Would have optimus have died if Hot Rod not interfered

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by G1-LORD GANGSTA, Dec 7, 2010.

1. G1-LORD GANGSTA

G1-LORD GANGSTA Banned

I wanted to see what you guys think on this. I have defended Hot Rod on this cause for one i think all of us would have done the same i think hot rod was the only one who understood the magnitude of fighting megatron, i mean if that were my dad i would have done the same thing. So i say and think that prime didnt know that megatron was going for a blaster so megatron had the element of surprise so i think what happen to prime would have occured anyways with out hot rod.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    He might have. Who knows.

3. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

The Shadow knows...

4. G1-LORD GANGSTA

G1-LORD GANGSTA Banned

Yea i agree, i just don't like when people blame hot rod for prime's death and talk crap about hot rod. I mean the whole idea was to kill him off anyway and hot rod was just tryin to help.

5. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Well if he didn't take to long and quit talking he might have killed megs...

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Megatron would probably have grabbed the blaster and managed to get a shot off, the difference would have been that Prime could have returned fire depriving us of the awesome final "NEVER!" moment. Or maybe not. I don't think Hot Rod really changed the course of the battle. Optimus had plenty of chance to get out of the way of Megatron's shot when he had Hot Rod, but he didn't.

The only way it could have been Hot Rod's fault would have been if instead of using the pistol on the ground to shoot Hot Rod, Megatron had snatched Hot Rod's gun and used that to finish off Optimus.

7. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

Megatron was reaching for a gun that was a foot away. Optimus has had excellent training and has been fighting for longer than humanity's existence. Optimus also had his gun already pointed at Megatron. Finally, Optimus was all out of mercy for Megatron. If Megatron had gotten to the gun, Optimus would have blown his head off before Megatron could bring it to bear, and Unicron would have used a different Transformer as raw material for Galvatron.

8. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Optimus Prime didn't die because Megatron shot him. He lost the will to live after realizing he had to command idiots like Hot Rod.

9. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

Or if Hot Rod had looked around, saw no one watching, and shot Prime and then blamed Megatron.

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Megatron was in a pretty tight spot before Hot Rod ran in, but more importantly, the laser blasts that shot Prime were yellow, not purple, the same color we see Hot Rod firing earlier from his arm cannons. Makes you think...

11. Tyrant

Tyrant Zombie

In a real life scenerio, you probably don't want to jump on someone reaching for a hidden weapon if that someone is already being held at gunpoint. You turn a standoff into a potential massacre that way. Instead, you verbally warn your armed friend that the unarmed enemy is reaching for a hidden weapon and you keep your distance so you don't become a hostage. If anything, Hot Rod was lucky that Prime didn't startle and held his fire and that Megatron was too single minded in destroying Prime to bother with him.

Hot Rod meant well, but he panicked and screwed up. It happens.

However in Hot Rod's defense, if it hadn't been him, it would have been someone else. Hasbro wanted to sell Rodimus Prime toys.

12. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

Megatron could probably fake Optimus out one way and then go for the gun the other to take Prime off his guard; they end up both shooting each other at the same time and both sustain fatal damage. Megatron dies aboard Astrotrain and Starscream still chucks him out with the rest of the shattered 'Cons, Unicron still happens to be drifting by...

...in other words, nothing changes, really. Heck, by inadvertently giving Megatron a shield, Hot Rod may very well have ensured that Megatron would be reborn only to disintegrate into a raving lunatic...doing more damage to Megatron in the long run than Optimus (or Starscream, if you're in that "camp") ever could. :tongue: 

In the end, though, Optimus didn't die because Hot Rod interfered; Optimus died because Hasbro said so.

13. G1-LORD GANGSTA

G1-LORD GANGSTA Banned

No not really, it shows meg holding the gun saying fall and the blast coming out of the gun while meg is holding it, and it turns to prime getting it in the face.

14. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Hot Rod should have just blasted Megatron as soon as he saw what was happening.

15. G1-LORD GANGSTA

G1-LORD GANGSTA Banned

Yea that's that what thought at one time.

16. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

I think even if they didn't do it that way, Optimus Prime was still fated to die. Hasbro had to sell new toys. Megatron was reaching for the gun and the fight MIGHT have lasted longer had Hot Rod not stepped in, but ultimately Prime was willing to die to save the rest of the Autobots. Hot Rod did apologize so yeah he's partly responisble, but Optimus Prime being the HERO that he is forgave him and was the one to announce RODIMUS PRIME.

17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Well, since my opportunity to make a "The Shadow knows" joke has been taken from me:

Megatron would've just transformed into his gun mode and shot Optimus Prime dead instead of reaching for a gun to shoot him dead with.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    He still woulda died. It's not that Hot Rod got him killed, it's that he failed to prevent his death, which was inevitable, and Hot rod shouldn't have felt guilty for it. The fans, however, don't understand this or refuse to understand the full implications, and just "WWAAA HOT ROD KILLED PRIME BOO!"

That would've been the clearest path, but he didn't think, which is his character. He's headstrong and reckless, and Prime's death was to shake him out of that and make him a better leader.

If only season 3 had explored these ideas instead of simply bringing Prime back because why not.

19. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I was Prime I would have just shot them both. Hot Rod wasn't hurt so he probably would have taken the shot, and they have good medics to patch him up anyway.

20. Gammatron 64

Gammatron 64 Well-Known Member

Depends on if the writers gave him plot armor or not. Given that they wanted a new toy to replace him... probably.