worst TF buying experience

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jazz4ever, Apr 30, 2008.

1. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

mine would have to be this one:

so here i was in the toy aisle in target and i find a 96 camaro (last one on the shelf) bumblebee and i start to reach for it i was just about to grab on to it and then this 17 year old just walks up and literally takes it out of my hand i went back a ton they were always sold out of that bumblebee so i waited for the evolution of a hero two pack instead but it irked me to no end so what was yours?

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Trying to buy fucking CD Scattorshot. The damn thing wasn't in the system and the retard lady at the front kept asking retarded questions. "Did you find it in the toy section?" No, I found it in fucking produce.

I hate that lady so much. She's always given me trouble when buying TFs.

3. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:

i would have said" no i got it at the retard cashier section"

:D 

4. danny_the_mad

danny_the_mad The lost Autobot

i bought Armada Unicron some time ago, since i knew i could never have the one from the animated movie. i treated it well, but the blasted thing had SO many problems. the chest gun kept popping out, the transformation from planet to robot was clunky and without any finesse. all in all, it sucked. now i have Primus, and i'm even happier.

5. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hmm, lets see that would have to be buying Galaxy Force Vector Prime, Galaxy Force Starscream, Robot Masters Smoke Sniper and Gigant Bomber, with replacement Long Smoke stacks for 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime from an online retailer.

Then when they never show up, contacting said retailer, having them say, oh strange we can't seem to find the shipping records for that, so we will send it again. Then that doesn't show up, contact retailer who says, hmm strange, we still can't find any tracking info, but we sent it. In the end I was out like $100 and the period to file with paypal had passed so not much I could do.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    About a year and a half ago - right around when Titaniums first came out - there was a really fantastic day when all the Targets and Wal-Marts in town did a major restock. Tons of new stuff from Cybertron and brand new Alternators cases. Ran to the nearest Target first, as it was my usual toy hunting day. Found 3/4s of a new alt case. Optimus had already been snatched up (I should point out that I was looking for him and Mirage). Drove down to the west side and, instead of running straight to Target, I went to TRU and Wal-Mart first. TRU had nothing new (natch - I don't think they restocked at all that summer). Wal-Mart had a few new Alts, including Camshaft, but none of the ones I wanted (that's right, I passed on Camshaft). Then I went to Target. Again, Optimus was already gone, but I found another collector there who was holding Mirage. Apparently just picked it up a minute before I got there (he's a nice guy, actually. Registered here as TGCLightGuard). He was even cool enough to offer me the Mirage, as he wanted to get him and Prime together. I let him keep it, though. I'm not going to steal out of another collector's hand, especially since he wasn't going to keep it MISB.

So that part was kind of cool, but the entire day was mostly a nightmare of going to the toy section and finding that I was too light. highly frustrating.

Optimus, of course, became pretty easy to find eventually. Mirage I only saw one other time, and I immediately snapped him up... then realized that I left my checkbook in the car. I hid him behind a couple of Primuses while I ran back to get it. :lol  (nobody found it and the toy is currently sitting in storage with the rest of my Alts, if you were wondering)

7. KillerMel

KillerMel Teh Honduran Wrestler

News Credits:

hm, i remember that. that's why i never bought those WST KO seekers, repro MP Prime gun and Metrotitan. but now i'm gonna wait for the e-hobby one so all's good :D 

8. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ToyNK.

I hope others have had good experiences with 'em, but for me, once was enough. Eh.

9. bhaalistik

bhaalistik Shockwave's Love-child

Mine is along those lines but way WORSE...I passed on ALT Grimlock, yes Grimlock. And here is the stupid excuse/story why I passed...

We had just moved to a new city and I was not into collecting TFs again like I am now (I can thank the movie for re-kindling the fire for that); so the ONLY Grimlock I knew of was the original dinosaur mold Grimmy that I oh so love.
    SO...there I am wandering into the new local Target up the street from my new house and what do I see sitting on the toy shelf, but an Alt Grimmy and a couple of other Alts. As soon as I see that the name on the TF is Grimlock I do a "WTF did they do to my beloved dinosaur?!?!? Aghhh! Why would I waste money on this travesty?!" <--all in my head of course =P
    So there I left a shelf full of Alts, and still kicking myself for it to this day...worst day in TF history for me personally.

10. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    buying things from BBTS

I love them to death, but I would pay BBTS for shipping, then as soon as it came to my door I had to pay a bunch of taxes and stuff on the item for some reason, and it's always more than I have had to pay for shipping from BBTS to begin with....

I've never had to pay taxes on anything else I've ordered from anywhere else

11. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

The jackass on Ebay that never sent the Soundwave Jr. that I paid for.

12. permie

permie Well-Known Member

That would have been hilarious. You are smart.

13. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I had a great experience on these boards with some (now banned) A-hole called Pointblank (AKA Justin Hamm) who had a great deal where you pay him and he never sends your stuff, ever. Lost $70 to him. Fucker.

14. permie

permie Well-Known Member

BTW my worst transformers buying experience was Wheeljack's Lab. Avoid at all costs. I think the guy literally is insane, and at the very least, is a total fraud and dick.

15. permie

permie Well-Known Member

Holy crap I remember that guy! i was one of the early buyers that actually got stuff from him, but I remember hearing everyone after me didn't get theres. Did anyone from that group ever get any resolution on that?

16. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I too have only heard bad things about Wheeljack's Lab.

No resolution at all. A few of us tracked down different information about him... including his myspace, family run business, full name and address etc but nothing really happened. It's kind of hard to do anything about it from the other side of the world. But if anyone's interested and got ripped by this guy I'm all for trying to find him and, like, throw a water balloon at him or something.

17. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Not really a bad experience...but more of a waste of fuel...went on a two hour road trip hitting six wal-marts mainly look for WWI 6" Titanium Prime (this was before the TRU two-pack with Megs)...and yes found nothing...

18. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

I had a wonderful experience with a now-banned board member Nemesis Prime, A.K.A. Michael Smalley of Kentucky. Gave him $72.50 for a US Masterpiece Starscream that he ended up never even having. Gave me the run around (and a bunch of other people as well), and PayPal did nothing for me as they won't pay you out of their own pockets, only what they can recover from the person. What a dick.

19. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow two pages and no ones mentioned the craptastic site Billstoysandgames.com. I only ordered once from them but it took nearly 2 months to get my items, then another 2 months to get the right figure shipped to me.

20. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That first story pissed me off. My worst buyinbg expeirence was online when i passed up the chance to buy a cheap Optimus primal exclusive and i had money :( .