Customs: Would anyone be interested in a documentary about kitbashing?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by yourreflection, Sep 30, 2009.

1. yourreflection

yourreflection Well-Known Member

Radicons,

I was tossing around the idea of filming a documentary film about kitbashing along with a possible book idea. I know that I myself would LOVE to see a documentary about the topic and a book would definitely be a part of my library. Question is, would anyone else be interested in such things?

Also, what would you love/want to see in the film/book?

2. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Working on one myself. Planning stages at this point. Maybe we could team up for part of it.

3. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

I'd love to see that!

4. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

that would be a book that I would READ!!

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Radicons has already done a lot of work thus far on things like this. This is especially evident with things like our "Featured Radicon of the Month" articles, as well as providing a mainstay in the Transformers fandom for customs being the oldest, largest, and most active Transformers kitbashing community online. Our galleries attempt to do this as well, but that is much dependent upon what Radicons submit and how much. The real difference for us is the medium. Our medium is much more web-based and community-driven. Much of the things a documentary would set out to do, we actively try to provide Radicons and continually strive to do so.

6. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Um, while i agree with SQ7, i would also love to see this happen. More so on the book, though. I'd love for a sort of beginner tutorials/easy follow along projects or something, just so explaining the whole concept to nonbashers and family wouldn't be so much of a hassle. Also would like an intro section to most of the common materials we kitbashers use, like Rare Earth Magnets, or Styrene.

As for the documentary thing, i really don't have many ideas, ut i would prefer it not to have 'advertising' (you know, like close ups of a certain brand of paints, unless absolutely necessary).

Just my two cents.

7. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    Hey! Excellent idea. SO what's the chapters gonna be like? You gonna dedicate a chapter to each artist or what??? The documentary sounds like it's gonna be very hard.

8. Sharkysharky

Sharkysharky Well-Known Member

I WANT A BOOK ! (Pleads......)

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I wouldn't mind a doc personally. There's a lot of stuff that can be covered that isn't (or is limited) in a web-based community. I think NP Radicon Rundown and Annovasin's videos are the closest form we have to this.

10. yourreflection

yourreflection Well-Known Member

Are those videos hosted here Satomiblood? I'd be interested in seeing those as well. Thanks!

11. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

Could it be a little like the "Trekkies" documentary:wink: ? I think I would love a video...a day in the life of the fellow radicons...maybe get about 6 radicons...each at a different stage of involvement in the kitbashing life. 2 Pro's, 2 more than ametures, and 2 ametures...maybe 5 minutes each. Compile it all together in a video and that's something I'd love to see. See the workshops/family involvements/techniques/collections/hear what got them started and so on.

12. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Click my sig for my Youtube channel.
    Here's Annovasin's channel
    YouTube - anovasinn's Channel

13. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

Wow thank you for the compliment that means allot. and thanks NP for posting my link i was about to do the same

As far as the subject at hand it is an awesome idea. One or two of my videos is hosted here in tutorials section as well. If you want any of my help feel free to contact me.