Worst week for a while....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dirge121, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Edit: Nope.

2. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure you can get this overturned....(?)

Have you talked to the local citizens advice bureau?? Maybe they can give you some insight.

I'd suggest that you, and your sister's friend make seperate complaints about him to the Police Complains Commission, but i'm not sure how effective they actually are.

3. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

agreed with post upstairs

sorry about the bad week but hey it ll get better.

4. TOM

TOM From one hood to Yours

Ebay:
    If it makes you feel better, I got locked up last Wednesday. Cops hate us recovery agents. :( 

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Well, Thanks for your advice guy's, and Tom, sorry to hear that, I think in comparison I got off incredibly lightly.

We are definately filing complaints, and as we have a PC coming round tonight about my sisters stolen Mobile, My parents are going to talk to him about it.

6. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    go to court with the fine man, thats BS, you'll win for sure, especially if you had it on and he cant prove you didnt

7. TOM

Ebay:
    Oh its cool. I told them I'd be out in less than an hour and they let me go. They just wanted to get on my case thats all. Thats the 3rd time in a month.

8. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

I'm confused as to how a person can be fined and get points on their liscence for lighting a fag in their own car in a car park.

9. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

Yeah, I was curious about that too.

10. TOM

Ebay:
    On a wierd circumstance He Probably got a ticket for littering.

11. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

Not saying you deserved the ticket or anything, and I don't know exactly how you said that, but that seems like a somewhat abrasive and confrontational thing to say to a cop. Kinda asking him to get upset. Cops who know that they really don't have authority to do what they are doing usually get pretty mad when you tell them they are wrong. I had this cop scream his lungs out at me a few years ago cause I wouldn't let him search my car after he pulled me over for running a light that I saw turn red through my sunroof as I was passing under it.

12. Skor

Skor I HATE U TRASH MONSTAAAR! TFW2005 Supporter

As far as I know any traffic related offence that is contested (i.e 'no i didn't do it') can't be upheld without photographic or documented evidence of the event in court.

I had a ticket given to me for talking on a mobile phone whilst driving. I didn't even have a phone on me! I was a tad pissed so I refused to pay the ticket. They then didn't want to go to court as they had no evidence to prove I had been on the phone.

This is why most police cars use cameras to gain their evidence of all offences they encounter, no matter how small.

The only problem I'd see here for you is the fact that if the belt was tucked under the arm, to the police car camera, it would look like the belt wasn't on at all.

I'd just contest it and see where it goes. Doubt the PC can help as Traffic division are generally disliked by regular Police anyway.

13. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Wow. Your week beats mine for worst week, and I lost my grandpa...

14. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    you are 14 and can drive?

and beisdes that, even though my dad was NYPD I still say cops suck they abuse their powers in teh worst ways, I have seen accidents happen because someone was on their cell phone and someone speeding like 40 over the speed limit . I have got pulled over for doing 10 over the speed limit because one part of the street is 45 mph and a little more west it goes 45 mph and when I first moved to this town I didn't know that! I have also gotten a ticket for tailgaiting being only 20 ft behind the guy in front of me for I believe he said it was 1/10th of mile when I should have been 30 ft behind him.... ridiculous

I have been arrested twice for ridiculous things and had to pay lawyer bills because my parents wanted the lawyer than were upset they had to go to court because of something silly and took it out of my savings acount.

15. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I don't see how what you qouted is the LEAST bit confrontational. All he said was he was wearing it and he still was. Unless he was lying to the cop, what is he supposed to do, agree with the idiot? Since when is it wrong to defend yourself when accused wrongly?

You better fight that in court, that cop probably won't even show up for the hearing.

Did the people working on your sister's house do all that crap? Who were they?

16. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Couple of builder's, and get this, Pc was meant to come round last night, did'nt turn up, rescheduled for today, did'nt turn up again!.

17. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Well it's no surprise if you called the police on them. Is someone going bust or question them if they show up?

18. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I know fag in the UK means cigerette but over here it has a completely different meaning. Lighting on of them wil definately get you jail time.. Heck lighting up a cigerette in public in most towns now will get you a ticket.. Heck some you can't smoke in your own home..

19. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

In my experience outright telling an officer that they are wrong is usually the fastest way to get them pissed off at you.

20. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    True, but what else is one to do? I guess one could just agree, take the ticket, and fight it in court.

In this case, the cop was just a prick, and no matter what he said he was going to get a ticket anyway. Knowing this, I would have told the cop he was wrong too. Either way, he was going to have to fight it in court.

It's a lose/lose situation.