Would a human in a Veritech stand a chance against a Seeker?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Driftx3, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

News Credits:
    My vote is ; hell yes.

A Veritech, with it's human pilot, is far more intelligent than a Seeker, and even has the ability to aim (something TF's have been struggling with since their inception).

Also the Protoculture interface works at the neural level, so given enough time with his mech, a Veritech pilot and his Veritech would be better than a Gundam when it comes to synaptic interface.

Transformers are generally rather childish and in the case of powerful Decepticons, rather stupid. I always figured the dumbing down of the Seekers and big bruisers was a mechanism to easily control them. (After all, if Tidal Wave or Lugnut had half a brain, well, hooo boy...)

I'm not certain the strength of a Veritech, but I do know it gets stronger the more you use it.

Thoughts?

2. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unless your name is Rick Hunter, Max Sterling or Roy Fokker, no you would not stand against a Seeker. Veritech pilots are driving a machine, Seekers ARE the machine.

3. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    I have never given a damn about Robotech. However, I adore Macross. Would a VF-1 stand a chance against a seeker? Probably not. Would a later model, like a VF-17 or VF-19? Maybe. Depends on the pilot.

One thing the Valkyries have over Transformers is their maneuverability.

4. fleshling

fleshling Well-Known Member

Movie Starscream has no problems destroying entire flights of f22s and Ospreys without any significant resistance. I'll say no to your question, then.

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Depends on where you pull the Seeker from. Animated Seekers for instance would probably smoke anyone who didn't have Plot Armor, same with probably any of the original tech spec Seekers.

Against the cartoon Seekers, the Seekers would have a distinct tactical disadvantage.

6. Not the guy

Not the guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mer... I have a hard time thinking Starscream would have a problem with any Valkyries (maybe with exception to the later models like the YF-29 or VF-27)

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I give the edge to the Seeker, if only because they were "born" flying and fighting, not trained. For them, flying, aerial maneuvers and weapons use are as natural as walking for us, they are almost never NOT accessing those abilities, compared to a human who is using the veritech as a somewhat unnatural extension of himself into abilities he had to train to use.

With the exception of that v-tech from Macross Plus, the Seeker may also have the edge in reflexes, since they control themselves by thought and reflex, not through manual control systems as the pilot does.

8. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

If it's Snakeyes piloting that Veritech.

9. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Alto vs Brera - YouTube <--- Watch this

Depends on the era of Macross. VF-25(Macross Frontier) vs. Seekers? Do you SEE how maneuverable a human pilot with manual controls are in a VF-25? Older Valkyries probably are at a disadvantage unless you're a Macross "ace" character like Maximilian Jenius or Milia Jenius...in which case they're such damn good pilots it's like they were born in a cockpit.

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would say it would even the playing field making the victor the better combatant.

11. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

only they be headmasters, targetmasters , powermasters with jets

12. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Seekers, no question.

13. AMG

AMG Old School

I'm going with Seekers here.

14. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I think a human-piloted aircraft like the VF-1 could probably hold its own against a Transformer in jet mode, and jet mode only. Valkyries can have FAST packs, they have millions of missiles that seemingly come out of nowhere, gatling guns, and lasers, and they are plenty maneuverable if you ignore the primitive 1980s animation. In jet mode, a Seeker is basically a very powerful plane. The VF-1 is a very powerful plane, so you have 2 well-armed planes fighting against each other.

In robot mode? I think a Transformer could easily defeat any comparably-powered mecha piloted by a human. Transformers control their body like we control ours. Gundams and Valkyries are piloted like we drive a car. There's just no way a VF-1 could outfight a Seeker hand-to-hand.

15. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    The amount of use of the term "veritech" in this thread makes me cringe. :lol 

On the topic of Seekers v. VFs here are my thoughts on the matter.

-The Seeker's alt mode is based on "old" Earth designs. Macross VFs, from the 0 to now the 29, are based on future technology. No matter how maneuverable a F-15 or F-22 can be, it simply cannot hold its own against a VF even if it's a VF-0, which is the first variable fighter put into action by the U.N. Forces after the SDF-1 crash lands on Earth. After the VF-0, the VF-1 became even more maneuverable as they were able to implement thermonuclear engines making the VF-1 much smaller and compact which leads to even more maneuverability.

-The VFs have three modes which are used in accordance to what is needed in the combat environment they are in. The battroid mode is the least maneuverable of them all and used primarily in close quarter combat in closed spaces. In this mode, a Seeker would most likely have the upper hand as the battroid mode is the slowest of them all. Most importantly, depending on the model of VF, there's little more than a heat shield that protects the cockpit from brunt force in close combat. Without the speed or maneuverability of the fighter or gerwalk mode, it can be quite easy to kill the pilot in battroid mode.

-Gerwalk mode takes advantage of the two other modes in maneuverability and speed of the fighter mode and the capability of close combat from battroid mode. When you have a fighter jet that can sprout arms and shoot in any angle aside from forward it because quite formidable. Seekers only have forward facing weaponry and therefore have to transform in order to face an enemy from behind.

-FAST Packs and Armored VFs. These sets of boosters and armor add missiles and guns up the wazoo and speed for the VFs. There's also drones that can accompany the VFs if needed.

-If a Seeker were to take on cannon fodder pilots, they win hands down. Against ace pilots, I'd say it should be pretty evenly matched. I'd still give the edge to VFs if it's piloted by any of the aces from Macross lore.

-Seekers do have a huge advantage in that they won't black out on high G maneuvers. But then the argument on what type of Gs an F-15 or F-22 can pull off compared to a VF come into question. Granted, Seekers only take on the shape of the F-15 or F-22 but design wise it would still have limitations as they are based on older ideas.

-Seekers have two huge weaknesses and that's their ego and they're not very smart. I mean, Starscream got taken out by a human with nothing but a bunch of hand made bombs. :p 

And just for some enjoyment:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  16. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    ^ What he said, I'm just here to show support for the Macross team :D 

17. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

News Credits:
    Sorry, I just got off a Robotech marathon. They called the VFs veritech in the Americanized dubbed Robotech. I'm fully aware they are truly VFs.

18. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't think the Seekers are truly bound by the technology limits of their altmodes, are they? I suppose there may be an upper limit on ability due to the physical limitations of their bodyshape, but they just LOOK like an F22 or an F18, don't they? They actually probably perform much, much better, just as the Valkyrie doesn't actually perform like an F14.

19. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Seekers would be blown out of the sky in the first conflict because of their natural contempt for humans and their tendency to underestimate them. Normal humans without Veritechs or planes have been able to humiliate them entirely because of this fact. Faced with a Macross Missile cloud out of nowhere, they might not know how to react. Panicking and being too scared for rational thought is also a trait the Seekers possess, G1 Starscream especially. Veritech veterans tend to be more disciplined. For all their experience, G1 Seekers have shown themselves to be far from a well-oiled machine.

Second conflict might be different, but first conflict goes to the Veritchs.

20. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    one, the use of robotech lingo hurts me on the inside

two, hmm, i don't know who would win, the only macross i really know is the original macross and macross plus

sheesh need to get around to finishing the original macross so i can move on to macross frontier