WORST stop-motion EVER made!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by jon3pnt0, Oct 13, 2009.

1. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
  2. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    That's FAR from the worst ever made. I like it :thumbs2: 

3. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    That was quite good! A little disturbed at Optimus massaging the jet's (Skywarp?) shoulder toward the end... HAHAHAH!!! I liked it! What stop motion software did you use?

4. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    That would be Skywarp.

5. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very fluid animation! Good job. Funny too, the lines!

6. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    I thought the hand on Skywarp's shoulder would be hilarious. ;)  but my fav line is the bottle of Energo' 92.

I use StopMotion Pro Edu Ed. but the problem is my webcam. It's not meant to work with stop-motion. It's so sensitive to light that the greenscreen changes color from frame to frame whether other conditions in the room change or not. I gotta get a better camera. This is technically my first real shot at doing stop-motion. I don't think it would have turned out quite so badly if I had of used a real background instead of chromakeying one in. Still, considering I never really did any tests or trial runs, I think the animation is okay... not good or great... just okay.

7. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Heh, you're too hard on yourself. It's actually rather nicely done.

Like you said, it's just the lighting that's kinda off.

8. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    I love how expressive the hands are. Nice work!

9. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    That is a plus with the Masterpiece collection, they have INCREDIBLE articukation. Unfortunately, Prime and Megatron have no joints in their fingers but they have 5 moving fingers (at the knuckle) on both hands. Skywarp has joints in the fingers AND at the knuckle BUT only his index fingers and thumbs can move independently... his other three fingers are just one piece of plastic. I wished they all had fingers like Unicron!

10. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The motions were a tad stilted but there were a lot of lucidly fluid movements as well- keep at it man. :O As a first real run at it, it's a great place to be starting from. When you had real smoothness going on, it was -really- going on.

What kind of lighting set-up were you using? Webcams generally need to be left in the dust after a while, but I'm wondering if there's any way to pump up the lighting to compensate in the meantime. The production suffered more from its equipment than its technical execution IMO. :D 

11. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    Hey, Vangelus! Always cool to chat with you. Like I said, the lighting remained constant, but everytime anything of a different color (ie: my HAND) would go in front of the cam between shots, it would sometimes cause the lighting in some shots to be brighter. Even if I waited a few seconds before taking the next shot. It's the camera... I know it. I bought a NEW camera based on SMP's website's recommendations and it wasn't compatible. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and either get a DV camera or the same camera that Xenon uses for our "Badly Animated" series. If I'd used a real set instead of a green screen and think it would be tremendously better, but I was seriously pressed for time. The concept is still funny regardless of the poor quality of my work. ;) 

12. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Despite what other members posted I thought it hasn't bad at all. So in my eyes you did good, sir.

13. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ahhhh sounds like the webcam was doing crazy auto-white-balance or some other automatic thing. :(  I'm wondering if it'd still cause weird lighting stuff even on a normal set- hopefully it's not the case. A new camera would be ideal but that's always a financial blow.

Though I'd say it's worth considering spending the money, you totally have something cool going on here. :D 

14. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    Thanks, man! Yeah, money hasn't been too much of an issue since the VO work has been going so well for me lately, but I don't want to count my chickens before they're hatched either. I'm making double per month what I used to make working 40 hrs a week plus overtime. I'll probably sell the Canon camera I got or just let my wife use it and use the webcam for Skype. I still need to buy a USB soundmixer for recording to replace my MACKIE. The better quality my auditions are, the better my chances of getting jobs!

I still have the iGEAR Ark command center coming this month and I'm getting Masterpiece Grimlock as well,plus I made a custom Ark/Mount Saint Hillary set around 4'x4' for exterior Ark shots so I plan on doing more with it. I've loved stop-motion since I wasa wee lad.

Oh, and as a bonus, I'm getting laid off right before Christmas so I'll have plenty more time to devote to it! ;) 

15. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that you are being too hard on yourself Jon, as I've already said I think it's really well done. The hand movements in particular look superb!

16. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    I just think my friends don't have a mean bone in their bodies! LOL! I made a few rookie mistakes such as moving things a little too much and the figures fell down a few times, not too mention bumping the camera a couple of times, but considering I did the whole thing including, writing, recording, animating, editing, rendering and uploading only took a combined total of about 6-8 hours, and it was my first real stop-motion (there wasn't a lot of movement in the little part I did in TFBA 2), I don't think it was all that bad. Pales in comparison to what you're capable of! :D 

17. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, I make mistakes all of the time. You just learn to cover them up :) 

These days though I make sure that my figures are firmly stuck down with blu-tak, same goes for the camera unless I have a scrolling screen. I still mess up from time to time.

I've still yet to try chromakey screens...

18. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    Blu-tak or not, Masterpiece Prime is top-heavy, that's why he kept trying to fall over. I had Skywarp attachedtohis stand.

What're you doing up so early anyway? Are you like KalelPrime and TimeLord, working an early morning job? I sympathize.

19. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah he is very top heavy, you probably need some sort of clamp to keep him still.

I've not got to be in work until 10am but I woke up hungry :) 

20. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    I noticed they used clamps in the special features of the new Wallace and Grommit movie. Sinceim destined to get a better camera, would you suggest I get the lifecam like yours or spring for a DV or digital SLR? Granted, I'm not going to be using it to make a career out of stop-motion videos like what your dream is. What's your honest opinion?