Worst scene in the trilogy

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmegaPrime22, Oct 3, 2012.

?

Worst scene in the trilogy

1. Dog Humping

24 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. Simmons ass

50 vote(s)
    28.9%
  3. Leos screaming (all scenes)

12 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. Sams Mom getting high

21 vote(s)
    12.1%
  5. Jerrys+Sams toilet scene

18 vote(s)
    10.4%
  6. Robot Tounge

4 vote(s)
    2.3%
  7. Devastator's metalic ball sack

31 vote(s)
    17.9%
  8. Twins Racism

13 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Given all the pothead movies that Hollywood has made over the years you would think at some point the writers would have at least have watched something like a Cheech and Chong movie. Maybe an idea from a TV show like Good Vibes. Or heck if nothing else how long would it take in California to find someone who has smoked weed before?

You would think the only drug film the production team had ever seen was Reefer Madness.

With all the product placement in the movie they could have at least had the mom chug three Red Bulls so people could say well mixing weed and Red Bull could produce an odd effect like mixing Red Bull and alcohol does.

2. sh002

sh002 Banned

Almost every or every other scene.

3. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

I cant choose. They are all horrific (exept for robot tounge, I didnt mind that). And the twins werent racist. You racist.

4. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

The twins - one of whom was voiced by Reno Wilson, professional actor and full-time black dude - apparently being stereotypes. the other was voiced by tom kenny, who plays the hugely offensive white stereotype spongebob squarepants.

Amusingly making anybody who says the twins were racist is quite literally a tenuous racist by their own ******ed definition. The whole 'twins were racist' argument is just that stupid.

It actually makes me a little bit angry tbh.

5. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I used to think the twins were racist, but as time went on I think I was giving them too much intellectual credit. A wise man once said, 'never attribute to malice that which is easily explained by stupidity'. Or in short, they're just fucking stupid.

They're uglier than a hat full of arseholes and weren't funny. There is honestly nothing they could have done, that wouldn't have been ten times more fun with Jolt and Sideswipe or Arcee and her sisters. That's their greatest crime: robbing potentially better characters of screen time.

6. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Agreed so hard. I'd have much rather watched The Adventures of Roller-Blade and Lighting-Guy than The Stupid Shit Robot-Twins Do.

7. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    And that's a pretty good way of summing up quite a few creative choices with the movies. If a world where you have countless options and deviations of virtually every choice, leave it to Bayformers to choose the path of most stupidity. They wanted humour, but frankly, "We don't really do much readin'" doesn't conjure up any chuckles from me. From some people, sure. But there's plenty of lines they could've tried, as we've established.

"Whoa, that's old-school, yo! That's uh, that's ancient Cybertronian!"
    "Oh, that's some serious stuff, right there."

"Read? That?"
    "No, man, that's a dead language. Like, nobody can read that."
    "...Do we look like ancient robots to you, man?"

And then have Mikaela say something like "Yeah, Sam, this is like their first day on the job for them." And maybe have The Twins scoff at that comment or something.

Same intent as the scene in the movie, just not as awkward.

Just keep in mind that they don't mean "cousin" as in biologically. They're not talking about Soundwave's female parental unit and Frenzy's female parental unit being sisters. All they're saying is that they - and I quote - "had to get someone in there related to Soundwave". If Soundwave couldn't be in the first movie, they'd have the next best thing: One of his minions, who transforms into an updated version of what G1 Soundwave was.

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Hahahaha, "no you're the REAL racists!" Are you serious? That is literally some "I know you are but what am I" rhetoric.

Look, the simple fact is this, there are a lot of aspects in the twins, ranging from their designs, to their dialogue and character dynamics, to their performances, that many people find highly evocative of some pretty disturbing (but thankfully, not really commonly used today) stereotypes in film/theatre/radio/television. These stereotypes were used, in their heyday, to reinforce negative attitudes about black people, many of which persist to this day.

For my own part, I don't think it was intentional, and more likely a perfect storm of incompetence that came together in all the wrong ways. But even then, the cast and crew should have seen the final product and said "yeah, this shouldn't be what we use".

"I don't think they're racist" doesn't dismiss the concept, because it doesn't address any of the details people have addressed

"they're meant to be like white kids acting black!" doesn't make it okay, because that changes them from robots that resemble a minstrel show character to literally robots in blackface. It also misses how that's still perpetuating the same stereotypes.

"reno wilson is black, so it must be okay!" doesn't work either, since that just means HE thought it was okay, and also completely ignores what people have said about the characters. Reno Wilson may simply not care about these stereotypes as much, especially where it relates to his career. Especially given Reno Wilson has also voiced other characters that could be argued are "stereotypical", such as The Black Baron in Madworld.

Since I've already seen a dozen posts saying essentially "I don't see what people thought as a racist stereotype", watch this. I know it's long, but hopefully it'll help explain what a lot of us are seeing in the twins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhnsaMLtQM8

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I agree the well you must be racist is just a horrible argument. It would be like saying if you find something to be anti-Semitic then you must be a neo-Nazi and hate Jews. Just because you've seen enough racism to know what it looks like it doesn't mean that you condone racism.

What's so very sad is that many of the people who point out the things that could be taken the wrong way are also the people who say that it seems to be unintentional and that we don't think anyone on the production meant any harm.

It just seems like a good way for history to repeat itself if the people who point out that something might not be kosher end up dragged into the mud for pointing out why something is unintentionally wrong. Instead of an adult debate on it sadly some people take the cheap way by accusing people of being racist without any logical reasoning as to why you are racist for find a potential for misinterpretation.

10. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All of them!!!!!!!

11. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Surprising lack of actual scenes on that poll. Mostly just little stuff people didn't like, which we haven't heard nearly enough about in these last five years.

12. Atom

Atom Member

I have three words..

"Were you... Masturbating?"

:bay