Worst Part of TransFormers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Bumblebee765, May 30, 2012.

1. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    youngprime.don't bring that evil term into this thread.......and the aligned lore is inspired by g1 in the way to improve it. well atleast you admitted your a Geewunner but i'm starting to see a lil Geewhiner aswell :L not good bro...not good

2. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    the fandom! :) 

3. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I had to pick something from the actual TF fiction as the worst, it's got to be KissPlayers. No matter how much someone may dislike any other TF series, I don't think there's any way one can say anything is objectively worse than KissPlayers.

They used to be. However, that time has long since passed, IMO. Some of the old-school fans are still around, but it seems like the fandom is increasingly being over-run by petulant complainers, whiners with a massive sense of entitlement...and whatever the hell has infected the Prime forum.

I mean, I'll always be a TF fan, but I can definitely see leaving the TF fandom in the near future.

Yeah, this. I'd have to say the snarky, stupid nicknames that fans develop for anything they don't like (Bayformers, GeeWun, Shrekformers, etc) is one of the worst parts of the fandom.

4. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 Banned

TF: Energon, Bayformers, Pat Lee and the demise of Dreamwave, Kiss Players

5. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

I can't really think of a worst thing in the whole of Transformers. I guess it's because if I honestly don't like something I just ignore it. I mean, there's just so much that there is bound to be some true crap, so why not just accept it, let it go and move onto the next thing?

There was that G1 S2 episode "Childs Play"..... it was rediculus if you think about it for even a second in the context of what came before. Season 1 was pretty down to earth, fast forward a year and you've got TFs on an alien world giants where they are they are smaller than toys. But, if you allow yourself to take it out of context.... it's a fun episode.

The OP mentioned "Autobot Spike"...... sure the reasons for the body swap was down right stupid.... they just needed a reason to get to their concept - I guess they just didn't care if it made sense or not. But, if you can look past that major short coming.... it's a damn good episode.

Armada had so many errors and weird momments born of a poor translation job, it was enough for you to pull your hair out of sheer frustration. But you know what? Amrada was not boring. It had it's heart in the right place. I think it really tried to be something special, new, different, to grow the mythos.

Energon/Cybertron to me were a bore. The only two major TF series I had the chance to see, but didn't bother finishing. But, even with those there are pluses... I liked the characters/concept/design/music...... and to be compleatly fair the original japanese versions were a good 20-30% better. I liked the toys.... and that's enough I guess.

The closest I think I can see as a worst part of Transformers comes from my particular tastes.... so I can't even say it's a bad thing. Personally though I don't care for CGI. I try my best to look past it when they decide to go that route. Beast Wars/Machines/Prime.... are all good shows for the most part. But, they have to keep winning me over with everything else beyond the animation. Yet there's a large number of fans that want CGI, love it. I'm just not one of them.

In the same breath I can say that large numbers of fans hated Animated with a passion.... and I thought it was the best thing since G1 (silly human villans and all).

I say take what you like, leave what you don't..... and Transformers as a whole will be a lot more enjoyable for everyone.

From what little I know of the fiction behind it..... it's not all bad. I definatly liked the toys and the girls that came with them. I'd take Kiss Players over Energon any day.

6. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    And your inability to actually find out what I do or don't like instead of assuming puts your laughs in perspective.

F.Y.I. James Roberts work in MTMTE has been a step above brilliance and nothing G1 can even compare and I can't wait for the Gearsofwar-formers2 game in Aug.

*G1 Starscream Smirk*

7. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    I'm not a "Geewunner", I'm a Transformers fan first and foremost. But I will call out the things I dislike which is in accordance to this particular thread so why is my comment singled out as "evil"???

It's my opinion and I'm entittled to it. And since I'm not the one complaining about anyone else's post who's the true "whiner" here?

8. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    You're kinda complaining about his post at the moment, but whatever.

I am also peeved at never having a chance at some of the amazing movie stuff.

9. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Hello, his post was directed at me, was it not??? Wow is this the Twilight Zone...?

Add "bias" fans to list as well.

10. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Let's not get derailed here.

11. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    You said you were a gewunner in the prime forum >:eek:  I remember dat post :3 I never whine And I never try to overpower someone's opinion but that " shrek-former " thing of yours....ggrrrrrr. And you said prime lore seems to hate g1 lore which I..don't get? do you want it to be g1 or something?

12. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    I never watched Kiss Players. I heard it's creepy, girls kissing robots. Girls, not boys. Big deal. People generally are okay with Takara charge double amount. The consensus is they serve a collector's market in Japan. So when they actually delivered some maybe border line Kiss Players to adults in Japan, why would us here feel strong about it.

I think the worst part is all these Transformer toys that don't transform.

13. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Seconded. I remember that as well.

Hmm, Energon takes the cake when it comes to shows. However, I must say, the new "generation" of Prime fans makes me want to stay in the Movie Forum of all places, with all the "Is so and so hot?" threads, fantasizing about June and Arcee, being rabid to opposing opinions, and God knows what. Jeez Louise. And even besides the Prime forum, us fans are so nasty sometimes. Hell, I even get consumed by bad fanrage plenty of times. Look at the shit people gave Bob Skir a decade ago, or the fandom's initial reaction to the first picture of Animated Optimus.

14. Tikin

Tikin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This guy gets it. If I don't like something about transformers I ignore it, from the fiction to the toys to fandom things like certain posters or the prime board. Too much negativity and hating on the show for my tastes. I like the show, some people don't. End of story.

Never gotten this. The only mainline transformers that don't transform that I can think of are action-masters. Everything else like robot replicas and speed stars are just spin-off lines of no consequence. And even then just insignificant portions of the franchise. For every non-transforming transformer on the shelves, there's a hundred more that do transform.

15. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

Anyone else want a 'worst part of transformers fandom' section/ thread? i listed my 'worst parts' for the actual series, but wow do we have some wierdoes in our little group.

(I'm probably one of the wierdoes, but it's just a thought.)

16. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Expected G1 hate fest *check*
    Expected Energon hate fest *check*
    Expected GEEWUNNER appearance *check*
    Expected Bay hate and equal white knighting *check*
    Expected Kiss Players hate *check*

I will now add chin hate.. Tired of transformers with freaking giant chins.. :p 

17. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    the japanese g1 and beast wars stuff has some of my favorite things of transformers fiction though, victory and masterforce are awesome!

i look forward to the day i can finally watch beast wars neo

18. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I would absolutely relish such a discussion, but the sad fact is that it would break the site's rules. :lol 

19. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    What about the rules of a social group?

20. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I loved the Robot Heroes for example. Damn shame they discontinued them. I would've liked to have seen RH of DOTM and Prime characters, particularly Sentinel, Knock Out, Breakdown, Dreadwing, the Wreckers (imagine Leadfoot being even shorter and stubbier).