Would it have been better if megatron was resurrected at the end of ROTF?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megatron6661, Apr 18, 2012.

1. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

We look through the history of transformers, from the time when shockwave overthrows megatron has leader of the decepticons at one point, starscream was in-charge of the decepticons is well. Now many fans were not impressed with the direction they took megatron in ROTF and DOTM. We now hear there could be a transformers 4.

How about this in ROTF
    After megatron was killed in TF1, we do not get megatron in ROTF. But instead, we are introduced to shockwave, as the new leader of the decepticons. shockwave along with the fallen and starscream are the main villains, with the same basic plot. And it is shockwave who kills optimus, or instead they do not kill optimus. Say in the final battle, optimus kills shockwave and then he goes after the fallen, or battle damages shockwave. And the decepticons scamper and resurrect megatron, and he is at full strength giving the film a cool cliffhanger

In DOTM
    Instead of shockwave in the film because he was killed in ROTF, it is megatron doing the damage. Say a couple of times megatron and optimus cross paths, from the beginning scene, to when megatron shoots optimus, and that getting optimus tangled. But sentinel is still in the film, megatron is the one ordering his army's while sentinel starts the pillars. Megatron and optimus have one epic battle, keeping optimus from getting to sentinel, optimus manages to knock megatron out by shooting megatron. And optimus fights sentinel, when the plan fails, megatron fly's away. And it sets up transformers 4

2. bumblebee22

bumblebee22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

I was sort of thinking that the Fallen would order the shard stolen from NEST as a back-up plan for if he fell during the battle for the Solar Harvester, entrusting the shard to Soundwave to facilitate the Fallen's resurrection. Instead, Soundwave skips out and goes to revive Megatron, setting up DotM.

In DotM, Megatron would be recovering from his injuries and decay, and would manipulate Sentinel like a puppet, only to skip out when the DotM plan goes awry.

4. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

I would have personally loved to see ROTF end with Optimus Prime's death at the hands of Starscream and the revival of Megatron. The ending could be the Autobots wondering what they can do with their leader gone, then cut to a scene with Soundwave reviving Megatron.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    What would be the point in resurrecting Megatron in the first place if you've introduced Shockwave to fill his role?

6. megatron6661

I said 2 scenarios, either shockwave gets killed by optimus in ROTF, or battle damages shockwave. I said most likely shockwave is killed by optimus in ROTF, and once again in DOTM megatron is back incharge, but is in cahoots with sentinel

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Again, if you replace Megatron with Shockwave, why bring back Megatron at all, even if Shockwave gets damaged instead at the end of ROTF?

8. megatron6661

Because it would be the decepticons back up plan, and megatron is more of the onscreen villain, and he would have had more screen time than he actually did in DOTM, like fight optimus, do the things shockwave would have done. Megatron's plan comes full circle, but he is at full strength and it is a better solution how to keep him in it in the 4th film. Adding the fact, sentinel would not push megatron around, and megatron is using sentinel like a puppet. And we get to see how good both megatron and shockwave were in films 2 and 3. And we get a different leader like we have seen during the history of transformers, when shockwave was once a decepticon leader. And it beats this than having a weakened decepticon leader like we had in DOTM

9. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    You know, that never really occurred to me, but yes. That would have much better to have at the ending.

It certainly would have been a better cliff hangar than Megatron's final line "This isn't over..."

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    In my opinion Megatron was just way better off chilling has a corpse in the bottom of the abyss than becoming the hobo with a sliced off face.

11. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 Filipinooooooooooooo

News Credits:
    It would've been better if Megatron did not die in the film and lived throughtout all three films.

12. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I say no, only bc Megatron shouldn't have been killed in the first movie. It was ridiculous. Megatron was barely in the first movie, and when he did show up; all he did was rampage like a mindless barbarian, and then die.
    If Megatron were absent for most of ROTF as well, it wold have been the final nail in his coffin of being a character.
    Sadly Megatron is not well represented in any of the movies. He is supposed to be the lord and Master of the Decepticons, and in the first movie, Megatron's is just a berserker, in ROTF Megatron is groveling slave, and in DOTM he's a dying old man.
    And in noe of those movies is he truly the main villain, usually just a side kick.

13. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Yes. That way, Starscream and The Fallen would get all the spotlight they deserved.

14. megatron6661

what I find strange is? megatron could fly, so twice in TF1 and ROTF, he could have fled the scene and regrouped

15. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Just an FYI, bumping old threads like this over-and-over again is frowned upon. :) 

(Not that my response is helping matters...)

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Keep Megatron dead in Revenge of the Fallen because it just doesn't feel like Megatron to have him bow down to anyone else. Starscream works far better as the boot licker who runs away when his master is in trouble.

Then for Dark of the Moon have part of what Shockwave is doing connected to reviving Megatron.