Worst Game Ever!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by strscrm, Nov 26, 2008.

1. strscrm

strscrm GAME BOY ETERNITY

What are the worst games ever?

My List (as if I'm proud of it or something):

5. The Zelda
    4. CD-i games
    3. (to think someone had the audacity to commit this genocide of our hearts three times)

2. Superman 64 (who said it was a good idea?)

and the worst game of all time:

1. ET (Atari 2600)
    This was a game so horrid that Atari could not rid themselves of the unsold copies. Charity wouldn't accept them, the dump wouldn't take them, so Atari did what any logical person would. They drove out into the Nevada desert, destination unknown, dug a hole and dump the cartridges into the innocent earth, poured a slab of concrete, filled in the hole, and never looked back. That's bad.

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    YouTube - What the hell is wrong with?: #2 Cosmic Race

Produced in an age when there was no excuse for putting absolutely no effort into developing a game, and so awful it was the official name for the worst score Game Players magazine had in it's review scale, ranking under Putrid and Shoot Me ratings.

3. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

The worst game I can think of that i've actually played was Unlimited Saga.

4. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Worst game I've played in the last year is probably Mercenaries 2.

Worst game of all time? I would say Bubsy the Bobcat: Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind. Primarily because of the title.

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

ET gets a bad rap. Yeah it's atrocious, but it's not significantly worse than the glut of other 2600 shovelware games in that era. The one and only reason it ends up on virtually every Worst Games Ever list is the legend that has sprung up around the overproduction and subsequent destruction of the leftover copies. If it weren't for that, it would be forgotten just like most other Atari games.

Interestingly, it is rumored that the infamous Nevada desert burial wasn't limited to ET and included other catalog titles as well, notably Pac-Man, a game for which Atari incomprehensibly manufactured millions more copies than there were installed 2600 consoles to play them. I actually dislike Pac-Man even more than ET, probably because it's a port of a game I love, and fails utterly to translate anything good about the arcade game.

Superman 64 definitely deserves to be on every one of these though. Bubsy 3D should be on there too.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Worst game ever that I've played? I have to say the Bionicle game for the GBA. For some reason or another, I can't get past the first level because this one platforming area is horribly designed for some longshot-KO esque tool. You have to use it to cross water, but the cling points are too close to the water, so whenever you land on the point the game knocks you into the water. Worse, your character finds it better to swim to the shore you just left, even when he's right there on the shore he's trying to get on!

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Yeah, to be honest here, ET is the game EVERYONE says is the worst game ever, but as a kid, I remember going to my friend's house and playing it. For the time, and my age, I liked exploring and looking for those little peices to the contraption to send you home. It was fun. The game wasn't bad. The mass production of it and assuming that everyone would want it, was. It wasn't that that bad of a game, and during the Atari days, there were hundreds of games that were worst.

8. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

9. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    The perfect weapon for PS1.

10. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I...I think my eyes just threw up....

11. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Worst game I have played.... Uhm...

One of them is Road Rage for PC, which I think was ported from the 3DO console's game. I got it some motor cycle racing game bundle. I thought the game was so piss poor and fusturating that the CD encountered damage from a certain Red Rider BB gun.

12. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

The worst game I remember owning was that religious game, where you throw baby Jesus around and answer questions about the bible. . .but that Cosmic Race. I had sadly never heard of it.

A surprisingly good game that I discovered a few years ago is for the Atari, and is called "Beat Em' and Eat Em'" It is, still, the most unbelievable thing that I have ever seen, videogame wise.

13. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same- I remember liking it to. I was just kid of course, but I recall playing far worse games on the Atari, but the names just don't stand out to me anymore. I actually Beat E.T.

Honestly there was a lot of games I played on the NES and Atari that were practically unplayable even my Superman 64's standards. Possibly, the worst I can remember would be "Heroes of the Lance", which is really too bad since I actually read and liked a lot of Dragonlance books, which it was based on.

14. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Dragonball gt: Final Bout

It's practically an insult to Dragonball fans as a whole.

15. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

*hides in a corner sobbing*

That is not real. That is not real. that is not real...

16. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Let me throw in a few that I've had the misfortune of playing:

Batman Forever (PS1) (I returned it to Blockbuster the same day. They said that no one had kept it for the full time.)
    Urban Champ (NES)
    Barnstormer (2600)
    Magic:The Gathering (PS1)
    Worst sports game: ESPN Baseball(?) (SNES), the view was from behind the plate which made fielding impossible and no matter where you hit it, the ball wouldn't stop rolling until it hit the outfield wall.

17. monkeydluffy

monkeydluffy Agent of Hydra

wow....
    i'd love to see angry video game nerd do a review of that. i think it'd break the record for most swearing in 10 minutes

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here Liege. Because of my love of the DL books I tried sooo hard to like this game. I even bought it on the NES thinking that it would be simplified a bit more on the NES, but nope, the game was horrible no matter where I played it.

19. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Yeah we had E.T. and I don't remember it being that bad at all. I thought the Atari version of Pac-man blew.

20. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Glover for the N64.

And pretty much every 3D Sonic game.