Would anyone here be interested in casts of my Gobot customs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Satomiblood, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

(Pasted from Creative GD - I think it will be okay here as well)

I was thinking about this the other day. While I currently don't have the experience or the means to do casts, I know some people throughout Radicons that do, and would be interested in a partnership of sorts.

Anyway, I've been thinking of refining my previous Cy-Kill and Waterwalk customs in such a way that they can be mass-produced. As far as painting goes, I'm not sure if I either want to enlist the help of one of the better painters on the board (Sabrina, F_R, Spurt etc.) or to sell them as unpainted kits.

This is just an idea at this point. First, I'll need to redo Cy-Kill and see where it goes from there. I'm not going to go through with this if it doesn't generate any interest, as it would be a total waste of money, time, and resources without the support and enthusiasm of the fandom. In the coming months, I'll be putting together a template for Cy-Kill (followed by Waterwalk).

Here are the customs I speak of:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/226787-gobots-cy-kill-mission-comprete.html
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/263446-gobot-waterwalk-finalized.html

Anyway, let me know what you think. If you're a caster or painter that's willing to be a part of this project, please feel free to contact me via PM or email (striderec@yahoo.com).

I thank you for your time.

2. Mr. Ginrai

Mr. Ginrai Godmaster

Hi,

I really, really like the kits especially Cy-Kill. He has a very Generation 2 feel to him with the types of joints you used, which is very cool! I think on him the only thing I don't like is the head - I don't think it should be bigger, but I think he needs the dome/coney top rather than the flat top, only because the bike he came from required that type of front end. Also it could just be a hair wider following the current outline of the white helmet onece you add a bit of a dome shape up top.

Waterwalk was a tough one to do, I feel. He was such a simple figure and has been one of the knockoff kings since his heyday. I love the sculpt you made, and unfotunately his original color scheme doesn't do him justice. Flats or satin may be better for a finish on this one. I think the only thing here that is not appealing to me is the fluting and half oval edges on the main wings, I think it makes them look a little old-fashioned, compared to the straight ones on the original toy.

Overall they look fabulous and I applaud your efforts. I can't think of many people who show machine-robo/the go-bots love, becasue well, there are some terrible figures, but there are a lot of gems hidden in those lines that people miss unfortunately.

I would definitely be interested in a cy-kill, even if I had to do it myself. Waterwalk I would have to give some thought, but I would love to knock some ideas around.

Again, great job. G2 Go-Bots!

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Yea, in the Waterwalk WIP thread, I planned on using something else for the wings. The ones you see in the pic are from an ROTF Ransack. It was really more of a last minute change for the sake of completing the figure. I plan on making the wings in Waterwalk v2.0 more like the original toy. I admit that the alt mode suffers because it doesn't really resemble a cessna, which is what Waterwalk is based on. That'll be the main issue to fix.

As for Cy-Kill, a new head is definitely needed. It's really just a flattened Classics Ramjet head and nothing more.