Worst Decepticons Ever, Ranked by screenrant

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Thyme, Apr 19, 2017.

?

Are they right?

1. Yes!

19.2%
  2. No ... it can't be true!

57.7%
  3. Ha Ha! You have the worst taste in Decepticons.

34.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Thyme

Thyme Disciple of Yun-Harla

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Dispenser got hate for his 30 seconds of screentime? I wouldn't take this list too seriously brah.

• Like Like x 4
  3. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

The very fact that they have Ratbat in there, who by all accounts might hold the title of "Gets shit done" unlike every other Decepticon who ever ruled, had my eye brows raised. But I agree with everything else.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    What, no Misfire

5. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

Once the article claimed Astrotrain took over a football stadium and used "long bombs", when it was really Blitzwing who did that, I lost interest.

• Like Like x 4
  6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Some of them I can agree with. Others however make me think they threw a bunch of names into a hat and pulled them out randomly. Like how is Devastator on the list? He's one of the best and the first Decepticon combiner in the series. What the hell were they thinking?

• Like Like x 2
  7. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Probably because Devastator did nothing more than been a punching bag by everyone in the cartoon. Heck even perceptor one shot him once.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These kinds of lists are always lame. It's almost always a collection of some G1 names, maybe some Bay movie stuff thrown in, & they always play to expectations. Like, they would toss G1 Wheelie on a list like this cuz they know everyone hated him back in the day. No new insights or clever observations about other characters we may not instantly think of. Or in this case, they tossed in Dispensor, thinking that was an easy dig, when in fact, he's a fan favorite joke.

So now that we've established that this list sucks, what are the actual 10 worst Decepticons of all time, across all series & not just G1?

*staff edit*(G1-TFA ONLY for TFGD Forum)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
  9. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    So that was a... thing.

10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Screenrant is the worst Decepticon ever.

• Like Like x 6
  11. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    That whole list was a late april fool's gag right?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dropkick

Dropkick Doktor

Hmmmm.....lets see.....
    (In my opinion)
    10. Scavenger (G1)
    I don't know why, but I never liked the character that was a kiss-ass. I guess that bleeds into me not liking Scavenger as much. The other constructicons are fine. I just never liked Kiss-asses.

9. Springload (Nu. RID)
    *sigh* Springload. The worst decepticon in TF Nu. RID. Uuuugggghhh.

8. Cyclonus (Armada)
    He's annoying, he's a bad character, and overall an absolute PAIN to watch. He has absolutely 0 character traits, and he doesn't even have any dynamic changes over TF Armada. Just. URGH.

7. TFA Lugnut
    OH boy, here is the ultimate kiss-ass of kiss-asses in Transformers. I mean, I like his quirk, in which he always follows Megatron, and he always follows Megatron's philosophy, and i LOVED his P.O.K.E but all of that was brought down because MAN is Lugnut a Kiss-ass. Sorry. Can you tell now I hate Kiss-asses? Yeah. But anyways. Lugnut is not one of my favorites, which puts him on my list.

6. Snowcat (Energon)
    He just makes it WORSE for Cyclonus. ERGH.
    (Did i Mention he CONSTANTLY yodels? ERRRGH.

5. Demolishor (Armada / Energon)
    Yeah, same thing for Cyclonus goes here. And to think he was to be named SCOURGE! UGH.
    Energon made him a TAD more bearable, but only because he wasn't a blustering buffoon anymore, and he had a little more character. *looks at Demolishors rebuilt form* OH WAIT.

4. Offroad (Generations)
    Replacement Stunticon?! BAD. Replaces my favorite Stunticon? VERY BAD.
    He has not many character traits, he is not fun, he makes the other Stunticons look like pedestrians (Bio), and WHY IS HE IN WILDRIDERS COLORS?!

3. Reflector (G1)
    Does this guy even do anything in the show? Besides be on lookout and do ABSOLUTELY JACK SHIT?
    Yeah, I don't like Reflector, even though he had an interesting concept behind him. and Quick question. WHY DO YOU NEED 3 BOTS FOR ONE CAMERA?!

2. TF Energon Starscream
    Absolutely NO character for a character I absolutely LOVED in TF Armada. This one is just a plain old Energon ghost there to do nothing. WHY YOU RUIN STARSCREAM HASBRO?!

1. B.O.T
    This technically counts because he uses Brawl's Brain module. But, need I explain myself about this? Thought so.

Edit: I moved Lugnut because I actually kinda like Lugnut. And Snowcat is worse. MUCH worse. So I moved him down on the list. Either way, he's still on my list.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aww man, I love Springload's insanity & his crazy laugh! Heehee!! Ah well. He's not for everyone.

But see? Now that's a list!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    There are still people who take ScreenRant seriously?

• Like Like x 6
  15. Mirage00

Mirage00 Master of Hiding

These sites dont know what the hell they are talking about when it comes to transformers. None of them are real transformers fans so dont take it for fact.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I admit I'm not terribly familiar with a lot of those Decepticons. Even weirder is that the list will be like, "don't get us wrong, we actually like him! But he's ____". Like... commit, maybe? :lol 

My worst Decepticons? Hmm. I don't have any particular order, just whatever pops in my head first.

The DJD besides Tarn. I dunno. I think they got overhyped. None of them besides Tarn are interesting. It's not that they're despicable, that's their job as the main antagonists of MTMTE. It just... I dunno. There was no real way to have a confrontation with them. They were super over-powered thanks to Nuke and whatever, and none of our cast stood a chance against them. The entire crew was slaughtered by them on the alternate Lost Light. Just too over-powered. I liked how they eventually died, it was great to see them humiliated and all. But I dunno. Felt like too much hype, not enough pay-off. They certainly had cool designs, though, that I'd still love toys of.

I don't like the use of the Decepticons in RID 2015. It just feels like waaaay too many new characters are introduced and then forgotten. We do get a handful of recurring Decepticons (including Steeljaw who's one of my favorite Transformers villains ever), but they usually only appear for like two minutes of an episode besides the season finale. Feels like they're just pulling animal puns or whatever out of a hat then making one, and forgetting about them.

Oh! Speaking of RID 2015, Megatronus was terrible. Generic design that gave me uncomfortable flashbacks to Energon, no personality whatsoever, tried way too hard to be intimidating, vocoded voice was laughable.

I'm in the camp that likes Airachnid, but I'm throwing that name out there since I know plenty hate her. :lol 

The Driller from DOTM was a big waste of time, as well as money and CGI that could've been used on the other characters.

Terrorsaur was pretty lame, but I loved that he had a little arc where Megs completely played him for a fool and proved to the Predacons that he sucked.

Dirt Boss from Animated, while not bad, still felt pretty...lame, I guess, not helped by the fact he was a one-off character.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I kind of get the reasoning behind most of them but I have a soft spot for Blot, Dirge and Dead End.

While I agree with an earlier poster that Ratbat got things done, it just seemed wrong to see him lord over Soundwave. He was a typical management types and I really despise them in real life.

Armada Cyclonus was annoying and Animated Dirt Boss just looked stupid.

As much as I despise real life kiss asses, Lugnut had a certain charm. Loved his voice.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Darker

Darker The Lord of the Dark

News Credits:
    He was probably going to come back eventually. Dirt Boss' body shape looked suspiciously like a head (not to mention, he was inspired by the Lagann from TTGL...), and I imagine that's exactly what his role would've been, assuming Devastator was going to show up in Animated.

19. Mirage00

Mirage00 Master of Hiding

I agree! The cons from R.I.D 2015 do suck, and to be honest that whole show is terrible.

20. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Screenrant's really gone downhill.