Worst scene in the trilogy

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmegaPrime22, Oct 3, 2012.

?

Worst scene in the trilogy

1. Dog Humping

24 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. Simmons ass

50 vote(s)
    28.9%
  3. Leos screaming (all scenes)

12 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. Sams Mom getting high

21 vote(s)
    12.1%
  5. Jerrys+Sams toilet scene

18 vote(s)
    10.4%
  6. Robot Tounge

4 vote(s)
    2.3%
  7. Devastator's metalic ball sack

31 vote(s)
    17.9%
  8. Twins Racism

13 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was kinda cool though:D 

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Anything with Sam in it.

3. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, it was dumb and pointless. They could have said Jazz liked Earth musics and dances without that stupid scene.

4. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Still, it was better than Amos 'n' Andy from RotF.

5. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You think the Autobots arrival was stupid? Wow! (sigh) Well I liked it. Im just gonna enjoy the movies for what its about instead of worrying about every little detail.......

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, throughout the entire movie, her reactions to the cybertronians (aside from Bumblebee) range from disgust to intimidation to fear. She makes little to no resistance after being captured (aside from the cliche "no, don't do it Sam!" remarks), and essentially remains a hostage until Sam comes to rescue her. Basically, her role in the film is to show everyone how great Sam must be if he can land a pretty, successful, intelligent girl, and to act as a prize for Sam to chase/compete for/rescue/protect. In pretty much every instance, she acts as a voice of reason and caution, telling Sam to not get involved with the Cybertronians or risk his safety.

So suddenly, she has the balls to walk up to one of the strongest and most cruel (and hateful towards humans) Decepticons of all time, and talk shit at him. It's an act that doesn't have basis in her previous characterization, seems counter to what her diplomatic background would compel her to do, and that comes off, performancewise, as wooden and poorly delivered. In short, it comes off as something another character, say Lennox, would have been better suited to do, and she didn't act it out well.

Carly (like most characters) got more depth in the comics, and showed herself as more of a badass (as well as someone with experience with the Cybertronians), but these are things that are not mentioned or shown in DOTM.

And then there's Megatron's response. Megatron, who thinks of humans as literally beneath contempt, as worms or germs or slime or vermin or whatever, is sitting there sulking in his alley, when a human comes up to him, insults him, and tells him what to do. A perfect stranger, no less. Megatron has crushed humans for much, MUCH less than that. So the final twist in Megatron's character arc, his final attempt to move out from the decline in power and prestige we see him travel through the entire trilogy, happens not because of some internal realization or drive, but because the eye-candy told him to. It completely ruins the moment and puts the penultimate stone in the monument to wasted potential that is his character.

TL;DR the scene is a poorly acted sequence that comes off as a deus ex machina because they needed to give the "female lead" more lines and couldn't fit her calling for help anywhere else.

And that's why I think it's a shitty scene.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  7. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Sam's mom getting high simply because pot does not make you act like that.

Again with the twins being racist? A black man voiced Mudflap.

8. opheadtaker

opheadtaker Gaseous sycophant

Probably carly walking up the stairs,and the part where that tail thing comes out of alices butt while she is laying on sam.

9. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    All of the above, plus a few others. Robot heaven included.

10. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Ooh, this is tough since there's so many to choose from. :lol 

I think it's a three-way tie between humping dogs, humping Wheelie and Simmons' tuchus. :redface2:  Ugh.

1.) He spoke way more than twice.
    2.) You mean that capoeira-inspired transformation style? That was a stereotype? Yep, that sure is stereotypical. All of those... silver robots out there... using breakdancing to do, uh, leg sweeps and stuff. So stereotypical. :sly2: 
    3.) And Soundwave transformed that way too. I guess that makes Soundwave a stereotype? A stereotype of what, I'm not really sure. Oh, that's right. It's because it's not stereotypical.

Again, yes, having him transform with style is utterly pointless. Especially with that 4 second background visual. Such a waste of our time. It's not like style is a big part of his character or anything. Let's just have someone tell the audience that he likes that s**t. And how would having a bit of expository dialogue about "Jazz likes Earth music and dances" be better than showing us that he seems to be hip and with it? It's an age-old adage: SHOW US. DON'T TELL US.

Seriously, not having Jazz do something like that would be wrong.

If you don't like his transformation style, that's fine. :)  Each to their own. But it's definitely not pointless, definitely not stereotypical and it's definitely within his character's MO.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    My theory is that Ehren Kruger forgot to revise that scene to account for a new character after Megan Fox got booted.

12. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I a had hard time choosing between Simmon's ass and Devastator's balls but voted the balls because it's doing something horrible to someone as iconic as the first combiner.

13. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Still don't know how the Twins were racist. Voted for Simmons' ass.

14. TNG Prime

TNG Prime TNG Prime IS a title!

I barely noticed the dog humping (to the point of missing it when the first time I watched the movie) and it was minor.

Leo screaming fit the character. It really wasn't as annoying as Sam's scream, in my opinion.

Sam's mom getting high was just a waste of time, and I will admit it irked me, but that wasn't bad enough to make me dislike the movie.

Jerry and Sam in the toilet at least had plot value. It could have been done better, though.

What does "tounge" mean? Or is it a typo?

Devastator's balls were a bit funny and fit with the Constructicon theme. That's one of the jokes that you can leave in or leave out without affecting the movie at all in any way. Either you had that gag, or you don't. It really was one of the least bad ones.

Now this is the part that pisses me off. The twins were in no way, shape, or form racist or even capable of appearing racist to anyone with half a small intestine shoved into their head and passed off as a brain. The actors chose their way of speaking, and Mudflap's actor was quoted as saying "I'm sorry my natural way of speaking is apparently offensive to myself." Plus they weren't even dark-colored.

But Simmons taking off his pants? That was just plain disgusting and not funny. I facepalmed in the theater when I saw that.

15. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Everything.

16. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Sam's mum getting high.

The college scene can just go away.

17. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    There's quite a few metric tons of stupid in these movies, although your assembled list is a pretty damning top eight or so.

I'll give my vote to 'Deep Wang' because it was just so fucking painful and I'm basically going to treat Revenge of the Fallen as if it was a special effects project rather than a film from now on.

18. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

none

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'll just say probably 98% of the human scenes. Those are so bad that I really can't separate them out and chart them to find the topper-most worst.

And I'll go against type in this thread and say I actually quite enjoyed the Twins. I went into watching the movie fully expecting to hate them but didn't. I also surprised myself by liking Wheelie and Jetfire even though before seeing the movie the write-ups sounded like I'd hate them so much. Life is funny sometimes.

20. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    No option for Jerry pulling out his 'manifesto'? Or any scene where he wasn't falling to his death, for that matter.