WORST Autobot/Cybertron/Maximal Leader

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DestronGenerals, May 23, 2008.

1. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

I am almost through watching Masterforce and later in the series as Ginrai is given command I can't help but notice that he is the worst leader i've ever seen in a transformer series... He pretty much does the opposite of whatever is recommend by the much more capable Metalhawk and it always gets him and the other Cybertrons in the palms of the Destrons. He's just an absolute moron in the series. I'm sure it's for the convenience of plot but man it just bothered me, especially when he left Hawk and the Headmaster Jr.'s at the base to be destroyed.

So I ask, who do you think was the most INcapable 'Bot leader?

2. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    BM Prime, but thankfully he redeemed himself in the end.

G1 Prime too, in the TV series continuity. Even as a kid I wondered why Prime didn't try harder to track the Decepticons down and eliminate them. The Autobots outnumbered the Cons by like 3 or 4 to 1, so it just didn't make any sense to me why Prime wouldn't try going on the offensive every now and then.

It's like the 'Bots just stood around the Ark waiting for the Cons to do something. I realize it was a kid series and didn't always have quality writing, but still... Prime could've taken some freaking initiative every once in a while. It was the least he could do to redeem himself for being the one responsible for bringing the 'Cons and their war to earth to begin with.

I haven't seen the Japanese series, so I can't comment on those. And I couldn't stand the Unicron Trilogy, so no comment there either... although from the episodes I did tolerate, it was like battle-reluctant G1 Prime all over again.

And in the G1 Marvel Comics, Grimlock was a pretty lousy leader most of the time too, except when it counted.

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime wanted peace more than anything else. He thought even the Decepticons could be redeemed. It's why he became such as easy target in TFTM 86 as he would have given Megatron mercy had it been real.

Anyway, worst leader? Rodimus Prime in Headmasters. Seibertron destroyed. Surviving Cybertrons in total shock & awe. What does he do? He leaves. It's all your's Fortress! Bye Bye! At least Rodimus took Blurr and Shitpiece out of the picture too.

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Energon Prime & Ginrai.

5. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Headmasters Rodimus

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

G1 toon and Headmasters Rodimus

7. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rodimus Prime

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Rodimus solely for picking the worst moment to leave and search for a new homeworld.
    Beast Machines Optimus for becoming so fanatical about his cause that he almost destroyed Cybertron (though it made him more interesting as a character).

Animated Optimus Prime is not a great commander either - he's indecisive and can't control his team very well. Although when it counts, he pulls through. Again, this makes him an interesting character.

9. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Rodimus Prime. He was like somebody I once knew. Feeling guilty and whined about being the "Chosen One".

10. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I never saw Headmasters, but Rodimus Prime still gets my vote just based on Season 3 alone.

11. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Rodimus Prime with a landslide be the Worst Autobot Leader and It should be Jazz to have The Matrix.

12. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

hmm... i forgot about Rodimus in Headmasters... thats pretty bad, but I kinda like Rodimus so i'm gonna ignore that... Headmasters is pretty bad from what i've watched of it anyway. However the analogy could be made that Rodimus is like that bad father that left his child and it's mother whereas Ginrai is like the bad father that stuck around but s a drunk and hits his kids.

13. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

The Decepticons had an UNDERWATER base. That means, to go on the offensive, you'd have to send in SEASPRAY first, and everyone else on those wacky jet-water-skis they had. Once the Autobots got there, the 'cons would raise their launch port, and fly around shooting Autobots on skis. I think Optimus knew what would happen if he ordered an offensive. They would be slaughtered.

Back on topic, G1 Ultra Magnus wasn't a very good leader, for as long as he actually was leader. Notice how he doesen't even protest Hot Rod/Roddimus taking over? Even the Matrix knew, it was all like "Yeah, you get to carry me, but you're not 'THE ONE'".

14. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    I haven't seen much, but G1 Rodimus seems to me to be a bad leader because he concentrates too hard on filling Optimus' shoes rather than be fresh talent.

Oh yeah, and Energon Prime. For a leader who's leading both Autobots and Decepticons, he isn't doing much to make the 'cons feel equal.

15. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I'm gonna have to go with Movie Prime.

Led the Decepticons into a battle with a populated city.

Allowed Bumblebee to be captured, with no resistance.

Uses a bus to block Bonecrusher. Bonecrushers plows through the bus to get to the Autobots.

Barely acknowledged Jazz's death, and praises Sam and Mikaela in the same breath.

Got his ass kicked by Megatron.

Had a dumb battle plan. He BEGAN the battle with the goal of committing suicide? What did he think was going to happen after the Allspark killed him? Was Megatron going to back off?

AND HE CRUSHED THE BIRD BATH.

16. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Typical Rodimus hate. He was probably more successful in combatting the Decepticons and defeating them than Optimus was. Who cares if he whined? The only bad move he pulled was going AWOL in The Burden Hardest to Bear, but made up for it anyway by taking on Scourge and reclaiming the Matrix.

BAH! HUMBUG! I suppose Energon Prime wasn't that great... but then again nothing really stood out about him.

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Your forgetting that he was so incompetent that he needed to bring Optimus Prime back to life to combat the "Hate Plague" while all along having the very key to solving the problem in his chest:crazy: 

18. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This. Oh, and let the human take the Allspark, because he was going to be a way better defender than any Autobot.

19. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    I'd say between Rodimus Prime and Movie Optimus Prime.

Rodimus Prime was a pansy little wuss, he had to bring Optimus Prime back to life to stop the spores! A true commender would have found a way for himself.

Movie Prime was just a big oaf, almost everything he did... except for slicing through Bonecrusher's throat completely backfired. Though no, Movie Prime wasen't actually the leader of the Autobots. Energon Prime the worst? LOL, he was way better strategically than Movie Prime.

20. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    Armada Hotshot.