Worst Bar and "Grill" ever

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trenner Dios, Feb 6, 2011.

1. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:

Truth! That's like going to an auto sales dealer called "Klunkers" and expecting to walk out with a brand new Lamborghini. :sly2: 

Besides, really, if you guys take your Mom out on her bday..shouldn't you do your homework and make sure it's a nice place to take your Mom, I know I always did. :inquisiti 

2. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

I've been to Wittenburg many times before. It's just the way folks think. They keep to themselves and are not quite as outgoing as one would expect. It's the nature with some of the small town folks you will encounter in Northern and Central Wisconsin. I do consider Wittenburg an unfriendly place, along with Gillett and Antigo Wisconsin. I am on the fence with my hometown. I just don't let that bother me if I had crappy service. Just need to move on.

3. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Dude, you went to a bar, not Denny's.

Bars will advertise themselves as "grills" so they can take advantage of certain liquor law stipulations. They involve having to sell food so they can allow other things like extended hours, age of patrons, etc.

They probably saw you as pretentious douchebags who came into their bar and expected to be waited on. Many places I've been to like that, you order at the bar and they let you know when it's ready.

Definitely not something to get huffy over.

4. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Actually it could've been the best "Bar & Grill" ever, but now you'll never know.

Because you didn't stay for the food.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Should've asked if the Colonel was in. You always get better service when you know the owner.

6. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    This thread is hilarious. Like MMM, I don't get the butt hurt, much less the need to start a thread about it.

7. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

I'm with Devastator and Firehawc. I spent some time growing up in a small Louisiana town. I know I know, that's what's wrong with me lol. Anyway, smaller places especially in smaller towns do sometimes operate differently than you'd expect. Also, this particular town may not give two shits about you if you're not from around there. Nothing personal, that just how it goes. Kinda glad you didn't stay actually. Hell you and your mom could've ended up like that lady back there in that yogurt thread.

8. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Chances are, they didn't really care about your money. You went to a dive bar in some podunk, nothing to get all upset over.

9. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

[​IMG]

From the one review you missed the biggest and bestest burgers in town!

10. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Well I can understand being put off by bad customer service but it sounds like you had the number of that place from the get go. I'm surprised you stayed as long as you did. I certainly wouldn't have. And I probably would have been suspicious of the place anyway. A business establishment with no lights on getting jittery about people walking in? It's a mob joint or they're selling drugs or something.

11. firehawc_69

News Credits:
    ...or it's a bar.

Edited for clarity

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    How the fuck is it HIS fault that this place was a shithole with unfriendly staff? That's a load of bollocks.

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Was there roast pork on the menu, by any chance?

14. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm with you on this one, especially since most Pubs I've been too not only serve a red hot meal, but I've often eschewed a proper restaurant in favour of my favourite Pub since the food is fan-fucking-tastic

OP:

It might have been a bit of a dent, but at least you didn't waste your money there. Find a good local with nice food, atmosphere and staff and become a regular: it leads to great things.

15. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios everything u like is dumb

LOL. Wow, I can't believe the only support I get is from people in other countires. It's good to know that at least the UK and Australia are cool.

Obviously I can accept that it's arguable whether or not this was worth ranting over, fair enough. I know I get overly exuberant about certain things. But it's annoying that people don't really seem to be reading what I'm posting.

1. We weren't some haughty upper-middle class family all wearing blue-tooth headsets and expecting an upscale place with amazing service. We just wanted some quick food so we could go back and gamble.

2. OUR OPTIONS WERE EXTREMELY LIMITED IN THE AREA so we settled on a place that looked decent on the outside. If it had looked like a shitty hole-in-the-wall we would have kept looking.

3. I've been to plenty of local bar & grills that had decent service and good food. I'd rather frequent a local place and give my money to the community than go to a chain restaurant.

4. Obviously in retrospect we should've just left before even sitting down, but I think we were overly optimistic that it might improve. Probably because we didn't really have much in the way of options, so we were kind of at the mercy of the locals.

16. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    LOL, sounds like a Tarantino movie. Wonder what they had in the back room? Or who? :D 

So in the US a bar normally doesn't have customer service? :lol 

17. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Finally. Someone with some courtesy. This thread has some of the most bitter souls I've ever seen. Geez. OP, you had every right to be pissed about the treatment, but I have to agree that you should've gotten the hell outta Dodge when it became apparent that you weren't worth a damn to them. That's the only thing I can fault you on. The rest of it? I'm with you 100%

18. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios everything u like is dumb

That's what I don't get. Nearly everybody here seems to have this mentality that you should expect to be treated like shit in any bar. Obviously I've never had an experience even close to this in any other bar, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered posting.

It's nice to have some support.

19. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What, you don't have crap places in the UK that you know you should walk out of the second you walk in?

20. firehawc_69

News Credits:

I was referring the the last part of that comment.

There ya go, obvious reply is now more obvious.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011