Worst Effects in the Movies

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TubbyChasis, Jun 30, 2014.

1. TubbyChasis

TubbyChasis Doofy-ass Smilebot

After noticing the talk about how cheap the KSI transformations from AOE look in other topics. I thought I'd ask what effects you guys think are the worst in the films (all of them, in case you're wondering).

Now to me, there's three particular stand outs from the first two films. The first comes from the 2007 film, wherein I'll be the first to admit that the animatronic puppets used for Frenzy look pretty hokey in comparison to the CGI. hell I almost thought I could see the puppeteers in the scene where he tries to tackle Sam.

With RoTF, there's two instances that bothered me - one being a particular scene and the other being something that happens throughout. The scene I'm referring to is the final fight between Prime and The Fallen, which looks like it was animated in stop motion at the last minute. The other was how most of the robots were rendered/composited into the movie. They look too shiny and like someone just inserted them with Photoshop.

I know I may be nitpicking or breaking the rules with this topic (not sure though). Just thought I'd see your guy's honest opinion on the effects.

2. Jaydenthetank

Jaydenthetank 3d renders

News Credits:
    I like to call this a complaining thread, yes cgi was not the most amazing but you just need to get over it. The boards are full of threads for complaining so how about you join one of them instead of making another stupid thread.

3. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this is funny.. the first thing my dad said as we were leaving the theater was "it's amazing how real the robots look".

i thought they looked great in AOE.

the one thing that i ABSOLUTELY hated was the use of that dumb bumblebee statue thing that looks nothing like the CG version.

..i understand using it for promo's.. but it REALLY didn't work in the movie.

4. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk Squid Kid

News Credits:
    Yeah, the sudden shifts from CGI to props gets a little jarring, especially in the first movie.

5. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    As much as I love the movie I do agree that yes... that cubey transformation thing was not well done. Maybe if they had done it more like Reedman from ROTF ?

6. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was moreso off-put by the 'floaty' animation on Skids and Mudflap, when they're bouncin' around, 'gotta be like a ninja' moment approaching the pyramids. All that work to make the Transformers seem like they had weight to their movements, and these guys are moving so fast.