worst game purchase of 2007

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by domientius, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Transformers: The Game. That game was a giant mound of crap.

*Insert Angry Video Game Nerd Rant here*

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Wario Ware for the Wii, its complete garbage nowhere near as good as the GC one.

3. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Spider Man 3 for Wii. I got it with Transformers The Game, so that was a waste of 50 bucks

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, I really loved FF12... one of the best FFs I've played. And I have played them all. (Even Mystic Quest)

5. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

:O

I've been had! lol

I like Zombies. I guess I just had more patience back then. These days I can't stand repeating parts of games over and over and over again just to beat them. It's not fun, and it gets frustrating. If i have to start a level again because of a death, I just quit and then play again later.

For example, CoD4 on Veteran. If I die to many times, or have to restart from way far back I stop playing it. It's frustrating.

I don't see why some people went on a tiff because I didn't like Dead Rising. Personal likes and dislikes and all that jazz.

6. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    From all the praise I've heard about the game, I'm sure I'll love it as well when I finally play it during my Spring break.

7. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Haha, I actually used to work that the developer that made that game. They are a budget developer of about 15 people. They have some good people that work there, but games are made for about 300,000 budgets as opposed to millions for other games.

So what usually ends up happening is crap games because they just flatout don't have the time as 300,000 dollar budget usually means a 6-month development cycle from start to finish if you can imagine.

If you ever see "Cat Daddy Games" on any game (mostly "...Tycoon" games) and you are a hardcore gamer, I wouldn't buy it. The best way I always describe them is when Christmas rolls around and little Timmy wants Halo and an Xbox for his present, the parents spend all the money on that, and get Cat Daddy Games as filler presents for more under the tree. ;) 

-D

8. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Since when have ink ribbons ever been in short enougth supply to actually add extra challenge to the game?

Anyone who actually needs 40-odd saves in an old style RE title obviously has issues in thier choice of games.

9. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Sometimes I ran out of some and had to back track.

10. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I bought Crysis and felt that it was largely over-hyped in terms of a full gaming experience. Just because of graphics, particle management, physics, and pushing current computer technology to the max, I'd still say it was easily the most significant video game of the year by far, but it really lost me (and others I've read) as soon as you enter the alien ship. The gameplay totally changes, you never fight another human, and most the rest of the game is one mini-game/gameplay gimmick after another and then it just ends. It was my 'most unsatisfying' game of the year (partly because its potential and early game builds it up and then...nothing...garbage.)

11. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

PSP can emulate all of that and more up to PS1

12. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

I can get through RE2 with maybe 3 saves, and that's generally out of pausing at boredom more than difficulty. A fresh run on a RE game, combined with the things not particularly standing out, yes, you might find yourself short on them.

13. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I'm sure I'm going to be lynched here, but my worst purchase in 2007 would have to be Metroid Prime 3.

I just hate it. One day I'll sit down again and give it another chance, but there's so much more out there to spend my time on than that piece of garbage.

14. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Have you ever exhausted the entire available supply up to your current point thougth? I certainly haven't, not even at the start of Remake where you barely have enougth ammo to get to the necessary progression items.

Actually I could see a series noob struggling with items in general if they don't pick up the placement cliches quick enougth, particularly in the latter 3 since the stuff in plain sight actually blends in the background. I still don't think that the amount of ribbons available to be found is particularly restrictive in any of the games thougth, especially not in the likes of RE2 and CV.

15. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    TF just didn't grab me - the free-roam didn't offer anything, and I didn't like the difficulty curve - walk-over to instant-death too quickly, the challenge didn't feel rewarding at all. :( 

16. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    XBox 360
    • I bought Gears of War in 2007 and I just can't play it any more. I wish I hadn't gotten it, but rented it instead. The play control is alright on it, and the graphics, while nice, tend to be a little too dark. Also, while I can tolerate some foul language, having it in there frequently just to have it in there is stupid. Way too much of it.
    • Blazing Angels. I got this early in the year (around February), played a few levels on it, but it's just too tedious, the play control is not what I expected, and that guy that keeps giving you "tips" is annoying as hell.

Wii
    • The Bigs. Most. Awful. Play Control. Ever. Played it for 3-4 hours the day I got it, haven't booted it up since.
    • Tiger Woods Golf. Nice game, but I'm just not into golf. I like WiiSports golf, and I was thinking maybe I could get into a more realistic golf game, but I was wrong. I played this game maybe 3 times.

I only bought 1 game for my PSP (NBA Live 07), but I don't regret it. I bought no games at all for my DS.

17. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Sonic and the Secret Rings. That game pissed me off. I have yet to finish it but I may try to someday. At least I have Brawl to look forward to in February for a good game with Sonic in it.

18. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I'm surprised to hear Gears of War so much, I haven't played it but thought it was supposed to be such a great game.

19. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

PRESS A!

LOOKIT ALL DAT JUICE!

Overrated totale, much to my dismay.

20. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Yoshi's Island DS

The original was awesome, and this had so much potential. In the end I traded for Custom Robo DS and never looked back.