Would Animated Prime eventually became the new leader of the Autobots?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, May 16, 2010.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And would he have been upgraded? I was always under the impression that Magnus was probably a normal Autobot who was upgraded. Especially since he appears to be one of the larger Autobots (he was about the size of Starscream).

2. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Are you afraid of the dark?

If there is justice in the TFA universe, then yes.

3. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

At the end of the series, I imagine Magnus could/would step down and Optimus would then become Optimus Magnus. Aprehending Megatron along with his core Decepticons and saving Cybertron should truly warrant that.

But, it could be the case that a Prime can go very high without becoming a Magnus.

Magnus could still be in charge as head of a council, but Prime is the general or the armed forces, the leader of the war effort to find the remaining Decepticons.

4. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Eventually, probably yes. It's his destiny?

The question is if, had Animated continued, would he have become it during the series or at the end?

I mean, come on, he's Optimus Prime! :p 

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I'd imagine that, had Animated continued, Optimus Prime would have become the new leader of the Autobots -- or as acting leader of the Autobots until Ultra Magnus either recovers or dies.

He'd be better than Sentinel Prime as leader of the Autobots, that's for sure.

6. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Yes, but the journey would be more interesting than the eventuality. I loved the idea of a young Prime earning his stripes.

7. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    It was insinuated that he becomes the leader at the end of the series. I mean he's wearing the Matrix chain, has the Magnus Hammer, and already was upgraded via the jetpack parts. Not to mention that the people were backing him. Sentinal assumed command, and even he admitted Prime was the man, so I'd say he already pretty much was the new leader...

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I like to think he would, as it seemed to imply at the end. You and your team don't just end an eon-old war and not get some kind of promotion.

They should make him frickin' king of Cybertron.

9. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man I miss this series :(  I loved how Jazz ditched Sentinel.I need that Allspark Volume 2 now. I've been re-reading the first volume.

10. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    No, after receiving the hammer he eventually became God of Thunder and ruler of Asgard.

No wait, wrong person. I'm sure there's a lot left unanswered due to TFA being canceled/ending so abruptly. Maybe season 4 will eventually come out, who knows.

11. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree. I thought it was pretty well implied that Optimus Prime became leader of the Autobots in the TFA series finale. Also, Sentinel's time as leader was pretty disastrous. His stupidity allowed the Lugnut Supremes to attack Cybertron, after all.

Ultra Magnus might have some words to say about that if/when he wakes up, but we don't have any indication that Ultra Magnus wouldn't want Optimus to be the leader.

12. Attobot2006

Attobot2006 Well-Known Member

No

Actually, if animated prime were to stay true to character, I have a feeling he would be offered the position, but would decline in lieu of wanting to make more of a hands-on difference by continuing to work at the layman's level to insure peace and promote much needed stability created by the vacuum of power left in Magnus' absence, as well as putting out the remaining threats of all the decepticons that are still roaming around free. I don't think this prime would give up his humble connection to the common bot in lieu of a cushy administrative position as a magnus. Though, definitely, he will use the newfound respect and credibility he now has with the Elite Guard and Cybertronian counsel to effect change within the government as much as he can. But in the end, he's gonna be a field ops guy, not a political figurehead.

this is my humble opinion.