Worthy Opponents

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Nachtsider, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Suppose you are a TF on whichever side of the Cybertronian conflict. Which TFs on the opposing side would you harbor a respect for, regardless of their being the enemy, and why? You can pick any faction from any continuity. Make a post for each continuity, if you feel like it. I'll start...

Continuity: G1. Faction: Decepticons.

Worthy opponents:

Grimlock - Merciless, powerful and cunning, he's a Decepticon in everything but name. I lament the fact that he isn't on our side, and thank my lucky stars that he doesn't lead the Autobots.

Prowl - The closest equivalent the Autobots have to our military operations commander, Shockwave. Although nowhere as coldly efficient, his Machiavellian methods remain tactics to be reckoned with.

Jazz - Daring and skillful, he invariably confounds us with his uncanny ability to improvise and respond to change, unexpectedly negating what we initially believed to be foolproof plans and vicious surprise attacks, snatching victory (or at least escaping with but a slap to the face) from the jaws of defeat. That he can still find the time to apply his counterstrokes with style leaves us even more flummoxed.

Mirage - He may be one of the bourgeoisie pigs so despised by me and my fellow former gladiator-slaves, but his willingness to get down and dirty on the battlefield, so unlike his brethren, diminishes my contempt for him. Plus, his stealthiness and sharpshooting skills make him a thoroughly frustrating opponent.

2. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Continuity: G1. Faction: Autobots

Worthy Opponents:

Starscream- While he might brag a lot, he is a very competent aerial dogfighter and can talk his way out of any scenario.

Galvatron- Due to his insanity, he is very unpredictable and is very powerful.

Shockwave- A cold, calculating adversary. Not to be messed with.

Overlord- A tactical genius and an absolute powerhouse.

3. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

G1 Blaster: The ultimate Autobot spy. The only person who can rival Soundwave in what he does. I hope to one day get a rival of my own like my mentor Soundwave.

G1 Prowl: I admire his logical ways.

BW Rhinox: I like heavy hitting scientist and is a hell of a villain.

I also pity Movie Optimus. The poor spark thinks he's an Autobot when clearly he should be one of us Decepticons.

4. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Continuity: G1. Faction: Autobots

Worthy Opponents:

Skywarp and Thundercracker: These two have proven time does not wear them out. While their different philosophies clash in lax times, together, they're a threat great than Soundwave, Shockwave, and Starscream combined in a one shot battle.

Weirdwolf: Leader of the Headmaster Decepticons and Horrorcons. Outwardly rational and philosophical, he maintains this train of thought even in the battlefield. Such a rarity and talent for any true warrior to have.

Sixshot: Despite relying on his abilities, his mental prowess is just as deadly as his 6 changes of terror.

5. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:

Is that correct, is he the leader of the headmasters?

6. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Yeah. He's also Tracker. Scorponok is the Headmaster Commander.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    BW Maximals:

Megatron: He's a master tactician, powerful enough in combat to be dangerous, and later in the series in his TM2 body, he's nearly unstoppable in a 1-on-1 fight.

Rampage: Psychotic, physically intimidating, and highly armed. WILL. NOT. DIE.

Tarantulus: Cunning, sadistic, probably knows a lot more about what's going on than he admits.

The rest are pretty much cannon fodder, especially by the end of the show.

8. entITy

entITy G 1

They scared of Grimlock and Omega Supreme !

9. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    He is second in command after scorpenok. This however only applies to the jap show headmasters.

10. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    ^ Ah, ok. Still to watch it, have the dvd's but not watched it

11. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Oh! I wanna go! :D 

Continuity: Movie. Faction: Autobot.

Rivals:

Brawl: Never before has there been a Decepticon so infused with battle and so damn difficult to hurt, let alone kill. This guy takes multiple Autobots just to hold off, never mind defeat! Thank Primus we've got Ironhide to take that monster on.

Starscream: A real coward if I ever saw one. He swoops by, dropping bombs and missiles to compensate his pathetic aim, and he has the nerve to brag about how great he is, when all he does is hide in a corner while his buddies do the dirty work! I can't wait until the day I can peg a bullet in his screechy voicebox.

12. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

Continuity G1
    Faction Decepticon

Rivals
    Optimus Prime He is able to match Megatron at times and has worthy leadership abilities.

Grimlock very powerful in combat

Prowl Logical thinker