Customs: would animated ultramagnus make for a better animated soundwave/soundblaster?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Mar 18, 2010.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

how would you handle this?

would it be possible to mod animated ultra magnus in such a way that the body would have cybertron optius primes head built onto it?

and would it also be possible to mod the figures body in such a way that it would have a mid waist rotating ball and socket joint at the waist?

and what could be done to give the body a better set of mulitjointed rotating wrist jointed hands?

i figure with those mods and a redesigned chest and the right colorscheme animated ultra magnus could make for a much better animated soundwave/soundblaster figure

2. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Umm...
    Wow.
    Thats insane.
    I'm no pro comes to Customization, but I dont think thats possible...
    In fact, it's kinda...
    :crazy: 

3. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

okay i have managed to build cybetron optimsu primes head itself onto ultra magnus body using a dremil and a very small ball and socket joint salvaged from one of armada sideways minicon riders with it serving as a ball jointed neck/hinge for the ehad

so far i have managed to completely gut the electronics from the body and i figure i wil l have to use one of those swing saw machines to cut the figure body in half at the mid waist

i am not entirely sure but i ithink i ight even be abel to swueezee in a bionicle ball and socket joint with it serving as a mid waist rotating joint

i am still trying to figure out how to mod the back mounted cannos to detach in robot mode to serve as a set of hand held missile cannons

i think i just migh have to replace them with a set of shoulder cannons from cybertron downshift

4. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

still no clue what i will use to replace magnus chest with to give him soundwaves classic looking tapedeck chest

maybe i can just salvage the chest from cybertron soundwave and build it into the ultra magnus chest itself

5. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I'm no kitbasher but I think it could be done but would require quite a bit of work to pull off.
    Plus this thread should be in the Radicons section.

6. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Never been crazy enough to think of something like that, but it could work ... I guess.

7. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    Having Cybertron's aesthetic mixed with Animated's might not look too good.

8. blackjkb

blackjkb Banned

yes...well...idk...cuz i not a customizer...but its common sense...it will work

9. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

I think you'd be right about the Bionicle joint fitting in there, but i have a custom Gestalt in the works with a Bionicle joint as a waist, and the weight of 3 Deluxes is enough to make it topple. I'm not sure how heavy Magnus is, but it might not be strong enough. Just sayin'. I'd see about a ratchet joint personally. Something like a Energon combiner peg and socket would at least give rotation, and it's stronger than a Bionicle Joint.

Good luck with it, though.

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Pics?