would anyone have liked if it was the 2 primes stopping megatron and shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megatron6661, Oct 23, 2011.

1. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

I was thinking many fans were not happy with sentinel joining the decepticons, and how shockwave was used. Would it have been better for some if it was megatron again playing the main villain? that he fled the scene in ROTF. Megatron let the fallen get killed, so megs did not get damaged by jetfire optimus, so he upgraded his second alternative mode, and the army we see in DOTM destroy chicago, and having shockwave help megatron bring back cybertron using the same plot. And it was the 2 primes fighting megatron and shockwave, and in the end we could have possibly got a better death for both megatron and shockwave

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I frankly prefer Sentinel Prime as a villain, one truly ORIGINAL character for this franchise, complex, well-written and most importantly: NEW! Shockwave, for the more I love him, would be a homage [which is not bad, really], but I'd still rather have a new interesting bad guy.

BUT, I think your idea could be re-worked with: Shockwave, Sentinel and Megatron attack Chicago, Shockwave betrays Sentinel and Megatron alike, pulls off his plan, Optimus and Sentinel [who join forces briefly] VS Megatron VS Shockwave ensues:

- Megatron eventually jumps on a [wounded] Shockwave, and says: "There is no command other than MINE, SHOCKWAVE!" as he strikes him down for good. Then the building crashes on him and kills him.

- Sentinel is mortally wounded and dies telling Optimus to "Light their darkest hour."

- Optimus gives his speech, yada yada yada.

3. megatron6661

we all know shockwave was used has a mask to stop many even thinking sentinel would be the villain. But sometimes I do think bay used 1 to many villains, especially has shockwave was put in the film.

But I do think bay could have cooked some history between sentinel and shockwave during the cybertron years, and off course one final fight between megatron and optimus. Or as shockwave fights sentinel, optimus trys to stop megatron triggering the pillars, which would also get rid of the side plot of the humans helping the decepticons.

4. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yes yes yes nd did i say yes? Yes

5. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Hm... I do like where your headed, but I also like the whole betrayal plot.

6. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

There was way too much plot in the movie to "cook up" something like that.

And I prefer my version due being more "faithful" to the plot of the movie [it would be easy to throw in it], yours would require pretty much remaking the whole thing, you're not asking for DOTM with a different ending, you're pretty much asking for a different movie.

7. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    this would have been epic

8. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

No.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    No, I loved that for once the Big Bad was an Autobot

10. fleshling

fleshling Well-Known Member

No way. Sentinel is the best thing about DOTM. A competent, dangerous, properly motivated, well-written and acted villian. It's amazing. I wouldn't change him at all.

Shockwave did get the short straw, of course, but I think he's fine. He has a lot of indirect characterization.

• He's the master of a gigantic killing machine.
    • Epps reaction to him - That is one scary ass Decepticon. Why do the Decepticons always get the good shit. This big evil thing is staring right at me.
    • The military's prioritization of him
    • Optimus' reactions to him - THAT… is Shockwave, running away from him initially and referring to him as being hunted.
    • Decepticons using him as a last line of defense - He's the one protecting the building with the Pillars.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It should have been Optimus Prime and Megatron teaming up againist Sentinel Prime and Shockwave.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I kind of admire that the film was attempting to do something a bit different.

Instead of the clear cut lines between good guys and bad guys Sentinel Prime opens up a nice gray area of are all Autobots really on the same page as Optimus? It's also a nice attempt to inject an idea that maybe all the Autobots aren't willing to just give up on Cybertron like Optimus and his crew.

13. megatron6661

Very good post, the big question is was optimus a threat to the transformers survival? even if it means another race becomes the transformers savaged land, to save cybertron

14. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

I would have preferred it if Sentinel and Optimus had to team up, then maybe seeing Sentinel mortally wounded, sort of an official changing of the guard to bring closure.

Using Sentinel as they did was extremely original, but having him kill off Ironhide was wrong. If they were going to do anything, they should have wounded him, then brought in Wheeljack to repair him, and used Ironhide and Prime together in the final fight sequences.

15. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope.

Sentinel Prime was practically the only good and solid villain through the entire trilogy. Laserbeak probably second.

16. megatron6661

megatron in TF1 was just has brutal the way he owned prime, still a few have said they were not happy with sentinel its the same with DOTM film some loved it some hated it. I have said quiet a few times, the villain in TF1 and DOTM were stronger than optimus, or a better way of saying it they knew how to beat optimus

17. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Until I saw the Amazon spoilers, I thought TF3 was going to portray Sentinel Prime as another Jetfire-like assistant to Optimus Prime. When someone big like Leonard Nimoy was announced for the voice, I figured his role would be bigger than Jetfire, and I expected a role like Sean Connery in the Highlander movies.

I would have been satisfied with a Jetfire/Sean Connery-like role, but I'm honestly happier with the way the actual story took place. In fact, having Peter Cullen and Leonard Nimoy engage in shouting matches was worth the price of the ticket alone.

Note that this pertains only to the portrayal of Optimus and Sentinel. My feelings about Megatron and Shockwave in DOTM are not as generous.

18. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

I liked it the way it was. The betrayal was a nice change. We have had Megatron be the villian for two movies. The Fallen was supposed to be the villian for ROTF but he doesn't do anything til the last 15 mintues of the film.

19. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    Shockwave, in my opinion, should've been the one to have made the deal with Sentinel. It fits his cold, calculating(dare I say logical?) character from the 80s and helps maintain some continuity. I mean, I find it ridiculous that Megatron, a psychotic warlord, could formulate a plan so complex and farsighted.

20. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

No! Sentinel Prime was a great villain. I think what Ehran Kruger wrote was great but unfortunately, too long for the film. I hope to get the novel.
    There is more to a villain than strength. TF1 Megatron had no plan, he just went on a rampage. I mean the only planning, in TF1, was done by Starscream. I mean Starscream was smarter than Megatron!

Sentinel had strength and a plan, as well as being deep (meaning people are still arguing about if he was good or bad) compared to Megatron who was just a monster.