would anyone rather now that ROTF and DOTM a 2 part film

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megatron6661, Apr 21, 2011.

1. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

I was thinking with how DOTM plot has been created, would it have worked better if the second film and the third was part 1 and 2, similar to how LOTR's or star wars was created where it is the same plot. I always thought, it would have been a great way to develop the master plan shockwave and megatron have put together for DOTM. And continue the saga of the battle between prime megs and shockwave, has the fallen seems now a wasted villain.

What about everyone else? would you have rather shockwave has the villain for no2 instead of the fallen, and continue it onto the third film. Maybe the end of ROTF, it would have been very exciting if the decepticons invaded earth, ending it on a cliffhanger note

2. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    Nah. I'm fine the way it is.

3. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    same

4. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    no thanks, im fine with the fallen

5. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

no

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The OP's suggestion is far more preferable to the drivel we got. The Fallen was a total pussy, and I would have loved a cliffhanger that portrayed the Cons as a credible threat.

7. jle1076

jle1076 Well-Known Member

A total pussy? Pretty sure if to similar brothers fought/and one had two energon sowrds in his arms, a Gun, a badass jetpack, a BIGGER gun, another slightly smaller mini-gun, and the power of another being in him, yeah hes not gonna TOTALLY whoop your ass or anything

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    So what? The way the Fallen was hyped up to be the goddamn Master of Disaster, I was expecting him to last far, far longer than just five minutes, Optimus' power-ups be damned.

9. newmanium

newmanium Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This may come off as trolling but the writers of the first two movies were too incompetent to write one complete story at a time. The task of writing two connecting stories would have been impossible for them.

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Trolling? I say it's a pretty fair assessment.

11. newmanium

newmanium Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well, maybe to some. =]

12. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    I wouldn't go that far with the 1st movie. Don't forget there was the whole writer's strike that set ROTF back a bit.

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    People love to throw around the strike as an excuse for the story's shortcomings. The fact is that these writers are a bunch of guys with no prior experience at penning TF related fiction, and their inexperience shows.

14. jle1076

jle1076 Well-Known Member

Robert Orcci and Comp. Can write a good movie with a bunch of twists, but NOT a sequel lol

15. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    If it means dialogue & screen time for the Constructicons & a more threatening Fallen, more from Devastator, like way more usefuL, count me in.

16. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    Why should anyone give ROTF a pass just because of the writer's strike? If the writing sucks, it sucks. Does it suck even more thanks to the strike? Sure, but by NO MEANS should anyone give ROTF a pat on the back just because of it. Even Michael Bay apologized for how crappy ROTF is. I think that's very telling.

Even Bay didn't excuse the writing due to the writer's strike. I just don't get that mentality to remember the writer's strike.

Yes. A robot that had telekinesis and could stop 120mm rounds and other high power ordinance? Did he run out of mana? Run out of juice? The fact is that NOTHING could touch him. Then suddenly his great power was nowhere to be seen when he fought Prime.

Total pussy is an accurate assessment.

To answer the OP...No. I don't think the writing and the plot really warrants such a set up. I believe that Harry Potter did due to length and content within that story arc? I wouldn't know exactly as I haven't read/seen any of them, but that would seem to be the case.

17. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

The Fallen was talked up by Shia and Bay so much, and in the end he WAS a complete waste of space, the fact that Megs was his bitch didn't help my dislike for him as well.

I think (if the movie were to be a cliffhanger) then have the Constructicons individually developed throughout the movie as total beasts, then towards the end when they combine, the audience would've been like, "oh poopysnappers!". The Autbots then have to assemble and work together as a team to take him on...or something. ANYTHING BUT A RAIL GUN.
    No rail gun, no stupid 'i love you subplot', and have the Fallen be released from the dimension he was trapped in (like in the novel adaptation, if I recall correctly). Have him do what he did in Egypt in the movie (destroy tanks, say cool lines in raspy voice, teleport hit'n'runs) and build him up as a credible threat to the Autobots, and Earth itself.

End movie there with the Con's on top and Optimus in stasis lock.