure of that size, even just as a simple repaint of each 6 pieces with detailing is prob gonna be at least $400-450 if not more just to cover costs of the figure(still expensive even on ebay, see them for $200+ now), paints and materials, and then some profit for the customizer. i just recently saw one on ebay go for $900, it was an excellent repaint with losts of details and a few LEDs tho.

we are talking bout ROTF figure right? that also will make a difference as to what mold you are referring to

4. skeith09

oh sorry ^^'
    well id like to do something probly along the lines of well lol I guess like what iv been seeing others do on the radicons

such as
    Grimlock
    Hightower
    and Wedge from RID

Landmine from Cybertron/Galaxy force

Demolisher from Energon/superlink

and Im guessin its um the name escapse me at the moment but iv been seein a modded
    leader/body unit of Bruticus maximus from energon/superlink to make mixmaster

other wise some method of them combinin to make dev using Unicron/primus limbs

again im new to customs and I actually have half of the ones listed but just not the other 3 and some spare primus/unicron limbs I can scrap for parts lol

well as for money my budget is not much at all ^^''

so id have to save to do it

I suppose if the customizer was ok with it id b happy just to get the figures made and able to combine with some sort of devy head ofcourse but I could make do with it not being painted per say but I wouldnt want the customizer to thinks its an insult to his craft not too lol

but yea a sort of classics re do of the orig. lean mean and green constructicons/devy is what id like ^^

leds would be nice and all but not needed

5. skeith09

as for the money part again id have to see what the customizer would want to do or would feel is fair
    ^_^

or others might call it haggle over price lol XP

6. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    I had this made by a friend of mine who goes by Sioce on the forum...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I told him what I wanted, he listened, kept in communication the whole time and did an excellent job on it.

I highly recommend that you contact Sioce if you want to get a custom Devastator. :thumb 

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  7. skeith09

thank you ^_^
    yea thats basicly what I have been seein
    ill look em up and see what he says

but before I do make any finale picks id like more info if anyone wants to share or show

is your like fully transformable?
    like good for articulations and movment and such as devy?

8. CURAMEN

News Credits:
    Yes, all 6 Constructicons are present and each transform to their respected alternate modes. It is well made and holds up very well. A lot of detail was put into each piece and pictures don't really do it justice. It is articulated and very poseable, but I prefer not to handle it much and just use it as a display piece in my collection.

Overall, I am very pleased with it and consider it THE BEST representation of Devastator that I own.

Once again, I highly recommend getting a Custom Devastator from Sioce and suggest you contact him ASAP and have one commissioned.

His customer service is top-notch, communication is consistent, turnaround time is excellent and his prices are very affordable.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  9. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I'd be surprised if you found someone willing to do it for less than $1000. There's a ton of work that goes into something that big and intricate. If money is a problem, custom figs aren't for you.

However, you can probably lessen the cost a lot by providing the figures.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  10. skeith09

P.S.

I already have some of the parts and I can get the rest or as much of it as I could

and im mainly really in need of just the body work per say
    like the moddin of the parts so that it can transform/combin to devy so I could live without it bein painted by the one who does the work unless they insist on doin it
    since I know alot of Radicons are like Artist and want to fully do any work they do

11. CURAMEN

News Credits:
    I can validate this statement.

I shopped around for a Custom Devastator and they vary in cost from $1000 to $3000 depending on the customizer.

Customs cost bucks for sure!

12. megatronatlas

megatronatlas Well-Known Member

did you find someone to do your dev yet, if not i know someone that can do it for a good price

13. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hell for 1000 dollars I'd sell you mine lol

14. skeith09

yep Iv contacted Sioce and worked out something ill provide all but one parts/molds and he will do the custom but not the paint (lol yea im a huge lover of Transformers but im a poor mini con XP )

and I can honestly say thisll be my first big big buy in one TF toy or Product in a long time
    (the first big one iv ever done was the Chinese version of Fort-Maximus from RID that was missin its headmaster part and maybe more but the main body and head was all there at a Expo yrs and yrs back for $150)

but still considering what iv heard it may be alot for me anyway but still I can try and affored it and its still a Good Deal on what we've agreed on in price for the work

so as of now im gatherin up the last of the parts and gonna save for his service
    and with any luck by the end of Jan 2011 Ill have it (unpainted) but have it and will show pics of his good work on this same page

I thank all for givin me there input and advice
    id still like to get more combiners someday
    like Meanasor
    not sure bout Defensor
    Computron and Abomanus (if thats how you spell it lol)
    and hell the great Predaking somehow and any others that Idk lol
    so if anyone cares to share there knowlede of any of those or better yet pics of them id Love to see ^_^

Thanks all

15. skeith09

ok just a quick update
    for all those who may be interested

I have gotten all the parts as shown
    and soon as I can get least half the payment together
    the following will be sent off ^_^

pardon me for sharin if its not needed but seein as how this is my First commision im req of someone Id like to keep a detail record lol ^^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. Dawgstar

Dawgstar Retired Scratch Builder.

Ebay:
  17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Sending out a TFCC figure for a custom like this? WHY? its cheaper to just grab energon barricade, and it's not sacrificing something "special" like that.

18. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Guys, remember this is a discussion thread regarding about helping the poster fulfill his request. This isn't the time to chime in on what artist or custom you think is better or worse.

19. skeith09

@ Valkysas:
    well when I was trying to get parts the cheapest I could get a Barricade was $30-$40+ not including shipping,
    and luckly I remembered they made a tfcc version so looked it up online and found it on ebay and got it for less than $20 INCLUDING shipping...so yea I understand where your coming from but when your short for the $ and the Mold is what your looking for to make it work,thats what I went with
    and I havnt looked latly but I bet most of whats left of the same mold is more (bruticus maximus + fansproject kits and all)

@ Superquad7:
    thank you for helping with that ^^ I love all the work I see on here its very amazin
    I just wish I too could make a desent custom of my own that someone would see and like to have me make a commision of lol but I still suck im afraid so as much as id like to have the big name artists and customizers do stuff for me everyone (cept me) has talent and wonderful ways of doing the same kind of project its never truly the same as another
    wether it be from Encline or Frenzyrumble or who ever next reads this post ^^

but thats all I can say bout that subject

I currently do have someone commsioned to do the work using the parts iv already sent
    and wont be paiting them (as much as id like to cause I sure as heck suck at it lol )
    for a set amount but will gladly and if its ok,Superquad7 post images of the devy once it arrives and to sort of review his work both before I try to paint it myself and after ^^

anyway TILL ALL ARE ONE!

20. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    You're very welcome! It's always appreciated when someone comes here and genuinely tries to contribute.

I find that sometimes people get too focused on what they see and who does what versus simply enjoying a hobby. If you're able to create artwork and commissions are your thing, great. If not, it certainly doesn't mean someone has no talent or any of the sort. Some of my absolute favorite artists don't take commissions.

Hopefully you can get your request filled soon :)