Would it not be awesome...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Grand_Maximus, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Grand_Maximus

Grand_Maximus Banned

...if FansProject released an animated armor set for Motormaster that transformed to combined the Botcon set into Menasor? Regardless if you like animated or not, would that not be just too cool!?

(...if this has already been discussed then my apologies and a mod please delete...)

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    There have already been rumors of a trailer for Motormaster that'd hold the pieces to combine them into Menasor, but nothing has been confirmed. The only thing we know is that some people are already speculating/planning on the possibility.

Like here.

3. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This would be unnecessary and dumb.

There aren't many combiners in the Animated Universe. Heck I don't think there are other combiners besides the Jet Twins becoming Safeguard.

The Stunicons in Animated aren't even combiners in the first place. There is no fiction to support it. All this would do is needlessly jack up the price of the sets.

4. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    I purchased an extra set of Stunticons for this exact possibility.

5. marvoflg

marvoflg Super Powered Warrior

News Credits:
    I doubt it will happen. The run on this set is so limited and I doubt they would sell more then 300 at the most. Now saying that, I really want this set. :) 

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I don't want this to happen, if only because it'll tempt me to go procure the Botcon set. I'm skint enough as it is.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I don't think it would look very good at all. The whole point of Animated is the simple, clean design, and that's impossible with combiners that weren't meant to be combiners

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

It would not be awesome.

Really though, they didn't show up in the cartoon, they (apparently) didn't combine in the comic. There's no reason for the toys to combine other than it happening in G1. And even with as many fan-wanks as Animated gave, combiners weren't one of them.

9. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  10. Star Saber

Star Saber Primus Hates You!

News Credits:
    The thing is, FP has made its business on add-ons with mostly G1 nostalgia/fan demand factor - Hasbro never showed Classics add-on for Magnus in any of their Classics fiction, yet FP made one because fan demand wanted a Magnus with his suit, same with Protector, Shadow Commander, the G2 Prime Trailer, etc so saying it never showed up in continuity is kind of the reason that FP is making it.

11. Nemisispath

Nemisispath My username sucks

funny you should ask, cuz i got a similar idea. I'm gonna make a new thread for it so i wont be redundant and state it here too.

12. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Right. Because most of their work deals with the Classics lines. Which is entirely sold on it's G1 nostalgic factor.
    What "Classics fiction"?
    Umm. No. There was almost no fan demand for the figure, period. People only bought the two-pack for Skywarp then sold the white Prime.
    That's only because they had already released the City Commander set and the fandom had come to expect these types of products now. Go see all the want for a Thunderwing upgrade set.
    I don't see how that makes any sense. "This" never happened. So we'll make a product that shows "This" and people will love it despite having never been exposed to the idea of "This".

And Protector is based entirely on continuity, being Rodimus Prime's trailer and turning Hot Rod into Rodimus Prime. The G2 Prime trailer is based on the original toy.

The Shadow Commander I would give you, but it's a redeco of an add-on to fit a redeco of the Prime mold. Easy sell. Hell, they went and did it twice more.

13. Star Saber

Star Saber Primus Hates You!

News Credits:
    Animated has also shown a lot of G1 homages, which is why I think a lot of people love the series. The Classics comics and related material.

Ok I think I might have used the wrong term here, what I mean to say was people have come to expect that Magnus (especially if he's an Op repaint) to come with an upgrade trailer, otherwise it feels lacking.