Would anybody be interested in a GoBots book?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by RKillian, Jan 22, 2008.

1. RKillian

RKillian https://rktoys.myshopify.com

A friend of mine made the suggestion to me awhile back but it was apparently overlooked the last time it was brought up in a Toy Ark forum thread, so here we go again:

Would anybody be interested in a GoBots book that's similar in scope to Jim Sorenson and Bill Foster's recently published "The Ark: A Complete Compendium of Animation Models" but also includes rarer toy-related artwork as well? I've spent the last several years gathering up alot of really neat artifacts from both Tonka and Hanna Barbera and lately I've been wondering exactly what I should do with it now that it's reached a certain point. Do I put it on yet another ad-sponsored Internet site, is there a market for printed publication that I should look into, or would it just not make any difference to anybody if it never went anywhere?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I would like to see it, just out of curiosity.

I dont think the market exists for a printed version.

3. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    I would definitely be interested in a Go-Bots book as you described. I don't know if you'd have to run it by Hasbro though since they own the trademark, last I checked.

4. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I wouldn't mind the show on DVD.

Hanna Barbera seems to be sleeping on the DVD releases of just about all of their stuff.

I think American Gobots is considered the Knockoff and Machine Robo is the primary.

Hasbro owns the characters I thought, I wouldn't mind seeing the Go-Bots entering in one of the series, or maybe a spotlight. I think Coptur, Cy-Kill and Crasher were great friggin villains.

5. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Well Cy-Kill is shown the most in TF comics recently, usually getting the hell beaten out of him by Megatron.

6. marvoflg

marvoflg Super Powered Warrior

News Credits:
    I would be curious to a Go-Bot book more to the style of Transformers: Identification and Price Guide There is not a lot of good references out there for the Go-Bots.

7. nkelsch

Truth.

I would love 10-20 picture galleries of all the Gobots.

8. nkelsch

I missed this... If you had it, I would love a Gobot Coffee table book. I am not sure what you would need to do to get licencing but I would buy it. I would think a lot of people would. Maybe not in huge numbers but probably enough to cover it if marketed well enough.

But if not, it would be a great internet resource.