Worst Transformer deaths

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ILoveDinobot, Feb 7, 2006.

1. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I was watching some of the transformer music video's and one video had the scene from the movie where Prowl and Ironhide died. I mean I remember when I first saw that I was horrified that Prowl died that easily, he was one of my favs. Anyone else have any thoughts on the ways these 2 died? or the way any other transformer died?

2. M-Prime

M-Prime Banned

I thought all of the Autobots on the shuttle were chumped a little too easily. Except for Ironhide. Megatron's cannon straight to the noodle will do that to a 'bot.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always found Armada Smokescreen's death to be particularly gruesome. That big hole in his chest was nasty...

4. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    In literary terms, nearly all of the deaths in the movie are terrible, terrible, terrible. But good examples of how NOT to handle character death.

The deaths of Terrorsaur and Scorponok are generally in the same area as those.

5. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    I thought Ironhide's death was brutal. Nowadays, they say that would warp a kid, I thought it was cool back in the 80s..........

Starscream's death was just Galvatron's way of bitch-slapping him....

6. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Well a few of them got hit with MEgatron in alt mode..so far I dont remeber he hasent hit any other bots in alt mode , he has just got hit over or missed so knowing how powerful megatron alt mode is is hard to say btu I would think a blow from him in alt mode could be devastating.

7. Hot-Shot!!!

Hot-Shot!!! Transform and rise up!

Ebay:
    I was thinking of Smokescreen's death last night....that was pretty brutal...he even started melting
    I think Prowl got it the worst in the movie though...maybe him and starscream

Oh and let's not forget Energon Sixshot! that one was pretty humiliating XD

8. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I wish I have seen all the eps of Armada, Energon, and Cybertron so I know what you guys are talking about.

9. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yea I didn't like Starscream's death in the movie either.

10. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

I had tears in my eyes during Optimus Prime's death scene.

11. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yea, but he came back so that doesn't count.

12. Sonscreen

It did to me back then. :mad 
    So I guess that mean Starscream's death didn't matter either? :p 

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Yeah the deaths on the shuttle were pretty vivid...except Brawn I was actually happy to see that runt die.

Ironhide's didn;t bother me as much even though he was one of my faves when i was a kid...I was sad he died but at least he did all he could even when he was mortally wounded with his back blown clear open. That scene also showed how merciless the decepticons really were. I'd rank BW Dinobot's death in the same vein as Ironhide's.

Starscream's death was just cool. It was like "Holy crap! Megatron finally killed him off" (yes I know it was Galvatron, but at that point in time, Galvatron WAS Megatron in a souped up new body.

14. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

the way they died in the smelter inside unicron was pretty gruesome. gives me chills...
    :confused2 

15. Hot-Shot!!!

Hot-Shot!!! Transform and rise up!

Ebay:
    For anyone who cares, I'n going to give a lowdown on all the deaths in the Armada era
    feel free to correct me on any details I miss, I wanna make sure I got this right....if you don't want spoilers, I advise you to start scrolling XD

ARMADAENERCYBERTRON SPOILERS AHEAD! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!

Armada: Not too many deaths here...wait yes there are

Smokescreen: In a move to save the autobots, an injured Smokescreen take a full on shot from the requiem blaster (compsed of 3 minicons and is very powerful...like stronger than galvatron's cannon in g1 powerful). The shot leaves a gaping hole in his chest and the heat causes his armor to melt. However, his spark survived and he was given a new body next episode
    Optimus: Using the power of the Matrix, Optimus saves earth from being destroyed by the Hydra Cannon (all 3 minicon weapons are put into a spaceship and energy is drawn from them to create a massive weapon. Probably equal to Sonic adventure 2's eclipse cannon) however, he is turned into a white version of himself in the process. with his spark extinguished, he then disintergrates. Comes back a few episodes later by the power of the Matrix and the minicons.
    Starscream: During a confrontation with Galvatron, Starscream (in his Thundercraker paint job) allows Galvy to pierce him with the star saber. Galvy doesn't belive the danger that Unicron put them all in, and SS sacrifices himself to show Gavly what the bots and cons are up against. Screamer uses his most powerful attack (proton cannon) and attempts to singlehandeldy take out unicron. Unicron (in planet mode within a moon) fires at SS before the shot even reaches him. Swindle/Zapmaster jumps off of ss in the nick of time as he is completely vaporized by Unicron. Starscream does not return until the next series
    Thrust: after betraying Galvatron to serve unicron, the two have one final confrontation on top of unicron's neck. Thrust tries to run away but hits a horn and falls into a moving plate. He tries to get Galavtron to save him, but Galvatron says "either I shoot you here and now or you get yourself out of this mess" Unable to escape, thrust is squeezed like a packet of ketchup and explodes (with a party favor type sound effect o_O ). Thrust is gone for the rest of the era.
    Sideways: after the kids and minicons succesfully free themselves from unicron's mind trap, Sideways (who was revealed to be a medium of unicron) attempts to kill the kids and perceptor minicons. He was then shot dead on by Optimus with the requiem blaster and was broken into many pieces. He is also dead for the rest of the era. (I don't care what vector prime says, Cybertron Sideways is NOT the same guy!)
    Galvatron and Unicron: After totally getting his ass kicked by Prime in one of the best TF battles to date, Galvatron is hanging on to prime above an imploding Unicron. Galvatron tells prime to let him go so that Unicron will be destroyed since there wouldn't be any hate for him to feed off of. Prime refuses and galvatron cuts himself loose. Unicron implodes and dissappars and galvatron goes with him. Since this is the final episode, they both don't return until the next series.

Energon
    Demolishor: the autobots succesfuly set up an energon grid around the miranda 2. As the grid is designed to kill all decepticons it hits, Megatron was going to be destroyed if he didn't break off his fight with Prime. Demolishor pushes him out of the way but is caught in the grid. He swears vengance upon optimus and explodes. His spark survived and Meagtron puts it into a new body in the next episode. This just happened to be the worst thing to happen to him as like all the other reformatted cons, his character is completely ruined (He and Tidalwave become bumbling idiots, Cyclonus becomes a yodeling moron and Starscream becomes a suck up)
    Wing Dagger and Tidal wave: Shockblast has escaped from prison and wingdagger belives it's all his fault. Wanting to redeem himself for his error and also vengance for his partner's death at the hands of Shockblast (or rather that laser cannon arm XD) Wing Dagger tries to capture shockblast and holds on to him with a laser rope. Shockblast pulls him under a falling energon tower (forgot how it fell) and his body is severly damaged (pretty much destroyed actually). the tower also collapsed on Tidal Wave and the decepticons pull his broken body away from the scene. Tidal wave is reformatted next episode into the much smaller Mirage and Wing Dagger is reformatted into the much larger Wing Saber a few episodes later.
    Inferno: After being implanted with the decepticon insignia by Megatron, inferno tries his hardest to fight off the evil. He isolates himself in outer space and goes bezerk. After a skirmish with Starscream, Inferno succesfully fights off the evil within him and saves Starscream's life. However, he is unable to save himself and drifts into the Enerogn sun where he explodes. he is reformatted into Roadblock and appears a few episodes later
    AlphaQ: it was using the head of unicron to make an energon sun to bring back it's home planet. When unicron inevitably gets his head back on, alpha-q's body is destroyed but it's shell remains. It is then a ghost for the rest of the series
    Shockblast: Hardheaded as ever, shockblast attempts to take over the decepticons by sitting in Megatron's throne where the power of unicron flows into. Unable to handle the power, shockblast goes insane and grows to a huge size. He travels to a nearby planet where he battles Optimus Supreme (prime and Omega Supreme combined). Prime gets him to purge himself of the evil but in doing so, he fires a shot at unicron. Unicron then smashes him into the ground and gives his spark to Megatron. Shockblast is gone for the rest of the era.
    Unicron's body:After spending 37 freakin episodes getting his body back together after the end of armada, unicron fights a Primus powered Optimus supreme which was grown to his own size. After a whole episode of fighting, Unicron is blown to hell by Prime's "Final Impact". All that remains is his spark and a piece of him that was within Megatron.
    Team Ironhide: killed in a single tail swipe by scorponok (what were they thinking?)
    Sixshot: Ambushes Galvatron at the Super Enerogn chamber and tries to kill him. Although Galvatron has been shown to be invulnerable to laser fire, sixshot somehow shot off his wings and cannons. Galvatron barely makes it into the SuperEnergon chamber where he grows to an enormous size. Sick of Sixshot's constant hardheadedness, Galvatron literally puts him out like a cigarette. Complete with twisting his foot into the ground. His spark appears to have survived fo a short period afterwards where he says he is finally free. He is gone for the rest of the era
    Constructicon and Bruticus: In a final showdown, Superion impales Constructicon and then takes control of his limbs (they are all gestalts) and kills Bruticus. Both are gone for the rest of the era
    Scorponok: Weakened by a battle with Ironhide, scorponok gives his last bit of energy to deliver ironhide to optimus so that the Autobots' sparks can merge. He calls for his home planet and collapses. Strangely enonohg, he is not revived by the new Energon sun (IIRC). Though he is gone from the show, a dark variant of him appears in the Cybertron toyline. Supposedly, he's a zombie of sorts o_O 
    Galvatron, Starscream, Mirage, and Unicron's spark After a final confrontation from Prime (again enlarged and with all the autobots' sparks within him) Galvatron attempts to destroy Unicrons spark (which is small enough to fit in a human hand). Since Galvatron has been Unicron's whipping boy for the series he is again possesed by the spark and grows to Unicron's size. This time, he is able to fight off unicron's influence and again sacrifices himself for the benefit of all, pluging himself straight into the lave sphere crated by Primus and the SuperEnergon. Starscream, being the suck up he was, followed him straight into it. The reaction creates a new energon sun and Mirage, wanting to show his loyalty to galvatron also flies into the new sun (what a waste of a character). this is the last episode and they are all gone for good. Cybertron is supposed to be a continuation but can't really be called one due to bad storywriting. This is therefore the true end of the Armada/Energon story. and yes, there are only TWO decepticons remaining!

Cybertron
    As of the latest US showing, Hot-Shot, Scattorshot, and RedAlert have been decimated by Megatron's new gun. (with violence that we haven't seen for a while) Though what's gonna happen is fairly obivous, I'm actually not going to spoil it for those who are simply, that dense. Nor will I spoil the other 6 deaths in the series. Though I will tell you that three of those deaths belong to the same character. If you really want to know, PM me or any GF watcher.

Damn, there's more deaths in that era than I thought!

YOU MAY STOP SCROLLING NOW

16. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Suprise that we disscus, when considering the G1 Movie, the ones that were killed on the shuttle. Prowl, Ratchet, Brawn and Ironhide were mercifully slaughtered infornt of our poor kiddy eyes. But most seem to forget that Wheeljack got killed with little to no recognition. It was the scene where Arcee was dragging bodies in a pile, and there was Wheeljack lying there lifeless. One of the most important Autobot scientists and he dies in a 2 second frame. Not to make the others death seem inadequite or not emotional, but I feel that Wheeljacks death was the most terrible.

17. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Man I don't remember that... I really want to see the movie again I haven't seen it in years.

18. Sonscreen

Wasn't Windcharger lying next to him too?

19. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

I have to agree about Wheeljack, seeing the broken, dead body with blackness in his eyes was quite creepy as a child, as for the shuttle deaths they kicked arse to me as a child, I know they were killed a little bit too easily, but when I saw Prowl emit smoke from his mouth, I went "wow"...

20. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What bothers me is Armada Smokescreen dying so dramatically and then come back with shiny new body.

So when my son watched TFTM he kept on thinking all those dead Autobots would be back :( 

[offtopic]I didn't watch TFTM as a kid but I remember being shocked how Zambot3 (I think it was the title) ended. Or one of Yamato movies killed lots of main characters, too.[/offtopic]