worst game purchase of 2007

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by domientius, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    2007 was the year of the DS for me, so both of my worst purchases were DS titles:

TF: Decepticons
    The Simpsons - what a complete and utter craporama. A textbook exercise in how NOT to design a video game.

2. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Uh huh....but what if I want to QUIT. That's the whole point. When I don't want to play anymore, and put the game down, I have to restart...I knew I could still play if the game was on.

3. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm pretty sure I only actually bought one game, MLB 07, which was pretty crappy in and of itself. So it's wins by default and for not being very good.

4. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Press the guide button and go back to the dashboard or turn off the console.

5. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I'm done stating what I think of it.

6. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Curse of Barrow Hill for PC. Even for a cheaper title ($19.99), I was rather disappointed. That and NHL 07 for PSP. Not gonna let me switch goaltenders during the game? Not going to even give me a decent roster update? Go screw, EA.

7. RabidYak

Sounds like a good idea to me.

If anyone else can tell me, i'd like to know how you stop running a disc-based 360 game without exiting to the dashboard or turning the power off. :p 

8. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

No, deadly serious.

And deadly serious about getting back on topic!

Please continue.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  9. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

pes2008 for the ps3. another game released before it was finished. seriously bad lag online, somewhat better lag offline.

10. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

MANLOVE!

\o/

11. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gnaw,
    I have a small question.
    You hated Dead Rising due to it's save system, yet you loved Majora's Mask which has a save system which is pretty much the same as Dead Rising.

If you didn't save at a Owl Statue then you got sent back to day one to start the game over again (yet keeping the masks of any dungeon bosses you have defeated allowing you to pass that part, like DR where you kept your stats allowing you to progressing through the game quicker)
    And also if you did save at the owl statue then restarted that save file was wiped and you had to remember to save again at one if you wished to quit the game.

So I'm guessing you are just using the save system as an excuse to say you are prejudice against zombies.

12. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    Super Paper Mario.

13. RabidYak

Drifting on topic, I don't think I got a bad game in 2007 that was actually released that year. I did get 2006's Star Trek Legacy on budget thougth, which taught me that even a paltry £10 is too much to pay for a game that you've not bothered to read about before buying.

14. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

I didn't buy much last year, I would say Odin Sphere or Wii Play from what I 'purchased'. I played TFTM07 on PS2, if I bought it then I would say that. :p 

Odin Sphere is good but it was my worst 'purchase' because I barely played it and at the end of the year it was on sale for at least $20 less than what I paid. :( 

Wii Play sucks, the games don't really last more than 5 minutes except a few. I only got it for the Wiimote since I used EB's trade 3-for-1 thing to get Wii Play.

15. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    To the first - Whut!? DS Decepticons was great, sure online play sucked, but the story mode was awesome. Free-roam was a great time-killer.

To the second - I totally know what you mean. My sister got it for Christmas, and I tried it when it came out. About 2-3 levels in I realised it sucked hard. The Playstation2/360 versions werent much better.

16. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Guitar Hero 3. It isn't "hard" so much as it's complete nonsense. The note charts are horrific, some barely even match the song being played.

GoW = God of War. Gears of War doesn't deserve an abbreviation.

17. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Hmm... the worst game I purchased in 2007? That's a toughie. I enjoyed everything I purchased, with the exception of Final Fantasy XII, which I bought just after Christmas and haven't had a chance to play.

Part of me wants to say Dirge of Cerberus, only because I played it one night and had no overwhelming desire to go back to playing it. That doesn't mean I hated it. I've left plenty of games hanging for ages for one reason or another.

The worst game I played however, had to be The Simpsons Game for Wii. The camera was horrible, and 2 Player Mode (which was how I played it) was practically pointless.

18. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

Well, it is Capcom, who decided that RE was best done by making the save system require an item that was found in limited amounts.

19. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First off, GoW was 2006, not 2007, but when you bought it I guess is what matters. Either way, I loved the game- I had a lot of fun playing through with someone else quite a few times. Far more enjoyable a single player game then Halo(s). Also, I don't get the "press A" joke, as I don't see GoW doing anything differently then most other games of its ilk to any large extent. I found the controls more then good, visuals amazing, and characters entertaining to listen to. Just my opinion.

Back on topic, my worst purchase was easily Transformers Cybertron Edition for the 360. I didn' totally hate the game like some others here, but $70 is a rediculous amount to pay for it.

How about best game purchases? For this I'd have to go with Mass Effect.

20. kronos

kronos PSN = METROPLEX_84

News Credits:
    Ditto (for the Wii)

I should have listened to you guys!

OMG I quoted Ka!