Worst..Teammates....EVER

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Stryyder, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Stryyder

Stryyder Just another soldier

Ok, so we've all been in those matches with random teammates that just make you want to break something. How about some anecdotal examples of how bad your teammates have gotten.

For me, I find it the worst in a Conquest match. Everyone wants to jump up high and start shooting stuff, which leaves no one capturing nodes or defending those capturing nodes.

Best example: Playing a Conquest match on Convoy (The one with the B node in the middle tunnel and A and C in little alcoves on each side). I'm running trying to grab a node and I get popped by a tank with an energon harvester, so I take my respawn delay time to cycle through my 4 teammates:
    Teammate 1 - Good guy, he was holding down trying to capture A.
    Teammate 2 - Sitting on top of one of the towers looking around, trying to find someone to shoot, ok at least he's doing SOMETHING.
    Teammate 3 - Sitting in one of the little side alcoves....I'm guessing AFK(or AFC I guess) because he spent the entire match there.
    Teammate 4 - Scientist in vehicle mode flying into the working jet turbine that was part of the stage until he blew up.

So yeah, sufficed to say we lost the match, though I did get the best score on my team.

Any other horror stories out there?

2. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I haven't had any horror stories.

Except the team that kept getting killed by one guy in the middle of Array with a Photon Rifle. I consistently killed him and ruined his kill streaks, but nevertheless, my team failed miserably at his hand.

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I think I've told this story a few times, but it's fun to reminisce:

I logged in to WfC Escalation mode, and joined in a game with three other players.

Three other players whose average age was somewhere around 10 or 11. Sigh.

So, I choose Starscream (naturally), and we're off to play in Remnant. As soon as the first wave starts, I'm all about business and start taking down Autobots left and right, while I'm not too sure what my teammates are doing...aside from shreiking at each other over the microphones and chasing each other around map playing grab-ass or something while I'm fighting. A few waves in, they realize I'm killing everything, and therefore have most of the points and cool weapons, and start pissing and moaning. "STARSCREAM! LEAVE THE GAME! YOU SUCK! LEAVE! JUST LEAVE!" I of course ignore them and continue my path of destruction. Of course they all tried to use melee attacks on me at one point...for all the good it did. Whatever, I wasn't leaving.

Then they started to die. And who was the only one left alive to revive them? Good old Starscream. Who left them to die? Good old Starscream. And who was it laughing uncontrollably when the host finally ragequit, calling me every last name in the book in language I'm sure his mother would beat his ass for if she heard it?

That's right. Good old Starscream.

4. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Time and time again, Fatal, your delightful cruelty never ceases to inspire and entertain me :D 

Well done :D 

5. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    *sigh*

I just recently played a CTF match where...

First of all, let me say that EVERY time that I, and I alone, left our flag, it was grabbed.

Anyway, I had the flag, and of course, my teammates let the flag go. So they all scramble to get it back while I wait near our base, and NO ONE WHATSOEVER was protecting me, so a Scientist kills little old me all by his lonesome because of that freaking Gear Shredder buff, and then they captured the flag when the Scientist returned their flag.
    So basically, my teammates were working against themselves.

This was on Desolation, so it was a pain in the ass to get the flag to our base.

Oh, also, half of all of my Conquest matches end up with us going from node to node, losing the last one in an endless cycle while the enemy racks up points from the 2 nodes they always have at a time.

And someone mentioned in another thread a while ago that someone should mind their own business even with enemies in the goal modes, and something it made me think of is that every time I drive by an enemy in the goal modes, I just tense up and hope they don't chase me down, and pass them by.
    Usually we pop up and battle it out, mostly because the other guy picks a fight.
    Shows how genius all the players are.

You are awesome. :lolol  :lolol 

6. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    My adventures in esclation

Me: *hits both the healer and ammo guy for there recources*

Them: *They run away to get ammo and health*

Then after the match I get a message from the healer saying - Stop hitting me its not like I can heal you!
    :banghead: 

Then next game im the healer and I get a message from him saying im hacking becuase there are no abilities in escalation.....

By this time I felt like throwing a chair threw the window

7. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

(tongue-in-cheek: that wasn't very Starscream of you... :sly2: )

8. MarChaos

MarChaos TIME TO TIP THE SCALES!

... Shiboy... Idoits, idoits everywhere... That's why I always try to be the healer or ammo guy because everyone else is a fucking moron.

Oh I got one, in one escalation map, someone was hoarding the points (i.e. not spending them) while the me and another were on like weapons and such, and I was thinking "The fuck dude? We're spending our points and your just getting down jesus christ dude." The only thing I consider worst than a healer or ammo guy not doing their job, is them not spending their damn points to help.

9. Stryyder

Stryyder Just another soldier

Same here. My strat in conquest is:

Step 1: get to a node, take it.
    Step 2: if there is another open node, charge to it and take it.
    Step 3: if we control all nodes, go to the one that we are losing and kick out the enemy.
    Step 4: if we control all nodes and none are being taken, find someone to kill.

That is the priority. But it seems that half the players on each team are just wandering around the map to get kills. That's what deathmatch mode is for, guys.

10. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    :lolol 

11. ShadowXD

ShadowXD Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel you bro

12. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    In WFC I don't mind horrible teammates in team deathmatch or conquest, because i'm mostly a loan wolf. But in escalation, I can't do it all on my own. In one game as soon as we started i was taking out decepticon after decepticon and was getting the most out of it. All my teammates opened all the doors, which was only helpful to me unfortunately. Every single one of them went down because they all rushed these 2 big ass cons at once in a clusterfuck that I couldn't even comprehend. Even with oversheild, I couldnt go primal on them enough to take em all on and win.

What's worse than that, is when me and all but one person goes down on the autobot map and that one person is just camping on the ledge taking their jolly fucking time. At 10 minutes i just quit and went to multiplayer....and then got my ass handed to me by f#cking hackers :redface2: 

13. DinoFreakUSA

DinoFreakUSA Well-Known Member

Capture the flag is always fun. I have lots of stories.

One time it was 4 on 5. The enemy was coordinated with a fast Scout getting the flag while Titans, Destroyers, and a Scientist healed them.
    My team was all Scouts and they all ran for the flag at once. I was a Titan and stayed next to the flag. My teammates were promptly slaughtered over and over again. After the Scout managed to get me and grab the flag, he captured it a couple of times

After that someone yelled, saying I'm terrible and ordered the team to go protect the flag for the remainder so they could atleast get points killing the Scout. They did so and the 3 of them stayed at the flag while I changed to a Scout and went after the enemy's flag. I turned invisible, grabbed it, ran like hell, and captured it. Before the actual capture though, I dashed towards the guy who called me terrible. He promptly sweared at me and rage quit. We lost the match, but that was so funny.

14. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    you should report him...........for stupidity

15. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Epic win.

16. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    It wasn't FOC but I had such an experience on ROTF. I was invited by a friend to play TDM, so I joined in. The enemy team was full and my team had like three players. The match was going okay...for me anyway. Let's just say the other two players did not have the experience I had with the game. Midway into the game, the other two players are getting creamed to say the least. Eventually they both get tired of losing and rage quit leaving me alone against a full team. Who were guarding the spawn points. Making me pretty much surrounded.

Long story short, I lost the match, but I was nice about and left after the match was over. Not the best team for sure. But I'm not going to hate them for it. I've had my fair share of rage quits back in the day. But I'm not that kind of player anymore. If I do quit a game, it is usually because of poor connection quality.

17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
  18. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I don't have any particularly bad experiences but often I engage multiple enemies thinking an ally behind me will back me up only to turn around halfway through the battle to find he's either run off or dead and I get killed by two enemies.

19. Duwian

Duwian Wants FoC EVERYTHING

My story? Winning a game by 1 kill (40-39) because my team sucked. The only reason we won in fact, and I have no problem taking this credit, was me, not to sound like an arrogant dirtbag. I went 24-3. Yes you read correctly, I was very proud. But, the second best on my team was like 3-12 or something like that, followed by even worse. If we had lost that game I would have freaking lost my mind

20. ThunderbeePrime

ThunderbeePrime Loved Botcon 2012

I hardly have any problems with bad teammates in WFC because I'm better off as a lone Scout.

But in FOC.....God. Conquest is the worst when it comes to needing help from teammates.

So, in Corrosion, I was an Infiltrator and went to C with a Titan and another Infiltrator following me. As we got to C, there were only two players there. A Scientist and an Infiltrator. You would think my teammates would help to capture C when we had the upper hand, right? Well, my teammates decided to move on when both players were too focused on me and eventually, I died.

So much for teamwork.....:redface2: