Worst matchmaking ever and other rants...

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by OMEGA_ONE, Aug 8, 2010.

1. OMEGA_ONE

OMEGA_ONE Well-Known Member

I really like playing this game online, especially in escalation. But it took me almost half an hour to get into a game today and this isn't the first time. I first got put into a game in which I had to wait for these two kids to get up the guts to actually fight the enemies (one wave 2 of all things) and after waiting for about ten minutes with no results I left the game in search of another one. The next THREE times I searched for a game it put me back into the same one. After that it put me on a map I didn't want to play so I again left the match in search of another one, and guess what happened? It took me back to the same match three times (maybe even more, I can't remember). So after I finally get to a good match and am owning on escalation I get kicked from the game for a bad connection when I know my connection is tip top. grrr....

Not only that but I really don't like the fact that if I go up to a health/weapon/shield vendor, wait for the "hold square button" prompt, and mash the square button like there's no tomorrow, some times it won't do anything at all, with plenty of points to spend. It's even more frustrating when you do get it to work you still have that awkward pause before you can up your item once it appears. Drives me crazy...

I seriously hope they address some of these issues because this game has a lot of potential.

/rant

2. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Mash? You're supposed to hold the square button, not mash it.

3. OMEGA_ONE

I was being sarcastic

4. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah i noticed the no response from vendors sense the dlc. it actually got me killed yesterday. grrrr

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    Tonight I was playing Conquest. There were six people in the lobby. The game assigned five of them to one side, and me to the other. So that went about as well as you'd expect.

I'm not even that good. My classes are levels 17, 15, 12, and 11. Three of the five had higher class ranks than me, and one of them was Prime.

6. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel your pain! :D  I don't see how over 2000 people are online, and it still manages to send me to the same game.

And yea, the people that hide are annoying. I've seen 3 kids that played as Bumblebee and hid in a corner til the next wave.

7. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    maybe they were having dinner

8. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hey bro sorry about not getting to play as long as I wanted too with you last night but I had company at my house and was showing my friend WFC. We can get together again really soon or maybe tonight if you like. PM me

9. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I am also bothered by the match making system in the game. For Escalation it is not as bad since I can choose to host my own public match. I pay for business class internet at home so I make an ideal host. I have no problems hosting an escalation match. Ever.

But trying to do public multiplayer matches is a headache. It is rare that I get to be host - only when it can't find another game to join. Then I will sit in the lobby waiting for other players seemingly forever. When they finally join it comes in big waves like 2 lobbies were joined and who knows who the host is at that point.

I haven't played escalation much since the DLC but the delay of the vending machines ticks me off. I shouldn't need to move off then back on it to pickup my item. I can understand holding square to pickup a weapon so you don't accidentally swap the wrong one while fighting, but ammo, health, and grenades should be instantly applied.

10. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it is applied instantly then you can't really buy stuff for your teammates.

11. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Sure you can. There is quite a large radius outside of the 'landing pad' thing where you can still input credits. For teammates, just have them be on the circle and you stand nearby and hold square. Or if they are not actually on the pad, just stand enough off center that it appears without you actually being over top of it.

12. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh. Didn't know that. Thanks!

13. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

Recently I've been having melee-contact errors where I hit someone and then they suddenly pop to the side and I miss and even when I do hit they don't die (cloaker on waves 5-)

what's starting to seriously PISS ME OFF is the fact that they still haven't realized that there is a transforming invincible glitch the enemies keep exploiting. when enemies transform their hit detection goes below 20% so if you're pumping a full round of ammo into a shotgunner or machinegunner that keeps transforming the chances the round would do some good damage are extremely LOW.

14. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here. Happens the most in remenent with the holo brutes. Sometimes my melee goes right through them, and I have to back off and do it again.

15. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    yeah long ago there was a interview (or Q&A) where tieg said the holo brutes are invincibility during melee animation is intentional. maybe the transformation invincibility is intentional too.

16. Soundwave4win

if so that's B******t

17. OMEGA_ONE

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that somewhere too. It's a huge pain when the enemy keeps transforming in escalation. Meanwhile you're just standing there melee-ing and soaking up bullets while doing no damage at all.

I also find it annoying that you can't mute other players on PS3. That or I just don't know how to do it. I would love to mute those annoying kids that sing, or yell at their mom while their playing. Then again they aren't as bad as the guys who sit there and breathe heavily into their mic the whole match.

18. Soundwave4win

lol at ^^^^ there is no way to mute Ps3 or 360 or Pc yet and sadly I highly doubt they'd actually patch that. it's too "Difficult" to integrate. which I can understand considering I'm not a game designer.

If I have to yell at anyone or breath/cough/sneeze I use my Mute button on my headset. I have some common courtesy when being around others.

Although I have forgotten to turn the mic off during my rants.............. :tongue: