Worst Repack Jobs in the Wild

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bradforj, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Houstonian Prime

Houstonian Prime skilled tradesman

this unfortunately has become common practice in the Houston area, and theres nothing funny about it. especially for those of us that dont steal and spend our hard earned money on these figures. its disturbing to think that there are "collectors" doing this. its disgusting behavior. and shame on you for robbing the next person of the opportunity of actually purchasing the figure legitimately. fact of the matter is, this is theft. punishable by law. Ive seen this all over town, the west, southwest, and south sides, and personally getting sick and tired of seeing old figures (and pieces of old figures) packed in as a substitute, and returned back to the shelve. off the top of my head i can think of 3 instances...

voyager TFP ultra magnus in TLK scorn box..
    evasion optimus legs in TLK barricade box..
    and walmart in Mo City where every TR figure had the head missing.

best thing is report it to a manager at whatever store, not just complain on a thread. theres a lesson to be learned here especially for young people. when people steal, the people that dont steal are the ones that end up paying for it. lost $ due to theft isnt just shrugged off, the cost is essentially passed down to the actual consumer. so think about it.

and to those that steal and partake in this practice... go f* yourself.

• Like Like x 12
  2. fanbase0000

fanbase0000 Well-Known Member

Man, I went to ToysRus today and they had a couple of Studio Series Thundercracker but the tape on the boxes were cut and the Titan Master heads were gone. The rest of the figure and the guns were still there. That really sucks and make the whole toy useless without a head.

3. Houstonian Prime

Houstonian Prime skilled tradesman

aw man, im sorry to hear that. that is bs. i like to think that whoever did that, will eventually get theirs.. "what goes around comes around" sort of thing. that sucks cuz without a head hes basically only good for his alt mode. fortunately hes being put up for sale online. but still, thats f*d up...

4. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

Wal mart has a minimum weight and maximum IQ requirement to work customer ( dis) service... I am convinced it ios an overt marketing strategy to give terrible service at that desk in order to slow down the processing of anything there as almost NO transaction at the CS desk is beneficial to the company so they dump their stupidest rudest ... and I swear to frog stinkiest employees there to discourage us from even using the desk and if we do slow the process down as much as possible .... I can just see one of their CS employees, half even looking (like the big dude at Costco in "Idiocracy"... " Welcome to Coscto... I love you...Welcome to Coscto... I love you...Welcome to Coscto... I love you") just blanky taking what you hand them scan it, hand you the cash and toss it in the buggy behind them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Hey, if you can get one, I'll send you a head if you cover shipping. Shipping will probably kill the discount you should get at least you'll get it retail.

I'm using Titan masters and not his actual head so I don't need it.

• Like Like x 3
  6. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I don't know. I've only shopped retail in one other country and that was a reasonably touristy part of Mexico. At the time, it was remarkable how much nicer that Walmart seemed than what I was used to back home. Particularly, they hadn't adopted the hog troughs...err...value bins yet. God I hate when retailers just dump crap in bins.

Anyway, Walmart does seem to have that minimum weight and maximum IQ bit another poster mentioned going. I dread having to return anything there.

7. Shinzero02

Shinzero02 Well-Known Member

I've never come upon one of these for Transformers but run into it all the time with Marvel Legends 6" figures.
    Sometimes I just gotta wonder why Gwenpool looks like Sasha Banks and why Cable is dressed like Cyborg from Justice League.

8. ShootingStar7X

ShootingStar7X YuMmY JaAM!

YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    IMG_20170716_181053_1.jpg IMG_20170815_125121.jpg
    Here are the repacks/swaps in question.

• Like Like x 5
  9. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wtf is that?

10. BWfan86

News Credits:
    They even took the time to place the securing straps on the figures. Why don’t these man children just pay for their toys instead of stealing?

• Like Like x 4
  11. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    They probably just switched out the trays whole. I didn't know it was even possible to redo those straps.

• Like Like x 2
  12. BWfan86

News Credits:
    Makes sense- that makes what they did even more absurd though considering the figures cost around the same price and were apparently both misb before the swap

13. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    he might've gotten them on sale or something and saved them just for swapping.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

If you look at the way the straps are attached, you'll see that it would be relatively simple to put them back.

15. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    I guess I just never thought people took the time to finesse them out. I always cut mine.

16. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

I always cut mine too.

The only reason I thought about it was because of this thread. It made me curious, so I checked exactly how they did it when I opened my next TF.

17. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

LOFL, I am missing Motormaster and Octane, I would have been stoked to see those repacks.

I didn't take pictures, but the walmart down the street from my work, which isn't in the best area, has the entire Marvel Legends line in box, missing the pack in figure. LOL. All of them missing.

18. Oreo Bot

Oreo Bot Saucy boy

Hmmmn
    EEF834F0-27DD-4327-A6D6-AB106DAA023C.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  19. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Haha nope, he totally got those at ross and swapped them.

20. Spether

Spether Well-Known Member

Headscratcher.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1