Would it not have been easier for Sentinel and Megatron to just..

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by KnightHawkke, Jul 24, 2011.

1. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

"Hire" all the humans they needed? They wanted resources and a workforce to help rebuild Cybertron. There are plenty of workers here on Earth, granted resources are becoming questionable. There was an alternative to the whole go crazy and kill everyone scheme.

If you look at the world today there are hoards of people unemployed or living in underdeveloped areas that would kill to have an opportunity as awesome as going into space, living on an alien planet with what amounts to a totally secure construction job for the rest of their working days, and probably their next few generations of offspring.

You simply take the Space Bridge set it up in the same orbit as the asteroid belt, use all the Cybertronians that are left to mine the asteroids for whatever resources they need. Bridge it to Cybertron, the Humans then do the building and away they go. I would wager it would be far easier for the Cybertronians to do the mining than the humans.

Think about it, the best mutually beneficial solution one could come up with! Humans get jobs and for some probably better living conditions, A chance at new lives basically, the Cybertronians get their planet back, heck while they are at it, they could work on "augmenting" Earth a touch with some Cybertronian tech, new space station, moon base so on. I realize it would have taken longer than their scheme, but that was basically doomed to failure anyway.

There would of course be some details that would need to be worked out, like I doubt Cybertron ever had an atmosphere so you would have to have short term habitation modules with a livable ecosystem for humans on Cybertron, but that would just be a part of the preliminary phases of the plan. eventually leading to a domed city with massive hydroponics and such, hell we can do that now anyway.

Would seem to have been a scheme Far less likely to fail due to the whole pissing off Optimus hence forth getting spines and heads forcibly removed component of their original plan. :lol 

2. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    Well considering that they are in a war, I doubt they would be economically stable enough to pay us.

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

You don't pay bugs when you want them out of your garden, you simply kill the shit out of them of they cross the line.

4. KnightHawkke

Yes, ask Sentinel and Megatron how well that worked out for them.

That's the thing, they wouldn't have to, they were already worked into various human companies and governments anyway, make them pay the Earth based workers.

You wouldn't exactly have to pay the people working on Cybertron with "cash" you pay them with food, living space and entertainment.

I didn't necessarily mean to make things like a big profit spree or anything, it would end up being a far more colonial society, far more reliant on bartering (trade for essentials) than a cash system.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  5. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    It's just way too much paperwork!

6. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Nah, eventually they would have had to deal with unions and strikes and people demanding extravagant benefits, etc, etc. Best to just intimidate the humans through force and avoid all of that unpleasantness.

7. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Your version has far less explosions than Bay's film. This is a problem for me.

8. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Well maybe now that the war is over we'll see more integration in the fourth with transtech on earth since Cybertron is,just a dust belt now

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still don't understand how human workforce would've been better than the actual robots working, unless they just wanted to be dicks and laughed at a bunch of humans struggling to lift a single tiny cybertronian wall it makes no sense.

10. KnightHawkke

This is true, one of those things that would have to be worked out

It was more of a theory than a film idea per-say but don't think that scenario would go down without explosions and combat :lol  You know there would still be trouble makers and folks wanting to fight on both sides.

you know that leads me to wonder about something. Did it actually say that Cybertron was deestroyed in the novel or comics somewhere? form what I saw in the film it sure looked like that was the spacebridge lattice that was destroyed, not a planet, there was still empty space behind it.:confused: 

11. Optimum1996

Optimum1996 Insert something here

Well they kinda hate (actually scratch that-DESPISE) humans, plus a peaceful solution would never work with friggin Decepticons..

12. KnightHawkke

Yeah, that part has kinda made me scratch my head, but remember not all of construction is based around lifting and making structers, there is a gooood deal of internal work that goes into any living structure, laying wiring and whatever other internal parts that need laid the humans could handle with relative ease while the Cybertronians would build the more massive parts of the structures

not according to the novel anyway. Like I said, it's more of a theory :) 

13. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:

In the book its fine and someone doesnt die,goes home to rebuild and tells Optimus, when its time he'll call them home. In the movie...it looked destroyed that honey comb was part of the planet (just watch the chase scene again at the beginning of the movie). In the movies...or the fourth im sure they'll find some kind of maguffin. Maybe Alpha Trion is there and brings Megatron back to life as Galvatron to rebuild Cybertron, like he did with Ironhide and the insecticon plague

14. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Sure ask the humans who the Decepticons threatened with terror attacks and tried to wipe them out a couple of years earlier...

15. KnightHawkke

Aww gimme a break, if Sentinel "convinced" Meagtron to stand down and cease hostilities, Optimus was convinced and used as the mouthpiece to calm and persuade the humans then dangle the carrot in front the greedy ass corrupt govts' of the world promising new technologies and mineral resources from the asteroid belt they would be all too happy to jump right in head first. Greed is the automatic backdoor to getting anything you want to out of humans, A u t o m a t i c.

Eeeeven if they just acted peaceful until the plan was in motion and the reconstruction began and when the humans inexorably start getting greedy and want more Sentinel, Megatron, Shockwave and the rest of the Con' crew then put the fist down on the humans and execute the Autobots on the sly. It still would have went smoother than just trying to ram headfirst though the military, Nest, and Wild Bill Optimus Prime the way they did.

16. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Even better: Have humans create factories to build drones to do the work. Look at us, we need food, water, sleep, we need help if we get very sick or injured, we cannot survive in areas with low oxygen, poisonous gases, radiation the vacumm of space.

A robot drone? It can survive all of that plus more, needs only an energy source to power it's spark, and it can repair itself.
    Thats what bugged me about the 3rd movie. Why use humans when the transformers themselves are superior in every aspect?

True, but then again there are smaller bots like Frenzy, Scorponok, Ravage, Reedman and Laserbeak. Other than that I see the idea you have and I understand the point you're trying to make :) 

17. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Because Transformers are around 200, Humans are billions.

18. KnightHawkke

Truth is, even though things do look grim for the Cybertronians as whole even at the end of DOTM all is not lost. If whatever Con's really are left do stop fighting and join with the Autobots, Even if Cybertron is destroyed they could sill.. cyberform.. >.> (I guess you could call it) one of many of the planetoids in our solar system, even if it is just a small one. There is such a diverse array of minerals and resources contained in the asteroid belt and various moons and planets there just waiting to harvested..

It would be a long hard road for them, but I am sure given time, the help of the humans and perhaps a gift of a mcguffin to help them along they need not go extinct and need not just be stuck on earth forever.

Even as things sit now.

19. Mysticsilk

Mysticsilk Decepticon minion

Well considering that the decepticons were evil and crazy, I doubt this came to mind :crazy:  also, how would the decepticons pay them for it, they'd probably illegally steal the money and I was wondering how humans would breathe in space anyway unless cybertron has an earth like atmosphere building the dome would take a lot of work and I don't think it would be easy. Even if all their needs were provided for them, I still can't see humans doing much to repair cybertron anyway, the enslavement thing was probably just out of spite to Optimus.

20. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    This was a very level headed and far too civilized approach to solving a war that has been going on for centuries between highly advanced mechanical beings and just recently a few humans. I can see it now, everyone sitting across the table signing paperwork ... explosions in the background when someone clicks the ball point pen ... yes, this is indeed a winning film.