Worst line from the Movie ...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Transquito, May 30, 2008.

1. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    seems more like you're trying to jam references where there aren't any.

2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to say I'm surprised so many people didn't like the things the parents said. Are you guys orphens? They really fit the profile of SO many parents I know that would have said ALL of those things. ESPECIALLY Mother's who've had a few drinks- they will say anything. And as someone else stated, the "Criminals are Hot!" line was elaborated in the Imax version where afterwards he said something about being there before. Even so I didn't have a problem with it.

There are 5 lines I particularly remember irking me. I may not be quoting them perfectly but here:

"Why are you here?" Mikaela to Prime. She couldn't have had a dumber expression if she was drugged up and drooling on herself.

"Are you the tooth fairy?" Yeah, that was cringe worthy and almost guaranteed to shit you out of the moment.

"My bad." I was there when this phrase got popular, I hope I can live to see it die.

"I paused it." This line, spoken by the hacker guy to his cousin, was bad in the way that I'm pretty sure they were playing a music based game, and that if said game was paused, the guy playing wouldn't have KEPT playing until he was told it was paused. It was outta place as if the audience would have needed to know this detail.

"Were we so different?" That was part of Prime's big speech and I am sure it was meant to sound important and wisdomatical. Unfortunately the line is such a cliche, and they really show no reason why the autobots would think we were a primitive violent race, when, you know, we still kinda had a planet that hasn't been totaly ravaged by war.

3. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "Bumblebee! Stop lubricating the man!"

Just... Wrong...

4. IronhideTF

IronhideTF Give Stare Over There.-->

That spanish scene.
    It was somewhat useless and not funny.

5. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

Sam to Megatron: "I'm never giving you this Allspark!" (cuz you need to get your own allspark, haha)
    In one of the special features behind the scenes thing, Shia even protested the line to Bay as they were filming. It was hilArious

6. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

yeah i hadnt thought of that. in most of the cartoons the war is over or nearly over with the decepticons losing. but in the movie universe the fighting has gone on for so long both sides seem to be nearly out of troops and resources to continue the war. who is the more primitive violent race? the the humans with a livable planet and a loose peace or the cybertronians whoes planet is all but destroyed and nearly no one left alive or dispersed throughout the galaxy?

but more on topic my dibs on cringe time goes to the "Sam's Happy time" the whole scene i am loving, the Autobots hiding urging Sam to hurry and BOOM!

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Hmm, bad lines?

"Stay! Just stay!" -- Sam, trying to get Optimus Prime and others to stay put.

The whole conversation about Sam's "masturbating" was definitely the worse thing to put into a movie about transforming bots.

8. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    The one line that kinda struck me as a little off...not so much bad, but didn't make a bit of sense...

During the grandfather flashback:

"The ice is freezing faster than it's melting!"

I just don't know where to begin with this one...I'll leave it to you guys to think about it.....

9. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

awesome LOL

10. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

My friend in the theatre brought this up the moment the line was uttered. Goes to show how the clowns who wrote this flick couldn't write their way out of a paper bag. The majority of the human lines were atrocious, contrived, phoned in crud.

Hope TF2 isn't as bad.

11. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    To each their own of course, but i cannot believe so many people (not just here, but in general) have such a big problem with the talk of masturbation!

Aren't there worse things they could have talked about? What is it, 1817?
    Hell, they weren't as prude in 1817! :lol