Would anyone be interested in custom TF ringtones?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jon3pnt0, Apr 24, 2008.

1. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    Okay, before you all stone me, this was my idiot brother's idea.

I'm pursuing a voice acting career, and I've several good Transformer impressions (find them and many others non-TF voices HERE).

He had this idea that I could make custom ringtones and charge people for them. Again... HIS idea, not mine. Actually, his idea was to make custom voicemail messages for people, but I don't think that's feasible because I can only record to audio formats like MP3's. And if you record with your cell from any speaker, the quality is crap.

Anyway, I'll post up a few freebies that you can all have like Prime saying:

"Your momma is attempting to trasmit a message."

or movie Ironhide (or G1, I can do both) saying:

"Your brother is transmitting a message. Shall I terminate?"

but I'll only post them up IF anyone is even interested. I've already posted up my voice demos on the non-TF board and got 99% positive feedback and the other 1% was really constructive criticism more than anything else... but here is the link to my main Character Demo. Plays best with Quicktime, but if you have trouble, go to my website's homepage and it's the second player.

If this is a stupid idea, just say so, which I'm sure -- as negative as it can get around here -- some will.

If NOT, then just e-mail me or send me a "private message" and tell me what you want your ring tone to be. You write it, I'll record it. NOTHING distasteful, if you know what I mean. Haven't figured out how to get paid yet.

2. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    How about transformers singing instead? I don't have a cell phone so I'm not sure how advanced the've gotten> I guess your suggested ideas mean some cell phones can identify who's calling you and map a specific ring tone to that person.

I'd rather hear prime or ironhide singing the lyrics to "dare" from the '86 movie

3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I'm sure Hasbro's lawyers will be very interested.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Actually, if I could find a ringtone of the old transformation sound, and knew how to put it on my phone, that's what I would use. If I were to use a TF's voice for a ringtone, it would be Grimlock, but I'm not sure what line I would want him to be saying.

5. masterjetfire

masterjetfire Dying Grad Student

sure let me hear em

6. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    Can't copyright a voice, my friend!!! :cool: 

7. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    Get back on that asap. For those who don't know as one of you said, yes you can specifically set a tone for an individual contact. You also have to have a cell that can connect to your PC via USB cable AND is compatible with MP3's or MP3 ringtones (or megatones for T-Mobile). Drag and drop, set the tone for whoever or for general ring and viola!

So I'll post a few for all here later or in a new thread in case this one gets cold before Saturday and just right click and save, copy to cell via USB and apply tone.

I'll give you my thoughts on what I'll do for the first few:

Prime: "You are receiving a message, but beware! The Decepticons are attempting to intercept your transmission."

Movie Ironhide: "Someone is trasmitting a message, shall I terminate?"

G1 Ironhide: "When are we gonna stop playin' phone operators and kick some Deceptibutt?"

Slag: "Me Slag think you get call... mmm... Hello??? ET phone home?"

I also imitate Grimlock (not one of my better impressions), Starscream, Megatron, Galvatron, Shockwave and Wheeljack. Those are just the few I can name off the top of my head. I also do TONS of non-TF voices... check the site.

None of these tones are permanent, so feel free to play around with something for them to say and I'll be back to check tomorrow night.

Oh, and for the one who suggested singing, I was thinking "IN THE NAVY" with Slag, Grimlock, Prime and Wheeljack. :D 

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Well, I've been unable to download any ringtones for my Nextel... the one my dad got me for my 18th birthday (which was four years ago)... so unfortunately I would be unable to get one of your custom TF ringtones. :cry 

9. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Quite true. Mel Blanc tried and failed.

As long as you avoid using any trademarked/copyrighted names/brands, you could actually turn a profit selling custom TF-style on-hold/voice messages or ringtones. And there's not a thing Hasbro could do about it. I doubt they would care anyway, as long as Jon keeps the price simple, but he can negotiate with fans for that on an individual basis or just set a base price.

Also, there are plenty of artists here and elsewhere who use Hasbro's characters to do artwork on commission for other fans, and Hasbro seems to turn a blind eye to that.

You have a Paypal account, right? Plenty of fans go that route in the Junkion Exchange forum.

10. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    Aaaw, it's okay! I got an idea for you anyway? What about custom Windows default sounds for your PC? You could save the MP3 file and apply it to whatever Windows app sound you wanted (in the Windows settings).

Like if you make an error or mis-click you would hear something like Prime saying, "Apparently, you humans aren't as advanced as we thought you were!" or Slag saying, "and they say WE stupid."

I'm sure I can figure out something for everyone. Even thought about a few songs I could do... Optimus sings "YOU GOT THE TOUCH." You could just stick it on an MP3 player for that matter and show your friends what you got from some crazed-fan-idiot on the internet!

Well, "VOICEROY," if this actually pays anything, then I take back saying it was a stupid idea... and even though I call you my idiot brother, I say it in love... and for all the times you beat me up! :lol 

And no, I don't have paypal right now. But if I'm sure if it will help me make money doing something I LOVE doing, then heck yeah, I'll get it!

11. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    Ironhide Ringtone or message alert

Well, here's a freebie sample of Jess Harnell's Ironhide from the '07 movie.

I already transferred it to my cell just to make sure it's okay.

Ironhide RT

I'll check the post, but I believe you can right click and save target as whatever.mp3, transfer to cell via USB cable and use your cell's settings to change ringtone to said mp3.

This is just a sample and my first attempt at specifically doing ringtones, so don't be too overly critical. I don't think it turned out to bad. AND I don't think I broke any copyright laws.

Posting a Prime tone too in a few minutes, and I got my VCR/DVD setup going, so there will be Transformer YouTube parodies a' comin' for your viewing pleasure as well as a few Dino-Riders (kinda' TF related cuz Welker and Cullen and Adler were in the voicecast, and I thought I heard Arcee's voice in there, but I didn't see Susan Blu in the credits) parodies as well as an animated version of my "Little Drummer Boy" version of Pablo Francisco's "Little Tortilla Boy." As "Movie Man" would say, "COMING SOON!"

12. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime ringtone

Prime RT

Same instructions as Ironhide RT.

I'll do more if anyone wants one. But if you have something specific you want a certain character to say, you have to pay to play. Remember, nothing vulgar... don't do vulgar. Funny, yes... vulgar, nooooo.

The only thing I noticed was that I may have to increase the volume levels on the tones so they are easier to hear with cellphone speakers.