Would a more light-hearted and comical TF movie work better?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NemesisPrime12, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Bob evans

Bob evans Well-Known Member

Hey man, maybe chill just a little bit

2. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NO

3. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    What in the ever loving fuck are you on about?

• Like Like x 1
  4. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

that i dont like kid characters (or unnecessary forced love subplots in action films) & in turn do not like movies geared towards children...i get that transformers was made for kids but i think it's important to recognize that the kids from the 80s are grown up now & i enjoyed films 2-4 because they felt 'darker' than your average kid flick, even with the juvenile humor

5. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Nah sorry, Transformers isn't for the kids of the 80's. It's for the kids of today.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BarricadeLives

well idk if you can unequivocally say that unless you were in the room when said discussions were taking place..the films certainly do not feel like they are geared towards younger children, especially 2-4..1 & 5 do feel like they skewer younger to an extent...but again, idk if bay is the right man to make a 'children's film' so to speak...they've been an odd mix of both thus far in my opinion

7. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Those scenes are pretty much the only human scenes (outside of needed plot moments) that I will voluntarily watch. I love his Mom.

8. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Those scenes are pretty much the only human scenes (outside of needed plot moments) that I will voluntarily watch. I love his Mom.
    You mean "adults." :rolleyes: 

Also, the "humor" in these movies is juvenile at best as well as most of the plot seems to be aimed at that age group, 10-13 year olds. If anything, as an adult, these movies tend to make me feel insulted at how stupid they think their audience, but as an adult I'm not their audience.

9. BarricadeLives

true & i agree...the humor is indeed juvenile, that cannot be disputed....same for all of the marvel films to a degree id say however..& i agree its aimed towards teens but films 2-4 certainly skewer more darkly in terms of tone & certain scenes, in my opinion

10. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

The difference is, Marvel movies are better written even though they are formulaic. The humor is actually funny, even though it's pretty simple. They don't brood on how "terrible" their lives are, even though they all have tragic beginnings. They all have personality, even if it's not very deep. Changing the tone of the Transformers movies to "Marvel like" isn't going to change anything but make the disconnect worst because TF movies can't do any of those things well and they treat the Transformers, still, more as props then actual characters.

I really hate these comments, the "if so and so was more Marvel like...." No. It doesn't matter what "tone" DC, TF or whoever the next superhero movie franchise is if the people behind it HAS NO IDEA WHO THEIR CHARACTERS/PROPERTY ARE/IS. Just look at all the non Marvel directed movies and compare that to what Marvel put out, even the worst Marvel movies beats the shit out of most of those in terms of quality. Otherwise, you just get Suicide Squad with robots.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  11. BarricadeLives

well it's all a matter of perspective..i think the marvel films, well more specifically the disney marvel films are a pile of hot garbage and id even take the horrorshow that is tlk over most of the abominations disney has concocted including both marvel & star wars films...and the biggest mistake these films made was trying to be too "marvelly & comicbooky"....if you notice, the comic films were copying the transformers films & then panic set in from the higher ups i presume & they decided to stop doing their own thing & try & latch on to some of the comic book film hype which was folly in my opinion

marvel films live off of the fantastically constructed cu & it's plethora of great characters..take that away & they are just as corny as anything else

12. halfaway

halfaway Did you think you were cool?

i getting sick of marvel films

13. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

..... What are you SMOKING? You're saying words but none of it makes sense.

14. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

True. I think what TF franchise's lacking is the development of the robot characters (I actually not care much about the human characters because the robots are supposed to be the main focus). We've seen the development of Tony Stark from playboy billionaire to paranoid inventor. And here we have Optimus Prime's development from a noble and wise leader to ultimate killing machine, which is less interesting than Tony Stark's because the development is not well established.

And we can't expect the development from any other robots because there are always many different robot characters in each TF movies, and the remaining robot casts (like Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee) don't get interesting development

15. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

I'm still angry over, like, all the Autobots always wanting to kill fleshlings. They act like idiot Decepticons at points.

16. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At the very least, I'd like a film that doesn't make me feel like it's just a giant ball of rage.

I think that's one reason why TLK feels like it ranks below even AOE or ROTF.

You have Cade just being super upset about things, Cogman being straight-up homicidal, Cade's assistant guy annoyed at everything and Cade ignores him - there's noone in TLK that I could really get behind and say, 'I like you.'

It almost feels like Bay was saying, 'Ok, I need 'faster and more intense,' but more like 'overdrive and total fury! I want to just get my check and get off this thing!!'

• Like Like x 2
  17. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

I'm 90% sure he said this. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

For the most part, that's pretty much ALL of the TF movies for me. Human-wise, I've pretty much only liked the Mom from the first few and the little kid (mostly at least) in TLK. Anthony Hopkins was good but the part of the story he's in feels so random and out of place for me that I don't even think of it as part of the TF movies (which is also true of like half of every TF movie).
    lol It certainly does. Bay seems tired with these movies, and I don't blame him for that.

19. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:
    I just want one with good writing and a proper cybertronian look.

20. Niv3k

Niv3k 'Fe Li Na'

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I guess we'll find out with the Bumblebee movie.

• Like Like x 1