WORST Transformers voices

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Golobulus, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golobulus

Golobulus heh heh heh

We've talked of the best voices in Transformers shows, now let's discuss the worst of the batch

Trypticon- Brad Garret, playing Trypticon. Over the years, Brad Garret has developed his manner of speaking that his voice is now perfect for voice acting, but during the 80's he was relatively new at the gig, and didn't really give Trypticon any kind of "life" he was just a big lunking machine. Granted, he was supposed to be big and stupid, but even Grimlock had personality.

Car Robots Gigatron- He sounds like an old japanese man with a mouth full of walnuts in his cheeks. I have to say, it rubbed me the wrong way

Car Robot Fire Convoy- Ok.. Convoy sounds like a JPOP rocker...great... You know what? I'll stick with RID

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Every season two Autobot from G1 (save the gestalt team members and Omega Supreme). People complained about accents in Cybertron, but season two was by far the worst offender when it came to silly accents. Perpetually stoned Beachcomber, Tourette's Syndrome Warpath, Seaspray with his mouth in a glass of water, etc. And why did so many Autobots come from England? (Hoist, Red Alert, Grapple, Perceptor)

3. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    ok, not from the shows, but the voice on 20th anniversary prime... wow that's bad!

4. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Perceptor, I cant stand his voice.

5. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    The season 3 Galvatron voice was irritating. Granted, he was supposed to be an insane maniac, but I thought it was dumb that they couldn't find a voice actor who at least SORT OF sounded like Galvatron in the film.

6. Evan Goldsborough

Evan Goldsborough Freelance Negotiator

I'll have to agree about the 20th Anniversary DVD Prime. I mean, how hard could it possibly have been to just rip some dialouge from the DVD? Or hell, just get Chalk to read it; he was convinced to do the Ultimate Battle DVD, after all.

Pure laziness. They didn't even bother to find someone that SOUNDED like a Prime...

7. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funny thing with that - Frank Welker was cast as Galvatron before Nimoy was cast to voice Galv in the movie, and some voice recording was done on Five Faces of Darkness before the movie! Nimoy was given complete complete freedom to voice the character - not knowing that Welker had already recorded a completely different style!

As for least-liked voices. Warpath - annoyed the hell out of - BAM! - me whenever he - KABOOM! - spoke.

I was never keen on Menasor's voicing either.

8. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

not a big fan of Cybertron Scattorshot... he sounds Australian.

9. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I absolutely LOATHED Energon Ironhide.

10. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Beachcomber, Seaspray and Warpath are the wors. Accents I can live with, comical gimmicky voices can kiss my ass.

And then hopefully my ass will upgrade into an Alternator.

11. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I turned off the damned show after hearing that, never to watch it again. I totally agree.

In G1, it was clearly Warpath. Seaspray makes me laugh, being Merman and all.

12. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Yup, yup, it was nothing like the way they voiced Superlink Ironhide/Roadbuster. And I also agree with Ops was a Truck's point about Season 3 Galvy...it came out too nasally. To me, not really a fearsome voice as Nimoy had done in the movie.

13. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Jetfire was the Aussie. Scattorshot sounded like was out of the backwoods of Kentucky. I've heard a few people with that exact accent. I wouldn't trust a one of them with a computer.

Kicker is one of the biggest offenders, in my book. Brad Swail should be banned from voice work. He's only got the one voice, it's annoying. He's the fingernails on a blackboard of voice acting.

I also really hate the Starscream voice from the last few shows. It sounds like a seven year old trying to imitate Chris Latta. The voice actor sounds like he's talking through his nose.

14. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Wheelie. I still can't stand that voice. I know Frank Welker is ok, but THAT VOICE = :yuck 

15. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nowhere as bad as the voice he used for Scooter from Gobots.

16. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Second that. Also, Kup, post-movie. He just sounded like someone grunting on the poop-pot everytime he talked.

17. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Greyryder reminded me of another one. Energon Ironhide. Horrible, horrible voice.

18. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

And is sounding Australian a bad thing? Or must all Transformers sound American?

Now the three Gigtantron/Giant Planet blokes all sounded really really odd. And not a good Waspinator odd. A bad Scottish/Mexican mix odd.

19. Primal84

Primal84 Well-Known Member

Ditto.

20. Golobulus

Golobulus heh heh heh

Armada Cyclonus- energon snowcat.

I liked Don Brown as Scorponok, but that shrill shrieking cyclonus just pisses me off. And it makes it so much worse because Cyclonus was the most BAD ASS post-movie, pre-headmasters decepticon.. And now he's ...this whiny bitch?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.