Would it be acceptable for G1 Silverbolt to have a car as an alternate mode?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bass X0, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    I first thought of this possibility a few years ago and wanted Silverbolt to be a silver repaint of Alternators Mirage. And now I think it would be kinda cool if Silverbolt was a silver repaint of Generations Blurr.

Although its not common, some characters have drastically changed their alternate mode in the past, in particularly Alternators and Alternity.

2. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Hey Bass,actually I have seen weirder ideas than that,altho technically it would be odd to say the least since 1.he would almost have the same name as silver streak since thats blue streaks new name since they lost the rights to it and 2.they would almost be identical in color since silver streak is that color.So you would have 2 cars with the same look and almost same names.I would change the name atleast.Hope that helps.

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

well probably it would be; he is not as memorable of a character as; let's say, optimus prime.

i mean if optimus prime was remade into a jet, or something, it'd be a little odd, and weird, but, and most of us would be put off by it.

because we expect prime to be a truck. whether a fire truck, pick up, or a cab-trailer, it's still a truck to us. and sometimes a monkey, bat or lion, :lol  *and what ever the hell optimal was* lol

how ever, megatron's been a gun, tank, jet, helicopter, alien space jet, trex, dragon, gator, and now he is apparently a truck again *tf3*

so megatron has been very diversable, able to be a good toy in almost any of it's forms. hell, i even liked the one that most people did not, tfm1 megatron.

though at first many did not like the seekers as cars, but the molds turned out pretty well, and they still look like the characters that they are supposed to be.

i suppose so that is all that matters, is if it still looks like the character it is supposed to be.

and the altmode should reflect that.

silverbolt has been a jet, and a dog-bird thing, along with other various different names for that guy.

so he's already been a dog with wings, why not a car? it's not that big of a stretch. just make him silver, and afraid of heights! :lol 

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't think it'd work as a repaint of Generations Blurr, mostly because it'd be nearly identical to Drift. Just the concept of him as a car though... not so much. I think most characters have retained a generally similar alt mode throughout non-beast franchises except for those that had strange modes in G1 (Megatron, Soundwave, etc).

5. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Maybe turn him into one of those super fast bullet train. That would fit the name and the size better.

6. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alternity has set a precedent of characters with established aircraft alt modes appearing as cars, so I'd say it's very acceptable.

7. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i wouldn't buy it, didn't by the alternity seekers either

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    alternity did just that- and with the choice of alt mode specifically being something that anybody would instantly thinking, "that thing goes fast enough, it'll fly."

so it is the aesthetic or a motif of the figure that has to be carried by the alt mode. Like i could see Ironhide as an airplane- the AC-130 gunship seen in the 07 movie- it fits his rugged, armed personality. but Starscream as a Prius? no. no. no. lol.

so i agree it isn't a crazy notion for silverbolt to be redone as a car.

9. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I think it would diminish the character. The only memorable qualities about him are that he's a flier who is afraid of heights and he is the least stupid Aerialbot.

10. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

agree. especially since the title says G1 Silverbolt

11. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Same as Prowl and Silverstreak then.

12. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Sure, why not? But it would have to be some sort of sports car to go with the name.

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hello Micron Legend Silverbolt (Blurr in Armada).