Would DOTM have been a better movie if...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sideswipe91, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Sideswipe91

Sideswipe91 Autobot warrior

Ebay:
    It followed the novel. Seems a LOT of the emotional, deep stuff was cut out. I feel from reading comments and reviews it would have been a better film if itd stayed with whatever version of the script the novel was connected to. All the things that didnt happen:

Skids and Mudflaps saving the other autobots by taking on Sentinel in vein, with the sad dialogue between the two as skids died. Could have hugely redeemed the characters.

Mirages beheading and taunting of bumblebee by soundwave puppeteering his corpse. That would have huge emotional impact and showed more brutality and power of the decepticons.

Wheeljacks Death in the river and wishing he had done more for the team to arm them for the fight. Again, a different death to the film but still emotional.

The truce ending, its seems way more fleshed out and complex then optimus killing everything cold-blooded

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I wish all that happened except for the last one.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    A thousand times yes.

Face it, people. The printed material (comics, novels, etc) that Bay and company love to dismiss as 'non-canonical' is far better written than the actual films.

4. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

if CGI wasn't so expensive. i got the feeling they rushed a lot of stuff or took the shortest route possible due to keeping costs down.