Worst MP mold

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DELTAsnake, Feb 3, 2011.

?

Which is the worst MP mold?

1. Optimus/Magnus

15 vote(s)
    6.5%
  2. Starscream/Skywarp/Thundercracker

36 vote(s)
    15.7%
  3. Megatron

128 vote(s)
    55.7%
  4. Grimlock

10 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. Rodimus

41 vote(s)
    17.8%
  1. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    Now that my MP RP is on the way I keep hearing about CQ issues on RP and what a pain in the ass he is to transform even if you get a good one, but, I'm wondering how he actually compares to the other often hated MP molds Starscream and Megatron? Is RP the worst or are Meg's and Seeker molds still the worst of the lot?

2. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Based on what I have seen, I would go with Megatron. He's an oversized pistol and just looks plain wrong in robot mode. The face, the cannon, those legs, he's just too miss matched for me to like.

3. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Screamer and seekers for me. Hip kibbles don't lie! :D 

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Going with Megatron. The legs are too thin and some of the proportions just seem a bit off.

5. UKBrawn

UKBrawn No arms just CLAWS!!

Got to go with the Seeker mode, even though I love them all and the alt mode is fantastic, it has the weakest bot mode.

Megatron is actually my favourite.

6. davehammer

davehammer Well-Known Member

Megatron hands down

my ranking:
    OP>Grimlock>Seeker>Rodimus>>>>>>>>Megatron

7. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Depends what you mean by "worst" - do you mean worst because of known QC issues and problematic transformation, or do you mean worst "i don't like this design"?

For QC, personally I've had no problem with any of the ones I own, or have owned (Convoy, Starscream, Megatron, Skywarp, Grimlock). So no "worst" there at all, for me. Lots of people have reported rusting issues and fragility with Megatron tho, and some QC issues with the seekers (e.g. stressed fins on Starscream, Thundercracker's misbuilt chest pieces), so I guess they don't come out too well.

For design, I don't like Megatron, for similar reasons as Tiller & Orodruin posted. Grimlock is generally good, but is disappointingly simplistic - also, it's shame he couldn't have been scaled a touch bigger, and little things like the lack of properly articulated hands and the very limited ankle articulation were poor, for Masterpiece standard.

8. Sanchimaru

Sanchimaru Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron is too big in gun mode, I can hardly handle him... and my hands are not small at all.
    Also, mine was rusty as hell. He's now in a box somewhere.

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    The Prime mold looks like ass in truck mode despite a stellar robot mode. It's time for v2.0. Megatron is still my favorite.

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    I think primes n megs alt mode are tied for worst. Prime because after the seekers n roddy, the clunkiness of his alt mode doesnt stand up to seeker/roddy slick alt modes. Meanwhile megs size in alt mode is off.

But im cool with megs bot mode, his slenderness is subjective, some like it some dont. I think roddys qc issues deserves a chance to see if therell be improvements in later runs/hasbro version, so its still up in the air. Im also ok with the seeker hip kibble n its the worst offense amongst the mp's in terms of inacuracy.

I think grimmy just has the benefit that his alt mode is not dictated by a real life/realistic alt mode, so he remains the best.

If i had a to make a choice, the least best mp is the seeker mold, due to hip kibble. Megs maybe oversized but at least hes accurate.

11. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

Bearing in mind, I don't have my MP-09, yet, so can't comment on that...

So far, QC / engineering wise, I'd say Megatron. Whilst I've not had any problems with it, I can see where I may do in future. Some of those struts and tabs really should have been made more robustly.

Design-wise, I like them all about equally. Yes, Megatron's legs could have been a bit beefier and his arm cannon a little lighter, and yes, Prime's headlights in vehicle mode are recessed a bit more than I would expect on a real truck. Ultimately, though, they all look stunning as display pieces.

12. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    obvious..... Megatron :( 

13. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

I can't really pick a worst. I like them all. Course I haven't handled Rodimus yet.

14. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I went with Prime. Horrible alt mode, clunky bot mode and way to top heavy.

15. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

My choice is Grimlock. The MP seeker mold is the only one i have besides Grimlock but based on what i have seen of the others Grimlock has less articulation. The ball joint shoulders are not bad but they are limited in some ways and they run the risk of getting loose. Imagine him in trex mode with those ball joints being loose.

16. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron, unfortunately, has too many flaws to overlook. He's out of scale in his alt. mode, he's delicate as hell, and perhaps most condemning of all, he is simply way too hard to transform, and thus has very little actual play value. He's the worst by a country mile.

For the record.....I actually LIKE the seeker mold....not sure what all the hate is about there (except for the lack of die cast). Also, Optimus/UM obviously rocks....arguably one of the best TF's of all time.

17. chapsy

chapsy Resident Brony

Every MP mold has their ups and downs.
    "worst" can be pretty subjective.

objectively speaking, the only standout problem I've ever had with an MP mold is Megatron's die-cast bits tarnishing. That was a little annoying. I've even polished it off a few times and it always came back. So strictly going by that, he'd be my worst. However, I still love a great deal of things about him.
    The complexity of his transformation is so awesome in my opinion.

18. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I've never had a single problem with tarnishing on my MP Megs, or with anything breaking. And "out of scale" does seem like a daft argument when you consider the scale of the others. I'd rather have a large robot mode and an oversized gun mode than a small robot mode and an actual size gun mode. Also, his robot mode IS in scale with MO Convoy. You want out of scale in robot mode? Look at Grimlock. He should be at least as big as Prime in robot mode.

I can't say which I consider worst, to be honest; I like them all. I wish Grimlock was bigger, though. And I don't have Rodimus yet.

19. Prowl 2009

Prowl 2009 A Decepticons Downfall

Megatron no question, he's unpreprotioned and slightly awkward to transform.

20. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I had to choose Megatron. He is the only one from that list that I actually don't want. He just looks awkward and not much of a Masterpiece in my mind.

Grimlock is a close second. For such a bad ass he is the smallest one! He looks odd beside my other Leader/Masterpieces because of this.