Would Francesco Quinn's death effect Chances of a Mirage toy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Look back, Heath Ledger died 2008 before the movie started. Then I heard that his figure has been recalled because of his death or the figure is just rare because he is gone his merchandise is valuable. Either way, that made his figure rare. Lucky for me I found one.

Also when Micheal Jackson died, future stuff of his might have been canceled.

Now that I heard Francesco Quinn died today, Would this effect them making a Mirage toy? If you think about it, maybe merchandise about him might be an insult. And lets think, Hasbro has finished the toy right now. As soon as they heard Francesco Quinn died they said "Releasing this toy would be an insult to his Death, lets not release it." or If they finished the toy already they heard the bad news, so they release it in his honor and some collectors will be buying tons of them in his honor.

In any case...

Rest in Peace
    Franceso Quinn​

2. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    wow, that's unfortunate. I have no idea how it would affect the toy, but it's sad to lose someone so young!

3. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Oh Lazerwave, you and your Mirage threads.
    I don't think it'd have too much of an effect. The difference between this and the Joker is that one was a villain while one is a hero, not to mention that one was an actual actor, while the other was a CG robot with a voice actor.

4. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    RIP Indeed.
    But I don't think this will do anything to delay a toy.
    There were very few lines spoken by him. He didn't personify the Dino/Mirage character.

He's not the Peter Cullen of Mirage. Plus the other things mentioned above were based Specifically on a Person (Heath Ledger/Michael Jackson) rather than a Character/voice actor.

I'm sure if Heath voiced a small character in a movie, a release of a toy (not based on himself) would still happen.

5. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

No,and for the last time,JUST BE PATIENT!

6. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I'm not worried about when it will be released or if there is a Mirage toy ever, I'm worried about the production being put to a halt.

7. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Umm....where do you live that there were so few Joker toys during The Dark Knight? They were all over the place here.

8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    ...WHAT ?

oh, Lazerwave thread nevermind.

9. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lazerwave can you please stop making Mirage threads like every day? You'll get to see the thing sometime down the line.

Though it's sad to see that the the VA has died.

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Actually, I think there was actually an issue with some aspect of the Joker figure (something to do with something not being able to breathe properly in the package, leading to some really big problem with the paint apps) that led to them being recalled. I didn't really pay attention since I don't collect batman figures.

Also, it may have been hard to find the Joker figure with or without factoring in a possible paint issue because it goes without saying that Heath Ledger's Joker portrayal is one of the best of all time. More popular characters sell faster, which is Hasbro's reason for releasing a new Bumblebee figure every other damn wave since he's supposed to be the most popular movie Transformer.

So...how do you classify "This is it"? He was planning a comeback tour, or so I'd heard before his unfortunate death, but his death caused a brief spike in MJ popularity (so much that MJ's body was moved as to avoid the body getting defiled by super-zealous obsessive fans). If anything, THAT would have been the time to release any MJ stuff that would have been pending release if they were all set to be at retail.

It's sad that Quinn died, but I'm honestly amazed that you think this will in some way affect the chances of getting a Mirage figure or lead to heavy scalping BECAUSE of his death. If Jolt; a character who had even LESS screentime in his related movie, NO lines, and was soley created simply to advertise the Chevy Volt Hybrid, can get multiple toys (Deluxe, Legends, deluxe repaint, etc.), then a character who has some lines, a neat alt. mode, and isn't there to advertise a GM vehicle surely will get a toy.

I can garuntee you that if we are getting a Mirage toy, it will be out before January of next year. All DOTM product was confrimed to be targeted for release by some point before Christmas. And if we don't, it's not going to be the end of the world. And if you do think it will be the end of the world because you don't have a goddamn $10 toy, you seriously need to re-evaluate your priorities.

11. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't know how many times I have to keep telling you this, but this is going to be the last time.

You need to keep this in the same thread. There is no reason to post a new Dino/Mirage toy thread whenever you decide there is a need. Discussion needs to stay in the thread:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...rage-dino-thread-all-threads-merged-here.html

From this point forward, your new threads will be locked without warning.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.